Next challenger for the IC title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ezekiel is the Intercontinental champion and the previous champion Wade Barrett has had his rematch and moved on from that feud. He has had a match against Rhodes and one against DiBiase but there is no clear feud.

Who would you choose as the next challenger to Zeke's IC title?

Cody Rhodes? Ted DiBiase? Jinder Mahal? Justin Gabriel? ?????

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely go for Rhodes. He has to win gold soon to keep himself relevant. I don't want DiBiase killing his slow ME push.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Christian, Henry and Barrett all ahead of him as heels on Smackdown I think that it would be best for Rhodes if he starts a feud with Zeke for the title. Have him lose his first title shot and then have him take the title on PPV. Have him rub it in the face of DiBiase that he is champion and turn DiBiase face in the process.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Would go with Rhodes too, because he is not yet ready for the main event, to win the IC Title would be a good thing to keep him busy and keep the push going. Also he could carry things on the mic in the feud with Jackson, and because of Zeke's big rough look, there could be some very entertaining segments where Rhodes mocks him, and comments on how he looks like what a champion is supposed to look like.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Not to sound bias to one great poster, but seriously Troy why don't you go work for creative because that sounds perfect. The Rhodes push is going slowly and all signs are headed towards a feud with DiBiase. For Rhodes to start showing he's better than him with gold will lead to their feud. Rhodes would be perfect and it looks it could happen mainly because Ted lost to Big Zeke for an IC match and Rhodes beat him in a tag match that I ironically watched in German in Croatia. Jinder Mahal is brutal, forget him. Rhodes would be a great pick for the feud and he is pretty athletic to work with Jackson who can't do much.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Be very surprised when I say this...

Ted DiBiase Jr.

He's been working a lot of house shows against Ezekiel and lots of people have said Ezekiel is using more moves and works better with DiBiase here, I'd pick DiBiase.

wwestephen33

Reaction score
Definitely Cody Rhodes Hes Way Overdue for a title shot this time its his chance now

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It seems highly likely that Rhodes will be next in line for a title shot. They have had Rhodes face Ezekiel on Smackdown this week and I am sure it will lead to something in the coming weeks, possibly a match at SummerSlam for the title.

Seak

Reaction score
It completely looks like it'll be Rhodes, but is it really a good idea? This is going to be Jacksons first feud since winning the title. Barrett only had one real feud after winning the title, and it's when he eventually dropped the title to Jackson. Now Jackson wins it, and he instantly goes into a feud with Rhodes. Imo neither men can afford to be on the losing end of the feud.

Jackson has been jobbed out since winning the title. He has been pinned clean more since winning the title than his entire run on Smackdown before winning the belt. Taking the title off of him during his first feud would do nothing more than make him look horrible. Meanwhile Rhodes is on the verge of being a huge heel for the brand. His gimmick is getting over more and more each week and he's really finding his niche. Having him lose this big mid card feud would really hurt all the build they've been giving him. It's a lose, lose feud I think.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good points Seak, I hadn't thought about it that way. You are right that if this feud occurs it is a must win feud for both wrestlers. Rhodes needs something to get him to the mainevent and Zeke needs something to make him a strong face. Tough way to play it and maybe the only way to do it is if DiBiase is involved to either help Rhodes win so that Zeke doesn't look bad or screws Rhodes over so Rhodes doesn't look bad.

Seak

Reaction score
Good points Seak, I hadn't thought about it that way. You are right that if this feud occurs it is a must win feud for both wrestlers. Rhodes needs something to get him to the mainevent and Zeke needs something to make him a strong face. Tough way to play it and maybe the only way to do it is if DiBiase is involved to either help Rhodes win so that Zeke doesn't look bad or screws Rhodes over so Rhodes doesn't look bad.

I actually started thinking about it and the best end I see to this possible feud is DiBiase turning on Rhodes during the angle costing Rhodes to lose. Ted could turn face and go on to feud with a heel Rhodes, who would lose no credibility since the loss would involve someone turning on him, and Zeke would get the rub of beating Rhodes.