NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAL

Reaction score
I see no reason to get a guy like Fisher when you can find someone who will demand less money and understands clock management. But that's just me. I see the arguments for keeping Hue Jackson, but seeing as how he thought he could decide how much power he had, I see a whole lot more for getting rid of him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If there is a good coach they can get for half the money that is out there then I'd do that as well I just don't know one off the top of my head at the moment.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Surprised but not shocked by that. He had a lot of issues, with clock management and Penalties, plus the new management may want to clear things out and do it there way.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah that's basically what's going on, new gm for the first time in ever and he wants his own people. Which yeah makes sense but eh. I'll get over it, and hope the Raiders turn their shit around been a fan for close to 10 years now.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I really think the Broncos will win with their pass rush. Pressuring Brady is completely necessary to force turnovers. This is (partly) how the Ravens beat them in 2009 in the playoffs. The Broncos rushed for 200+ yards a month ago: If they can control the clock and win the turnover battle, they can beat New England.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah it's possible, and who knows i mean the Patriots have been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round the last w hat two years?

But IF the Broncos can create turnover, and keep Brady on the Bench without giving up the ball themselves then yeah they'd have a chance. Then the Ravens D rapes them next week.

I'm still predicting Tom Brady though.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Hue Jackson has been fired by the Oakland Raiders.

This is why the Raiders have won nothing for almost a decade. You give up a lot to get Palmer, and then fire the coach who could probably get the most out of him? After one year? Soon to be 8 coaches in 10 years, you cannot win in this league with that kind of turnover. No wonder they haven't had a winning record since the Gruden Bowl.

SAL

Reaction score
A friend once told me, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." I do believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Tim Tebow.

This is why the Raiders have won nothing for almost a decade. You give up a lot to get Palmer, and then fire the coach who could probably get the most out of him? After one year? Soon to be 8 coaches in 10 years, you cannot win in this league with that kind of turnover. No wonder they haven't had a winning record since the Gruden Bowl.

You do understand that the entire structure of the Raiders is changing now, right? It's not one person replacing coach after coach after coach anymore. Judging the new team's direction based on the first move a GM makes is asinine. And please don't pretend that Carson Palmer was ever going to get the Raiders to the promised land. He contributed little more than Jason Campbell did, and Hue Jackson sold the next two years down the river to slightly increase the chance of making this playoffs this year. You mention stability. Getting rid of a coach who thinks he can determine the extent of his power: that promotes stability.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Bengals ultimately gonna win in that deal actually getting a team to give up a good bit for Palmer who imo got overrated off of one great year he had sprinkled with solid or forgettable seasons. So if I was them I'd get a QB in the draft if you can.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Tebows favorite verse in the bible is john 3:16, he threw for 316 yards against Pitt. He averaged 31.6 yards per completion. Pitt's time of possession was 31 minutes and 6 seconds.

Deuce

Reaction score
-- The Rock will be on FOX this coming Sunday to introduce the NFL Playoffs game between the New York Giants and the Green Bay Packers.

-- Triple H showed up at the New York Giants' practice today. The Giants are practicing for their playoff game this weekend against the Green Bay Packers. Giants safety Tayler Nash tweeted about it, including a photo: Triple H @PrinceAmukamara and myself after practice today.

I think this goes here, it involves football so I thought I'd post it in this thread.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Yeah it's possible, and who knows i mean the Patriots have been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round the last w hat two years?

But IF the Broncos can create turnover, and keep Brady on the Bench without giving up the ball themselves then yeah they'd have a chance. Then the Ravens D rapes them next week.

I'm still predicting Tom Brady though.

Agreed...Tebow will have to put up performance like last week, Mcgahee will have to play the best he's played in a month, and they'll have to win the turnover differential by +3 just to be there at the end. I can't see all of those things coming together, especially since the D only forced 18 turnovers all season.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
407180_216965901725326_100002357531289_478371_1447159638_n.jpg

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Interesting stat I heard on Mike and Mike in the morning. Teams who's total offense or total defense that wasn't in the top 25 of their respective ranks have never made the super bowl. So that means the Giants 27th in total defense, Pats 2nd to last in defense, Packers in last in defense and the Niners who are 26th in offense stat wise shouldn't be in the super bowl based on that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.