NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

dudes like Flocka and Gucci Mane serve their purpose.

I'm mostly a Nas, Mos Def, Blu etc. type dude myself, but I can't listen to conscious backpack rap all day. that shit would put me to sleep. you have to sprinke a little ignorant coon rap in there sometimes just to even it out lol...

shit like this

[YT]dr43sCjpKFg[/YT]

straight_edge76

Reaction score

My tastes are really all over the place. I listen to the 'mainstream' stuff, more underground stuff, some conscious stuff and just about everything else. For me, it just depends on my mood.

Waka Flocka is just atrocious lol, except No Hands. I like that song (Wale makes that song lol)

Reaction score

Easy to separate rap into woofer and non-woofer categories. I'm from the South, I love my Caprice Music and I also have very strong tastes of that Eastern influence.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

^Dope Sig.

I decided to bump Only Built 4 Cuban Linx for the first time in a LONG ASS TIME tonight. I fucking love that late 90s Mafioso type shit.

Rell

Reaction score

ain't nothin better than early 90's mafioso rap, homie....

[YT]zp5EOREHcuY[/YT]

"slangin' the coke without the cola"

Rell

Reaction score

[YT]HWg30WToHFo[/YT]

2exavqu.jpg

NinoBrown

Reaction score

I'll just comment on what as been said already.

Mac Miller - Goofy and you're lying to yourself if he's not riding Khalifa's coat tails. Then again, he's only 18.

Chiddy Bang - Still sucks in my eyes.

Odd Future - They can rap but their content sucks. Boo hoo 2dopeboyz won't showcase you're music, so you attack them? Childish.

Lil B - SWAG SWAG WOOP WOOP SWAG BASEGOD! Okay now that that's out of my system, Lil B is a horrible rapper. Sure he has two sides at times (songs with a celebrities name and some weird conscious rap) but he has the worst delivery I've ever heard. There's many albums that have been pushed through iTunes and have done fine, I'm Gay was just terrible marketing and lacking support from his fanbase. With all the youtube subscribers, facebook fans and twitter followers, you only sold 1600? Is your fanbase that poor or did they take you as you were, a joke?

J. Cole - Boring and lacking some real support when it comes to Cole World. I listened to Friday Night Lights for a week on and off and soon got bored of it. The talent is there but I find him boring.

Waka Flocka - In small doses. I don't throw him under the bus like every Youtube commentor on a 90's hip-hop video. There's a few songs I can listen to from him. This new one I heard bout a week ago, Hi Jackin Planes, shit knocks.

Mainstream rap - There's only three rappers people I know are listening to and they all appeared on I'm On One. Until Kanye or Jay-Z shows up (till I see a physical copy, Watch the Throne is "coming")

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

I'm Gay didn't have any of his celebrity-named songs. Plus Lil B has a habit of jacking Soulja Boy's beats (Dopeman Hunter was Soulja's Money in a Trash Bag and iCook was Soulja's Skinny smurfs Running Shit)

...god...

Reaction score

ain't nothin better than early 90's mafioso rap, homie....

[YT]zp5EOREHcuY[/YT]

"slangin' the coke without the cola"
that shit was amazing

Rell

Reaction score

shit you never heard that GOES

[yt]KuZ2QZKYj7c[/yt]

[yt]1bzoyVKZaL4[/yt]

^^^ I cant tell if this dudes being serious or not, but he has Method Man's flow and ODB's everything else..

straight_edge76

Reaction score

So me and my friends were having a discussion so I thought I would ask it here: what is the best decade for hip-hop. The 80s, 90s or the 00s?

I went with the 90s, which was really when the genre grew into what we know now. Now don't get me wrong, I love some 80s rap and 00's as well, but there is something about the 90s style and flow that I love. Wu Tang, Biggie, 2pac, Jay Z, Nas, early Eminem (he is a hybrid of 90s/00s however), the list goes on. Truely the golden age for hip-hop if you ask me. What about you guys?

Rell

Reaction score

Its pretty much universally understood that the 90's = Hip Hop's golden era

the only people who disagree are either very young or old as shit...

The Older heads usually run with the 80's because its more their time. KRS, Rakim, etc. 99-06 was pretty great too. People say rap went downhill, but I can name a bunch of legit Classics from that era.

Black on Both Sides
The Blueprint
Stillmatic
College Dropout
Late Registration
The Black Album
Be
Food & Liquor
The Fix
The Lost Tapes
Get Rich or Die Tryin
Marshall Matthers LP
Stankonia
Supreme Clientele
Lets Get Free
The Minstrel Show
The Listening
The Documentary
Hell Hath No Fury
Donuts (J. fuckin Dilla)

this is all off the top of my head

edit: can't forget southern classics like Tha Carter I & II, Thug Motivation 101, etc.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

I'll go with the 90s:

Illmatic
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Doe or Die
Reasonable Doubt
Ready to Die
All Eyes on Me
Makaveli Don Killuminati
Whut Thee Album
Judgement Day Tical 2000
Enter the 36 Chambers
Strictly Business
Its Dark and Hell is Hot
Paid In Full (I'm pretty sure this is early 90s)
Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous (OMG LOVE THAT SHIT)
Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik
E. 1999 Eternal
The Coming
Dead Serious
The Chronic
Doggystyle
The Predator

I can go on forever

Rell

Reaction score

musically, I don't even go below 85. that's like my cut off point.

I'll listen to a select few oldschool cats like Kool G Rap, Lord Finesse, Rakim, etc. but you wont catch me bumpin' no Kurtis Blow type shit.

all that Gradmaster Flash type shit...nahh, I'm good.

on another note, what's everyone's favorite Wu-Tang related album? I'm know I'm in the minority since my favorite isn't the cliche answer (Liquid Swords or OB4CL)

but...my favorite Wu affiliated album is............THE MUTHAFUCKIN PRETTY TONEY ALBUM

[YT]JqzwTUnF7eM[/YT]

"wasn't you the same clown uptown yappin? I keep Big Shirley on my side, so whats happenin?"