New York. New Rules. Scream VI Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Town down isn't good but ultimately glad shake-maths prevailed. Wouldn't calamitise it and eyebrows raised on a couple who are.
So I'm to interpret you as thinking the John McHenry vote with 2 mins to go doesn't make him scum? Just making sure we're on the same page, I've interpreted things wrong before

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
hasty af on account of having quiz at eight but reads in random order:

jango - mess
omb - hot dead town mess
man - main scum lean right now. obviously just day one hypothesising and hopefully we'll be able to go in a more informed direction tomorrow. reasons already stated throughout the day.
grim - mainly town lean. sort of see where man's coming from re omb shift of focus but think it's better to have that lynch than no lynch ultimately. feel okay about him.
sully - felt good about sully in opening part of day one (sounds ridiculous but it was so long), didn't love the flip flop on omb late in the day which didn't seem to make much sense. surely better to stay the course at that point. will say null for now.
tommy - haven't played much with tommy, don't know if his sort of overly formal posting style is how he plays normally. think his posts seem carefully constructed but could see that as town just fine. definitely feel a little off about him. not going to criticise anyone for voting omb too strongly as i'd probably have voted for him had i been on (and not had the time to fully argue for man), but didn't love the aw shucks that's not good after death post. mostly null i guess with slight subtle concern.
sky - strange font colour post, admission of strangeness which feels additionally strange. has seemed somewhat agreeable with me despite slight concerns on my part. null i think? slight town lean maybe.
gip - subtle nuances of scum. 'fuck it' reminded me of several goat sully scum plays which has me 4Ding him and sully constructing it and then 5Ding gip framing sully as false scum buddy like that. crackpot maybe. didn't like his long post much tbh. seemed uncharacteristic but i don't remember too well with this brain.
john - miss jon :( no real read. he seemed to come on with poor timing. null for now but will need more on day two.
lethal - tbh initial immediate first thought was clouded by confrontational posting style (which apparently is watered down soooo) but once past that agreed with most of what they said. town lean or clever scum.
wang - planted early scum read on wang partially to play into old wang is always scum joke and partly to see what he and others would respond with. noted jango's piggy backing as result. wang usually posts in solid bursts. haven't felt too bad about what he's posted so far. seems sincere readings of the game for the most part.
blaine - meh who knows

will be back in a couple hours

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
but didn't love the aw shucks that's not good after death post.
Can I ask where I took this approach after OMB's death? My first comment after his death was a conversation with Grim about McHenry's questionable vote time. In fact, I don't think I said anything about OMB's flip.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
For my WC friends it would be reminiscent of Sayer vs Sully

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Thank you for explaining
I think the majority of your posts are more of a commentary and reacting to things that are happening around you as opposed to actually trying to solve and find mafia.

You’ve done a couple of posts that aren’t like that, of course, but I think you’re hanging back a bit.
I mean that’s how I normally am in fairness, I don’t see how that’s majorly different whether I’m town or mafia. I normally hang back and let the big voices get angry at each other while I chill and try to figure stuff out and get as much stuff as I can.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Also I was gonna post this before but got sidetracked by babysitting for my niece and nephews. Here’s the times for all the day 1 votes like I did last game.

Day starts at 9:21am (my time so GMT)

Sky votes Blaine at 4:13pm
Juice votes Grim at 6:10pm
Grim votes Man at 7:18pm
Juice unvotes Grim at 10pm
Sky unvotes Blaine at 1:20am
Juice votes Wang at 2:08pm
Lethal votes Juice at 4:02pm
Juice unvotes Wang at 5:27pm

Vote Count:

Man (1) - Grim
Juice (1) - Lethal

SS votes Man at 10:55pm

Sky votes Man at 2:02am
Juice votes Grim at 2:30am

OMB votes Man at 4:09am
Sully votes OMB at 4:20am
Grim unvotes Man and votes OMB at 4:31am
Tommy votes OMB at 4:36am

Vote Count:

Man (3) - SS, Sky, OMB
Juice (1) - Lethal
Grim (1) - Juice
OMB (3) - Sully, Grim, Tommy

Man votes Grim at 8:05am
Sully unvotes OMB at 1:31pm

Gip votes OMB at 2:16pm
Sully votes OMB at 2:44pm
Juice unvotes Grim and votes Lethal at 2:50pm
Wang votes OMB at 2:58pm

Juice unvotes Lethal and votes OMB at 3:17pm
McHenry votes (unbold) OMB at 3:20pm
Game ends at 3:21pm
McHenry votes (bold) OMB at 3:23pm

Vote Count:
Man (3) - SS, Sky, OMB,
Juice (1) - Lethal
Grim (1) - Man
OMB (7) - Grim, Tommy, Gip, Sully, Wang, Juice, McHenry

Ultra

Reaction score
Repping out, hit a bad stroke of motivation loss.

