New World Champion! 03/03/11 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Nation, the final promo played to the first, obviously shot at the same time...

...but regardless, the entire "Please be Sting" hype about the vignettes was based solely on the fact that fans wanted to see him in WWE, not over on TNA again. People wanted something fresh, with a potential match between the two most grim gimmicks of the last 20 years in mainstream American professional wrestling. That's it. It was FAN HYPE wanting to see Sting in WWE.

All TNA did was say, "we know you wanted to see Sting in these vignettes", which isn't true. The only reason to steal the vignette is for that. The only reason anybody can say it was a shot at WWE is if they insist WWE made the same mistake they exploited TNA of making only a month prior with "they" and the Rumble. But please, PLEASE believe Vince is so screwed up in the head that he would put one of the biggest vignettes of the past 4 years on such a high pedestal and not have anyone mention it on-air for a guy who wasn't even signed when he KNEW he exploited TNA for that just 4 weeks prior.

Was it going to make people talk? Of course. TNA has been doing that... the only problem is people talk about the wrong things in the wrong context with no factual basis to any of it.

Airfixx

Reaction score
The hype for Sting coming to the E was HUGE, again I'm not saying and I can guarantee this won't do big things for TNA but for the short term deal, it's a smart move.

:yaawn: Quantify this "huge" hype you insist on citing or STFU, tbh.

I don't recall, I just remember reading they made a record on Thursday's.

Lack of fact means your citing the ratings is worthless.

Well, yeah this is a good case of where being taped might be a good thing as everyone became aware that Sting was on the show, I tuned in myself to see it after avoiding Impact for awhile. Of course, live is still the way to go and certainly out on the road.

Lovely thoughts, but irrelevant to any of your arguments.

The imagery during the first few promos was far more representative of Sting, almost always for Taker promos you will see graveyards, fire, tombstones, caskets, lightning, etc. Rain and thunder are much more the type of themes for Sting and really come on, take a look at the StarrCade 97 promo and then watch the first promo aired for Taker's return........

Stop ignoring what I've actually written or stop trying to debate this. This is the third time of me saying this: "ALL of that imagery had already been used for Taker at one point or another over the years"

"Rain and thunder are much more the type of themes for Sting"

....Seen much lightning WITHOUT rain or thunder? LOL... You're becoming laughable at this point.

Look at the hype Sting had for coming to the WWE

I've never seen a Sting promo in WWE. Care to post a link?

kind of a backlash now considering how many people were Sting coming and now that he is with the other company.

So what evidence is there of this backlash you speak of? ...Have WWE's ratings significantly dropped or sumthin'? Sounds like more idle specilation on your part.

They should have definitely used more imagery that is typical of the Undertaker IMO, to prevent so many people from thinking it was Sting.

LOL

....Awww, you're just sore that you were one of those that told themselves it was Sting and are now dissapointed.

Anyway, bottom line is that as o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l-l-y stated Sting being signed to WWE would have been a big deal. Sting re-signing with a company he's spent the last 7 years in is NOT. You moaning about those nasty, disceptive, misleading types at WWE HQ doesn't change any part of that.... WHAT-SO-F'kin-EVER!!!

1chiban

Reaction score
To be fair, as soon as they had the 'Ain't No Grave' song during the second week of the promos people should've twigged that it was 'Taker.

nation

Reaction score
:yaawn: Quantify this "huge" hype you insist on citing or STFU, tbh.

I don't need too, not my fault you don't go on the net, if you looked at shit on youtube relating to this or any wrestling forum really, you would see there was tremendous hype for Sting coming to the WWE.

Lack of fact means your citing the ratings is worthless.

Go look it up, it is a fact. I don't give a fuck if you take my word or not, it's not like I'm pro TNA or anything, go look it up on Gerweck.net, I don't care too, just something I read while it was current news.

Lovely thoughts, but irrelevant to any of your arguments.

I'm not arguing anything, the imagery first presented in the first two or three promos is more representative of Sting, fuck go watch the StarrCade 97 Promo with Sting and then watch the first two promos hyping Taker's return.

Stop ignoring what I've actually written or stop trying to debate this. This is the third time of me saying this: "ALL of that imagery had already been used for Taker at one point or another over the years"

"Rain and thunder are much more the type of themes for Sting"

....Seen much lightning WITHOUT rain or thunder? LOL... You're becoming laughable at this point.

There was no lightning and lightning is more represented with Taker considering his "powers", while thunder and rain have always been common themes of Sting during his days as the "Crow Sting". Yes, this imagery can be presented as Taker, but during the first few promos it was better presented as Sting as Taker has different themes that are common to him, drones, lightning, fire, graves, tombstones, etc, for years now the WWE has been using all that stuff to hype of Taker. They definitely wanted to tease Sting.

I've never seen a Sting promo in WWE. Care to post a link?

What? I was referring to his hype for his potential debut in the WWE. Obviously it didn't happen, but the hype the promos created for Sting potentially coming to the WWE at the time.

So what evidence is there of this backlash you speak of? ...Have WWE's ratings significantly dropped or sumthin'? Sounds like more idle specilation on your part.

Did I ever mention backlash in terms of ratings? Just some raging fans who figured it was Sting and are now bitching about it not being Sting. Seen quite a lot of bitching on youtube about it, but no by no means will be backlash of any impact really.

LOL

....Awww, you're just sore that you were one of those that told themselves it was Sting and are now dissapointed.

Of course I wish it was him, it beats seeing a fucking rematch at WM 27 that not many people care about, everybody wants Sting vs. Taker, don't even attempt to argue they would rather see Taker vs. HHH II because I will not argue with such stupidity. Could care less about the match between Trips and Taker, it's already been done and it completely buried Sheamus and Kane in the process by ignoring previous programs. Love how Taker hasn't done shit or mentioned anything about how Kane and the old Nexus burying him. I would rather see Undertaker vs Kane III, tbh.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I didn't think it was Sting, thus am not dissapointed. Furthermore, I have never been a Sting fan so don't feel any sense of 'loss'.

Anything else... Said all I need to say. You don't get it. ---->