NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Tebow's clearly not going to have any success in the NFL as a Quarterback. He's horribly inaccurate, shows little instincts, holds onto the ball too long and plays behing a mediocre OL. I really don't see him ever accomplishing anything, unless he and the coaching staff consider a position change, which would be very difficult.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I didn't watch every play, but the ones I did showed him having severe issues with pocket passing. If dude is comfortable rolling out, roll his ass out, run some qb draws. Fox has to play the hand he's dealt with Tebow, not try to turn him into Brady when he's more of a Vick.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Tebow's biggest problem is he doesn't look off his main Target he locks in on one guy and then scrambles around trying to find another way too late. That can be overcome but takes time. Any DC good at disguising coverages will eat him for lunch.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Really hope they don't try to position change him I have yet to see that ever work when they try and take a QB and make him into something else latest example I can use being Matt Jones who played for the Jags. Tebo is never gonna be the QB people think he should be but I can see him with the right coaching be a good player in the league who will do whatever he has to do to help the team win.

And to stay on that situation given they have Brady Quinn I don't get why they just didn't pull the trigger and trade Orton. It's obvious whether Tebo works out or not that Orton is gonna have to move on.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Really hope they don't try to position change him I have yet to see that ever work when they try and take a QB and make him into something else latest example I can use being Matt Jones who played for the Jags. Tebo is never gonna be the QB people think he should be but I can see him with the right coaching be a good player in the league who will do whatever he has to do to help the team win.

He shouldn't change positions but a lot of college QB's have and have become Good or at least adequate.
Hines Ward
Antwan Randle El
Josh Cribbs
Brad Smith
Drew Bennett
Ronald Curry

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
True but I'm sure there is just as many if not double the amount of them who have tried and it failed. I just personally don't see Tebo being able to pull it off. Guess if he were to do a position change RB would make the most sense but I just think if he gets the right help he will be much better than people give him credit for. Think he's most valuable being in the QB position as long as they don't get the dumb idea to think they should put him in a pocket passer system.

Killswitch

Reaction score
lol @ Sterling Sharpe:

"They're giving him opportunities," said Sharpe. "The Chris Johnson that we’re used to seeing, I don’t know why we’re not seeing him. ... Usually, when he got one on one, he could make a guy miss and it was going to be electric. Now he’s just curling up in a ball and looking for the softest spot on the field to lay down."

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He isn't lying Chris Johnson is just showing no explosiveness from what I've seen. It's not all on him as that o-line must be sucking or something. At the moment he got his money and not playing like he is hungry like he was.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
What games are we all looking forward to this weekend?

Greenbay and San Diego should be pretty good as should The Ravens and Steelers.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Ravens/Steelers by far for obvious reasons. Just a really big game and I don't expect Baltimore to be able to pretty much bitch slap them around like they did the first game. Not expecting pretty passing numbers which is why neither of them are being started in my fantasy football team.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah they always have really good defensive games, so i'll be looking forward to that. I'm gonna say The Ravens get the win in a close one.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The New York Giants will be without running back Ahmad Bradshaw, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks and center David Baas on Sunday against the New England Patriots.

The team announced that the three offensive starters did not make the trip to New England on Saturday.

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, however, did fly to New England and is expected to play, barring a set-back. First-round pick Prince Amukamara also traveled to New England. The cornerback could potentially make his NFL debut on Sunday.

The Giants were concerned that Pierre-Paul had suffered a concussion after he collided with a teammate on Thursday. But since he made the trip, he is expected to play Sunday as long as his concussion symptoms have subsided.

With Nicks out, the team activated wideout Ramses Barden off of the physically unable to perform list.

Barden could play third wideout for the Giants. Victor Cruz is expected to start alongside Mario Manningham. Rookie Jerrel Jernigan may also see time with Nicks out.

Nicks, the Giants leading receiver, originally hurt his hamstring on Sunday against the Dolphins.

Nicks was listed as doubtful and said earlier in the week that he wouldn't risk further injury to suit up against the Patriots.

"With my mentality, I like to bounce back pretty quickly from injuries. This is different; this is something that you have to be smart about," Nicks said. "We have a long season ahead of us. If I have to sit out one week and come back the next, I would rather do that than being out for a while. I just have to be smart about the whole situation."

Nicks has 38 receptions for 585 yards and three touchdowns.

If he plays, Barden will be making his first appearance in nearly 12 months. He caught three balls for 34 yards in the Giants' Nov. 14 loss to Dallas before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

Barden began practicing with the Giants two weeks ago.

"I'm preparing myself mentally and physically as if not only am I going to play but I'm going to contribute," Barden said earlier this week.

The 6-foot-6 Barden could prove to be an effective red zone tool for offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride.

Gilbride will be without his top rusher on Sunday in Bradshaw.

Bradshaw suffered a cracked bone in his foot last Sunday against Miami, it was revealed Thursday. Bradshaw was listed as doubtful for Sunday's game.

Embattled running back Brandon Jacobs will start in his place.

Jacobs was booed at home Sunday after running for just 10 yards on four carries. He also fumbled and dropped a pass, days after comments in which he complained about his role were published by a magazine.

On Tuesday, Jacobs said the boos didn't bother him. He also believes fans will see a new Jacobs for the rest of the season, starting with the New England game.

"You're going to see a change, man. You're going to see a change," Jacobs said.

Coughlin confirmed on Friday that Bradshaw will forgo surgery, attempting to play through the foot injury, just as he did in 2009. That season, Bradshaw played nine games with broken bones in both feet.

Bradshaw originally suffered the injury in the third quarter of the Giants' win over the Dolphins on Sunday.

Baas was doubtful due to a knee injury that kept him sidelined from practice all week. He will be replaced by Kevin Boothe who has started at center in the past for Baas.

Amukamara won't start, but he should see the field against Tom Brady and the Patriots. The rookie broke his left foot in his second practice in the preseason.

Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell hinted that, with Amukamara in the fold, it would be easier to use a corner to cover the Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez.

Amukamara also would allow safety Antrel Rolle to give up his nickel corner duties.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i will be watching redzone, don't really want to watch the Bills/Jets

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
My satelite dish is being a blueberry. So i'm streaming Seattle And Dallas online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.