NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Glad the Steelers lose to stop them from getting that number spot in the AFC. And Gore did good enough apparently since Fab won.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
San Fran looked like a Super Bowl team in that game. Running very well, playing unbelievable D and getting the big play when they needed it. They could be dangerous at Home.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah didn't really expect the Steelers to win at all tonight, 49ers could pose some troubles for teams in the playoffs their D is is number 1 in the league in a bunch of categories.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol @ James Harrisons tweet during the game when the power kept going on saying if I can't play can't nobody play light outs.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
As expected by many, New England Patriots defensive end Andre Carter is done for the 2011 season.

The Boston Globe reported Monday that Carter will not play again this season because of a quad injury he suffered during the previous day's 41-23 victory over the Denver Broncos, according to a source with knowledge of the injury. That news wasn't a surprise, given Sunday night's report that Carter's injury would require surgery and likely was season-ending. The Patriots initially announced Carter had suffered a left knee injury.

"God is great," Carter wrote Monday night on Twitter. "Thank you for showing me and my family support this season. It's been a blast. Wouldn't change it for anything."

Their defense isn't that great but Carter was one of the better players on the team, had 10 sacks on the season. Pretty big blow to the Patriots.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
15267348c2a30954334efaa55da6338bcdf95ad1.jpg

Here's the power rankings for this week

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
15267348c2a30954334efaa55da6338bcdf95ad1.jpg

Here's the power rankings for this week
Imo should put Niners above the Pats. That Niners D is just scary good right now. And put the Broncos over the Cowboys then they have it right.

Broc

Reaction score
Imo should put Niners above the Pats. That Niners D is just scary good right now. And put the Broncos over the Cowboys then they have it right.

I honestly think the Ravens, 9ers, and Steelers should all be above the patriots

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I could see the debate for that since the Pats are the most straight up one dimensional team in the NFL. Just so happens they're pretty damn hard to stop in that one dimension.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—When Aaron Rodgers needs to rekindle the feelings that drove his rise from a junior college quarterback to Super Bowl MVP, he doesn’t have to look too far.

Rodgers held on to the many rejection letters he received from marquee college programs as he was coming out of high school. Even today, he leaves a few of them sitting out at his house.

“I chose the couple that I thought were most demeaning to display in a space in my house that really nobody is able to see but myself,” Rodgers said. “It’s something that I think is important to keep fresh on your mind. Maybe not every day, but once a week your eyes might pan across it and you have a little laugh about the journey you’ve been on—at the same time, remembering that there still are people out there that you can prove something to.”
AdChoices

Good luck finding those doubters now.

Rodgers is the 2011 Male Athlete of the Year, chosen by members of The Associated Press, after he turned in an MVP performance in the Green Bay Packers’ Super Bowl victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in February and then went on to lead his team on a long unbeaten run this season.

Rodgers received 112 votes out of the 212 ballots submitted from U.S. news organizations that make up the AP’s membership. Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander finished second with 50 votes, followed by tennis standout Novak Djokovic (21), Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Cam Newton (6) and NASCAR champion Tony Stewart (5).

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
And yet again, Reggie Wayne acknowledged that Thursday night's NFL Network game against the Houston Texans could very well be his final appearance in a Colts uniform at Lucas Oil Stadium.

"Well, it could," the five-time Pro Bowl wide receiver said Wednesday, when a reporter mentioned the possibility. "I am well aware of that, and I've come to the conclusion that, in every athlete's career, they are going to be faced with this decision at some point in time, whether it is a long career or a short career."
So if he does leave Indy where does he land? For some reason i could see the 49ers looking at him, think he could really help Alex Smith open up that offense a bit more, I would say he should go to New England but they seem content with using 2 tight end sets and slot receivers and he'd likely get lost in the shuffle somewhere.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Ahhhhh shit please sign reggie back. I could see him going to the Giants cause eli's wr's can't catch. Also fuck the colts for playing tonight i wanted to get an early night before i leave to go to my family's house for christmas.

two straight baby!

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I don't know, if Indy trades Peyton i don't expect Wayne to resign with them.

And lol not sure if they can make it two in a row but do think they can beat the Jags next week to close out the season for em.

Status
Not open for further replies.