NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Well Game didn't really say anything (as usual lol) toward 50 (shocking). Ja's career is pretty much over and Fat Joe hasn't been considered lyrical in years. Funny thing, I don't listen to any of the artists in the song.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Fat Joe Talks Dissing 50 & G-Unit

Fat Joe recently helped out Rick Ross, The Game and Ja Rule diss 50 Cent in a new remix of "Mafia Music" [listen here] After the song hit the net, Fat Joe talked about Rick Ross asking him to be on it saying "Rick Ross my man, we got it in, that's it," Joe explained in an interview.

"We get direct, simple as that. I just felt like it, that's it. I just felt like it. I was done with that, I just felt like it. He asked me to do it and I got so much of this built up tension in me that I had to let it go through the music you know?" Joe also took aim at the entire G-Unit, not just 50 Cent, rapping againt Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks and DJ Whoo Kid.

Eminem Covers XXL Magazine-Talks Drugs, Proof & Rap:

Eminem mania has begun. After releasing his first single's video for "We Made You" [watch here] and causing tons of headlines with his celebrity attacks, then yesterday news that Eminem will perform at this years MTV Movie Awards, Eminem will now cover the next issue of XXL Magazine.

In the new interview, Eminem talks about everything including his drug addiction, the death of his best friend and fellow D12 member Proof plus the state of hip hop and artists like Lil Wayne and T.I. bringing it back.

On His Drug Addiction

“I wasn’t really mentally. I wasn’t ready to give up drugs. I didn’t really think I had a problem. Basically, I went in, and I came out. I relapsed, and I spent the next three years struggling with it. Also, at that time, I felt like I wanted to pull back, because my drug problem had got so bad. I felt like, Maybe if I take a break, maybe this will help. I started to get into the producer role more…I can still be out there with my music, like with the Re-Up album, but I don’t have to be in the spotlight the whole time.â€

On Proof’s Death

“Everyone felt his loss, from his kids, to his wife, to everyone. But, for some reason, in hindsight, the way I felt was almost like it happened to just me…Maybe at the time I was a little bit selfish with it. I think it kind of hit me so hard. It just blindsided me. I just went into such a dark place that, with everything, the drugs, my thoughts, everything. And the more drugs I consumed, and it was all depressants I was taking, the more depressed I became, the more self-loathing I became…By the way, I’m just now at the point where I’m better talking about it. It took me so long to get out of that place where I couldn’t even speak about it without crying or wanting to cry…Proof was the anchor. He was everything to D12. And not just the group-for me, personally, he was everything.â€

On T.I., Lil Wayne & Hip-Hop

“I stayed up on the music, and obviously I watch TV and saw what was going on. And without naming any name, it just felt like hip-hop was going downhill. And it seemed like kinda fast. You know, in them three years, it was like everybody just cares about the hook and the beat; nobody really cares about substance. But with this new T.I. album, with this new Lil Wayne album of recent, it seems like things are looking a lot better now. You can appreciate Lil Wayne using different words to rhyme and actually rhyming words that you know. Or T.I., where you hear shit and you’re like Whoa, ah, I wish I would have thought of that! You know what I mean? Or you hear all the compound-syllable rhyming and all that. It just seems like now the craft is getting cared about more.â€

Below is the cover of the magazine.

Source: rapbasement.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought the 50/Joe beef was done and Joe was talking some time back about forgetting about all the beefing and just making music. What happened? The music not working out for him so he has to go after 50? Did he not learn the first time around?

It's obvious Proof's death messed Em up a lot and I'm expecting him to have a song on the new album that touches on it. I agree with Em about T.I. but...Lil' Wayne? There's no way Lil' Wayne is doing anything good for hip-hop with the garbage he's been putting out. As for the two covers, I like the second one but it would've been better if they had the "Vengeance is Shady" title on it rather than "Vengeance is Eminem". Either way, Shady's back...back again...lol...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Garbage lookin covers. Looks like mixtape covers, in fact, theres a mixtape series using Marvel Heroes as the alter egos lol.

He had to mention Wayne, he's the hottest thing right now. His album was bad and it wasn't really good either (7.5/10 IMO)

This is gonna be a weird, Em non-bleach blond is gonna be a different look. I guess he's showing us he's grown, hopefully his music reflects it.

Rell

Reaction score
rofl Eminem looks like a lesbian broad, with a haircut.

does anyone here buy albums? or does everyone download? besides untitled (nas = GOAT!) the only album I've actually went out and copped in the past couple years =

2iqnz4j.jpg

:D

I'll buy Deeper than Rap april 21st, Crime Pays may 9th, and Blackout 2 (red & meth) may 15th...support the ARTIST!

officer rickeeeey

Montana

I can't really remember the last album i bought. Probably was Jay Z Blueprint or Usher's album with Yeah, or some Royce 59 mixtapes. I used to buy tons and tons cause i would DJ in high school. Every Tuesday i'd pick up the newest releases. Some stuff i would buy the CD and the Record, and then the singles. So on some stuff, i was paying 30-40 bucks for one albums worth of music ( 12$ CD, 7-14$ vinyl, 3-7$ per single) Then i started getting a lot of free promo music, so it got to the point, where downloading wasn't so bad. I justified it by the fact they give a ton of free copies to radio stations and whatnot. But now its pretty much just downloads. If an artist wants to make money, he has to tour. Simple as that. The industry has changed.