Love you guys, have a great game

Pathetic! Luckily this puny little slot has evolved into a Town Terminator. Your reckoning has begun, scum.

Ultra

Reaction score
Clarification - there's night chat and we're still in Night 1, correct?

Reactions: The Gipper

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
So I'm to interpret you as thinking the John McHenry vote with 2 mins to go doesn't make him scum? Just making sure we're on the same page, I've interpreted things wrong before
of course it doesn't necessarily mean that. pretty narrow minded to think it absolutely makes him scum?

Ultra

Reaction score
I'll do catch up in piecemeal, up to page 10 right now

Also can I just say how I dislike the town colour, it blends into the background because I'm on dark mode

Had to squint at my PM to work out what I actually was

I like this post, mafia *can* technically fake such things on paper, but it's oddly specific in a way they usually don't go for. When mafia try to clear themselves, they tend to shoot for execution.

I completely disagree. I believe theme spec can be a positive in very certain situations, are those situations almost too specific? Yeah, why I wouldn’t go as far to call it an advantage but you can expect anything in these games. It’s better to at-least put a note on it for now to be taken off guard with a character reveal when it’s like “Oh of course that character would have that power.”

it’s nothing to lynch over obviously but it’s atleast something there. We gotta use everything we can as town, that is included. Also it’s not like this was the main reason why I asked, like Man mentioned it was literally just to get people to start talking and behold it’s worked.

I like this post as well, Dom goes out of his way to double down on his perspective and picks up the gauntlet showing consideration in his thought process. Full disclosure, don't know the flavor, don't care about flavor spec, but the way this is asserted feels townie.

Exactly my point. But you did say in your post you saw it in your PM, and the fact that you felt the need to add that part in again felt like a cheap way to try and say you're town.

Just pointing it out is all to look at later if sus-ness seems to follow you. I'm not voting for you yet or anything.

Didn't quite care for this post at a glance because opposite conclusion and a bit hedgy, but it's also aggressive and straight to the point.

I don't think much of that conversation was alignment-indicative, truth being told. As other said, it just seemed like people were having different opinions on the game mechanics and what would or wouldn't be within the rules as stated in the PM. Was useful to have some clarification from Smark.

Was anyone really rounding on Juice and starting to get the wheels turning on a lynch? I wouldn't say that was the case at all, and I don't think a difference in opinion on the flavour spec discussion would have really been enough to get that lynch anywhere anyway. Therefore, Sky jumping to Juice's defence like that when there was no real danger was a bit odd to me. However, again, if Sky feels like Juice is unfairly ganged up on and yeeted early for little reason, I get why. I don't think that was the case here at all, though.

On Grim leading town and those discussion points, I'd expect Grim to be a loud voice regardless of alignment. I don't think him being one of the more active players in the early stages says anything. I'm more interested in what his posts say as opposed to how many of them there are.

@Bobby Barrows whilst I've said above that I think the discussion thus far has been mainly centred around game mechanics, has any of it given you any early reads?

I think this post says a lot but does very little, Mando kind of sidelines the entire discussion and doesn't end up with any strong positions, feels like a lot of this is saying stuff to say stuff.

I'm more likely thinking that Gip is a town lean off this exchange. While I don't care much for his candor, I do think that his relative lack of paying attention to the main page and not really caring otherwise sounds like Town Gip to me. Town Gip really doesn't give a fuck about a lot.

Scum Gip is way more careful about how he presents himself.

Bizarre interpretation because he's clearly been following the discussion and also that post seems fairly tailored

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
Can I ask where I took this approach after OMB's death? My first comment after his death was a conversation with Grim about McHenry's questionable vote time. In fact, I don't think I said anything about OMB's flip.

My b. I mistook your starting sentence as a response to Grim's first sentence instead of his second.

Reactions: Tommy Bedlam
Status
Not open for further replies.