NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Asher Roth is fucking sick

[yt]AKNWkMYctQU[/yt]

NinoBrown

Reaction score

[yt]XdBdjezEPGo[/yt]

If I actually cared about either artists, I'd geek for this future collaboration.

And Darwinism? Really Wayne?

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score

Wale is cool. I find Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y & J. Cole better though. Personally, IMO.

Montana

Reaction score

For new guys....i like Wiz and J.Cole the best right now. Wale is real good, but after his debut album doing, alright his buzz has died down a bit. If you consider Drake new, i'd rank him at the top easily.

Here's a new from Michigan, Jon Connor - Epic...check him out, i think you will be hearing more from him in the future. (give it a few seconds...doesn't start till about 40 seconds in)

http://[yt]q0NtRpj7fkY[/yt]

NinoBrown

Reaction score

As for the Kanye leaks he's been releasing through twitter the last few weeks.

Runaway > Devil in a New Dress > Monster > Power Remix (ft. Jay-Z)

Runaway is the song he performed at the VMA's.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score

I gotta say all of those leaks were great to be honest. I love Monster and Runaway the most but still, all are great, IMO.

And I can't forget about Jay Electronica in the "new guys" discussion, I think he is lyrically a beast.

Montana

Reaction score

I haven't been feeling the new kanye stuff much yet. The songs are average to me, and not on par with his stuff in the past. I like the Power remix, but i'll wait and reserve my judgement until i hear the whole album. I often pysch myself out with good/poor leaks, so i try not to pay too much attention.

Anyone check out Jon Connor?

straight_edge76

Reaction score

Kanye's leaked tracks are good, but not nearly as great as some of his other stuff. But with Kanye being Kanye he will get a huge buzz as his album gets closer to being released.

Wordlife

Reaction score

Everyone needs to check out Bliss N Eso RIGHT now. I saw them open for Kottonmouth Kings on Saturday night. They are phenomenal. They're a hip-hop group from Australia, the only group to ever venture out to another country. They even beat Eminem on the Australian charts in August with their new album. They're the #1 in all of Australia musically right now.... check this out:

[yt]hmYz-RE9YmA[/yt]
[yt]aZOa9VD4snk&feature=related[/yt]

NinoBrown

Reaction score

Jon Connor is alright, he has his punchlines but maybe if he slowed up the flow I could see potential.

Oh and CuDi is taking shots, and being an asshole at the same time.

Complex: Speaking of Wale, when you hit that fan at your show last December, he came out with a line about it ["Throwin' 'round wallets like the dude that Kid Cudi hit," from "Thank You Freestyle"].

Kid Cudi: It wasn’t a shot, it’s just a simple-ass rhyme by a simple-ass rapper. You can’t let that shit faze you. That’s one of those raps that just shows the world that you wack. Why would you even use that as a metaphor? Everybody think they Hov. smurfs ain’t got the magic like they think they do; there’s only a couple of wizards in this game. I’m a wizard and I know it.

I know CuDi ain't talkin' about rhyming bar for bar. CuDi can outsell Wale but I'll be damned if he can rap better.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

I know CuDi ain't talkin' about rhyming bar for bar. CuDi can outsell Wale but I'll be damned if he can rap better.

Quoted for emphasis. Wale could rhyme circles around Cudi imo. Cudi is good and all, but Wale is on an entirely different level.

Also, has anyone heard the new Nelly song? I really am digging it right now:

[YT]XQaq3uFqZEE[/YT]

NinoBrown

Reaction score

Now this isn't as horrible as I thought it would be.

[yt]uy-dCNQPNW0[/yt]

straight_edge76

Reaction score

New Ice Cube track:

[YT]6wIWIOIDlWA[/YT]

I've really been liking what Cube has put out lately (always been a huge fan). Kinda a short song.. Kinda enjoyable though.

The 50/SB song wasn't HORRIBLE... Not something I would really want to listen to regularly but not too bad from two sub-par lyricists.