Plus a lot of the albums now aren't worth the 12$ pricetag imo. Some are, but a majority aren't. Now even the price of a CD has dropped with the downloads. I probably would buy the actual albums if they were around 5$. I think thats a fair price. The industry doesn't want to charge that though.

The few albums that i would have bought the past few years would probably just be TI and Kanye.

========================================================================

Recently DL'd Asher Roth and Rick ROss.

Two decent albums. A few good tracks, and some average filler on both. Favorite track on Asher Roth is La di da, and on Ross its Mafia Music or Yacht Club. Yacht club could be the summer anthem if it gets enough play, which is probably wont. I'd say Roth is a 7.5/10 and Ross is a 7.5/10 as well. I haven't listened to Ross all that much yet.

Dre

Reaction score
This past week, Drake was in my city. This was crazy because Drake is a huge Superstar in NYC. He's like the Biggie of NYC except he's not from here.

Drake - Funkmaster Flex Freestyle [HOT 97]

[yt]9ZTFpsmhliY[/yt]

Not his best, but he still killed it.

Uploaded by me BTW.

Rell

Reaction score
That Wiz Khalifa mixtape has some bangers on it

Wiz Khalifa and Drake are probably the most complete artist, in a long time.

not necessarily saying they're GREAT lyrically, but as artist, they're the complete package. both of them have about 12 songs each, that can easily be billboard hits. theres a huge between artist, and rappers.

Dre

Reaction score
I'm about to start listening to Wiz Khalifa. Anybody can help me with posting some of his best tracks?

EDIT - Rell, right now I would only buy Drake and The Cool Kids albums when they come out. I'm very picky on buying albums because I would hate to buy something that I feel like I wasted my money on. Last albums I bought was Graduation & Curtis on the day it came out.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I'm about to start listening to Wiz Khalifa. Anybody can help me with posting some of his best tracks?
I got you on lock for that Dre...

Wiz Khalifa- Say Yeah:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7T1Y7KB

Wiz Khalifa- Make It Hot:http://www.mediafire.com/?5zzewj1ngy1

Wiz Khalifa- Stanky Legg Freestyle:www.zshare.net/audio/54427950e83b6885

Wiz Khalifa- Say You Will Freestyle:http://www.zshare.net/audio/54427950e83b6885

Wiz Khalifa- Boarding Pass:http://www.mediafire.com/?yt2jzzhdtmz

Wiz Khalifa- Gettin Up Freestyle:http://www.zshare.net/audio/5226916985844365

Wiz Khalifa- Youngin On His Grind:http://www.mediafire.com/?2dgb7ymd1tg

Wiz Khalifa- Starstruck (Remix):http://www.zshare.net/audio/58057839ce1d47b0

Wiz Khalifa- Turning Me On (Freestyle):http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5VSEMDGH

Wiz Khalifa- Young Khalifa (Freestyle):www.zshare.net/audio/551179219d1bb071

Wiz Khalifa- All My Life (Freestyle):www.mediafire.com/?rzxdmz1mqmr

Wiz Khalifa ft. Jody Breeze, Arok, and Lil' Wayne- Say Yeah (Remix):www.mediafire.com/?2ndf04z2tm2

FLIGHT SCHOOL MIXTAPE!!!!: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2KNB5D2V

straight_edge76

Ok, on what someone said about 1/2 way up the page. I have to say that i am hella glad that Em's album is coming up and he is back in the game. All the rappers that are considered lyrical with a few exceptions (Nas, T.I and Jay Z come to mind) really are going to be challenged lyrically. It's pretty sad that his new single, even though it's more of a fun track has a better flow then most of the rappers at there hardest (Lil Wayne is a prime example). I am looking forward to it and will actually PAY for it. haha

Dre

Reaction score
I just finish listening to Wiz Khalifa "Flight School" mixtape and all I can say is DOPE!!! The only bad thing I can say about this mixtape is the audotune. I hate that shit. But other then that, Wiz Khalifa is a dope rapper and he just gain himself another fan. Who knew Pittsburgh had a rapper who can spit.

BTW, saw this Freestyle that Wiz did. I like his flow.
[yt]FChL75GMP50[/yt]

Wordlife

The only albums I plan on purchasing WITH money and not downloading UNLESS they get leaked and put on here like 2-3 weeks before hand is Eminem "Relapse" and Tech N9ne Collabos "Sickology 101".. the only two rappers who deserve my money

straight_edge76

Yeah i'm gonna buy "Relapse" and "Sickology" I bought T.I's album recently. Very few rappers are actuallt worth paying for nowadays haha.

This track is hot IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW27N-Ks7W8

btw- how the hell do you post the actual videos and not just a link? All i get when I try the embed code it's just the code itself.

Wordlife

like this??

[yt]XW27N-Ks7W8[/yt]

Just copy EVERYTHING after the = in the link, and put them inbetween these brackets:

[yt]blahblahblah[/yt]

Thats how ya do it =D

Tha Notorious

That EM track was weak. That was on some The Eminem Show type shit. he can do better than that. Asher Roth even goes harder than him.