• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

This Te'o story is hilarious. I need to be apart of more stunts like that.

Last edited:

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

I have to say, if I was Te'o, and I got played for a sucker, and probably had my heart broken in the process...the first thing I would have done as soon as i'd found out is call a press conference saying "Yeah, I was gullible and got conned, but I just grew up fast. And all I can think about is finding the son of bitch responsible and making him pay. And I promise I will." At least then he could try to give a "don't cross this guy" aura and seem like he can be a leader to an NFL defense. Everyone either thinks he's a complete chump, or a sleazeball (which is where I fall for the record.). I get the feeling staying silent isn't helping his draft stock any.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I don't know what to think about it. On one hand, I can't believe Te'o just "dated" someone for that long without even the slightest reassurance she was legit. I know it would be hard to imagine this person was a complete liar about her entire existence, but most men would at least wonder if she at least looked the way she claimed to, and I'm guessing at one point "she" at least provided him with pictures at the very least. Did it never occur to him to link up a video chat or SOMETHING? He could have done it on Facebook, Skype, and a number of other ways. Or even better... actually visited her at least once before committing to a relationship to that degree.

On the other hand, whoever did this to him is completely sick and heartless individual who should probably be questioning their own existence.

It's a very messy situation resulting from idiocy on both sides of the coin. Unfortunately for Te'o, he has more to lose as NFL scouts will no doubt question many things about him including his judgement, mental stability, intelligence, as well as his lack of marketability now considering not many people will want to wear a Te'o jersey since this incident will be remembered for the rest of his career as a professional athlete and he's already become the biggest joke in the NFL before he's even drafted.

However, if there's one thing head coaches probably like about him now is that they know it won't take much to get him on board with whatever philosophy they're selling to their players. I just really hope for Te'o's sake that he doesn't get picked up by the Jets. That would be the absolute worst, worst, WORST thing that could possibly happen to the kid at this point. Hopefully a team with a good reputation picks him up (Patriots, Colts, Steelers, etc) and it curves people's perception of him as an athlete.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

I bet playoff teams are salivating over the chance that he might slip down to late in the first round... this situation combined with his poor performance in the BCS title game has certainly given teams a reason to question whether or not to use a high pick on him.... Personally, and I am a huge Irish fan, I don't see him as a game changing middle linebacker in the NFL anyway... he could be a beast of an Outside linebacker in a 3-4 system coming off the edge on blitzes and also being quick enough and having the ball skills to cover tight ends...

Reaction score

The timing of the whole thing seems a little fishy to me. If they were gonna portray a hoax on him they sure did pick a time when his popularity and visibility would be at it's peak to reveal she "died". Plus he had that really impressive showing in that one game just days after she died. And never once went to a funeral for her or said anything about wanting to go to it. I don't know what to believe anymore. About anything.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

The timing of the whole thing seems a little fishy to me. If they were gonna portray a hoax on him they sure did pick a time when his popularity and visibility would be at it's peak to reveal she "died". Plus he had that really impressive showing in that one game just days after she died. And never once went to a funeral for her or said anything about wanting to go to it. I don't know what to believe anymore. About anything.

He did say that she wanted him to play and that all she wanted him to do was send white roses, which he did..... as for the timing, the public "relationship" started on twitter in October of 2011 when Notre Dame was not good and he was having a very mediocre junior season... people claiming he did this for publicity and to help his Heisman campaign need to realize he was nowhere near any heisman conversation and Notre Dame was unranked when it all started...I won't go as far as to say he had nothing to do with it or had no knowledge of the hoax but the more I read, the more I think he was just really naive and the people who duped him went to unbelievable lengths to pull this off.... a teammate of his has now come out saying he also talked to her on the phone on several occasions and a UCLA player and friend of Te'o's has claimed the same.. not to mention the Arizona Cardinals player who claims to have met her in person and that he also knew her family (He is presumably another mark in the hoax before Te'o came into the picture)

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

yeah, there's lots of stuff out there to make ya think both ways.... If I fully take the "I believe Manti" side, I would argue that he might have been embarassed to say he was in a relationship with someone he never actually met so he said that they had met.... and as far as what his father said, I did read that they were supposed to meet several different times over the year and she would cancel last minute each time. So maybe Manti just never told his family that she didn't show, again being embarassed that he had yet to meet this girl that he had serious feelings for.... I know it's far fetched but what part of this whole story isn't... having a close friend who is Mormon, I know that they live their lives very differently especially when it comes to pre-marital relationships. They are more like exclusive friendships so when you take that into account it becomes more believable that a purely online and phone relationship could exist.... Again I am not willing to fully take Te'o's side in this but most of what I've read (and it's been A LOT) makes me lean that way

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Te'o did an off camera interview with ESPN's Jeremy Schapp last night... the transcript is on their website along with some audio clips... He is claiming pretty much what i suggested above... Schapp also said Te'o showed him private direct messages sent to Te'o from Ronaiah Tuiasosopo apologizing for the hoax.. I doubt this will end the suspicion for most people but at least he has now spoken and told his side of the story.... hopefully Tuiasosopo comes forward soon and tells his side

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Apparently the person that duped him for over a year finally has a name..... Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

ronaiah-tuiasosopo.jpg

^Te'o's girlfriend lol^

Oh, and here's the Facebook page of the church that he is affiliated with. https://www.facebook.com/OasisChristianChurchOfTheAntelopeValley Boy oh boy, what a lot of good those fuckers did for this sociopath.

And here's an old video of him performing for that church in the band:

[youtube]fep0DHApBBE[/youtube]

lolololololol

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

What a spectacular loss for Atlanta. Up 17-0... then loses 24-28. Yeah, there will definitely be coaches losing their jobs.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Oh Atlanta, you never fail to make me laugh. Wish I could have seen the whole CHOKE though, it was 24-21 ATL when I started watching.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I was blown away after Atlanta's first 3 drives. They held the Niners to -4 offensive yards through the whole first quarter.... then something happened....