NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wow, first Schaub, now Cutler. I guess now the Lions can breathe a sigh of relief. Terrible year for up and coming promising teams.

In other news... COWBOYS #1 IN NFC EAST WITH GIANTS LOSS!!!:party:

Ben

Reaction score
Bears are done, Packers with another win, and it was nice to at least see them in a close game to keep my interest.

Still though the defense scares, if you want you can pretty much pass all over them, and if they get into a game where they don't get any Turn overs there going to be problems. Still think they take care of Detroit next week and the only games I can see them loosing is against the Giants and if they rest guys the last 2 games of the season.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much see Calvin Johnson going off on the Packers D but probably will still lose as I don't think they can keep up in a shoot out with the Packers. No team in the league really can. Would be good as any time for Suh to try and break a QB in half.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, their defense is eh. Reminds me of New England they don't have a good defense at all but their offense can score at anytime during the game really so they have that to fall onto if need be.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I just read up on Cutler actually. He hasn't been ruled out for the rest of the year yet. The surgery he needs on his thumb on his throwing hand will definitely keep him out for over a month, but if the Bears can limp into the playoffs with their defense, they could still get him back.... theoretically. Don't see the Lions letting that happen though.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, i mean the games to win that mean the most are within the next month so it's horrible timing for any team to have an injury to any of their main players.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah and the Buccs gave Green Bay hell today and they're not near as explosive on either side of the ball as the Lions. Green Bay's on upset watch for me Thursday.

Ben

Reaction score
Think your going to need at least 10 wins to get in this year to the playoffs in the NFC so it might be tough for the Bears. Just depends on if NY and Atlanta can get on a run.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'd bank more on NYG than ATL really though I think the Giants take the division and Cowboys get in via wildcard.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I doubt it. The Giants are highly vulnerable to being demoralized after a tough home loss. I don't know what it is about Coughlin, but he can never seem to keep morale up when the team is demotivated. If they loose again next week, they're in trouble. Plus, the Cowboys have a relatively easy remaining schedule.

Though we play the Giants twice within the span of 3 weeks towards the end of the season, so that'll be rough. We'll need the sweep. If we get it, the Giants are fucking done. But if we draw 1-1, it's gonna be close.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just looked at both teams remaining games and it'll pretty much come down to the games they have against each other in which I like the Giants more over Dallas as far as which team I think is better this year. Dallas does have the easier rode though as the Giants have to deal with the Packers which is probably gonna be a L. Think it's just gonna depend on how balanced the Cowboys play rather than just being a pass pass pass team like Garrett has the habit of doing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.