NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
True. hah Peyton Manning should just become coach of the Colts, he pretty much runs the entire offense by him self.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Colts are going to be a powerhouse next year with Manning back and them having the first pick, I predict they completely inverse their record next year and go 14-2. I say they draft Claiborne or Coples so they can improve their defense. They don't have to worry about a replacement for Manning for another year, he could play for another 5-7 years if he really felt like it.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm actually starting to think they might not draft Luck anymore as well. I mean, i honestly believe Peyton Manning is going to be back next season in his old form. It'd be nice to plan for the future or have a back up plan just in case but i just can't see anybody playing QB for the Colts and having success other than Peyton. If they can get Wayne resigned and maybe add one or two big defensive weapons, from the draft and free agency then like you said Killswitch they could be a 14-2 team.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I'm still surprised by the firing of the Piolians. You're a franchise that had a decade of success, and everyone knows why you're so bad for this one season - your best player is injured. Why turn over the management of a team when everyone know it wasn't their fault you were bad?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i was surprised also, i think of all the firings that happened today that one made the least sense when you really sit down and think about it.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I heard there may have been another reason Irsay fired the Polians, and it may have had to do with Peyton Manning (i.e. Irsay wants to keep Peyton and the Polians wanted to move on).

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I had heard the same thing too.

Here's Peyton Mannings's take on them getting fired.

"I'm very surprised and shocked," Manning told The Indianapolis Star. "I don't want to speak for Bill, but I did meet with him and he is (shocked) as well.

"It's a sad day and it's the worst part about this business. I'm sorry that it went down this way."

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Was just watching ESPN and this is crazy, but if the Colts were to draft Andrew luck and have Peyton Manning it would cost them 50 Million dollars to keep them both on the team.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
fuck that i would rather sign one of them and use the money to keep mathis, freeney and wayne. trade the pick to dallas for d. ware 8D

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah they need to make sure that some of their key players stick around for next season, everybody on ESPN said trade Peyton in the what would be the biggest deal in NFL history and keep Andrew Luck around and look towards the future.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
General manager Jerry Angelo isn’t the only prominent Chicago Bears figure who won’t return in 2012: Also out is offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who resigned Tuesday morning after a meeting with coach Lovie Smith.

A source told the Tribune “philosophical differences” were behind the split. Martz was out of contract, having turned down an offer of a one-year extension after last season.

Pretty big deal in the sense that he built that offense to fit Jay Cutler, will be interesting to see who they get to replace him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As far as the Manning/Luck thing they have a franchise defining decision to make. If they keep both then looks like they won't be able to do anything else as far as signings. They release or trade Manning then there is a good chance that could bite them in their ass esp if he went to a team with weapons like Dallas and who knows maybe Luck ends up being a Ryan Leaf level bust. Then if they decide to trade that pick for pieces and roll with Manning you could miss out on having a possible HOF level QB. So it's a hard decision they're faced with but if I were them I'd trade down in the draft to still get a QB but be able to afford to get other pieces as well so they can make another run at a championship but at the same time build for the future. Imo they don't actually need Wayne as Manning can make a lot of WR's look like pro bowl type players.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with you about them moving down in the draft, i think the good out weighs the possible bad. When Peyton starts training this spring, and starts taking hits and what not we'll really see but if he can come back and be the same Peyton Manning we all know then i think the majority of Colt's players would prefer him over an unproven rookie QB on an NFL level. Like you said it's a franchise defining decision they have to make, and ultimately i see them not being able to give up Manning, this will easily be the biggest decision of the off season out of any team.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I hope the Giants win this week. I feel that they can go far if they get past the first round. New Orleans looks real tough, as does Green Bay. The 49'ers I just don't see in the Super Bowl. As far as the AFC goes, it's Steeler year I believe. But I'd love to see Baltimore in it, or Denver (will never happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.