• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

btman

Reaction score
Well I thought Impact last night was pretty damn good. Mainly because the set up they had was so much better than a normal Impact, the entrances and stage looked awesome, the crowd was loud and much more excited than a regular show. The matches were all kept short because they were definitely trying to do too much, I'd have to say everything that happened with Kurt Angle should have been cut since it was probably the worst part of Impact besides Jersey Shore person trying to act tough. They really needed to do two weddings? Could have had Anderson or RVD or AJ Styles in a match.

Fire Gunner and Murphy already! Hell after we hear "TNA is pushing younger talent" and then we see Steiner job Rob Terry... Well fire Rob Terry too.

Stings return was nice. I didn't mind them copying WWE's promo, because everyone who thought "STING" in WWE's Promo, and was disappointed, if they turned the channel and saw that video on impact it was clearly making fun of it because they signed Sting and the largest wrestling entertainment company couldn't. There are so many people that are 'owed' World Title rematches now its slightly ridiculous, TNA needs an elimination chamber. Now hopefully Sting gets rid of that damn purple belt next week!

Airfixx

Reaction score
Nah, that whole Sting promo business was tacky and sad....

Sting signing with WWE for a short run and a Mania retirement would be epic news.... Sting re-siging with the train-wreck that is TNA is no big deal.

(...And no I'm not pissed about how the promo panned out in WWE.... I saw no reason not to think it was Taker from the start.)

nation

Reaction score
Nah, that whole Sting promo business was tacky and sad....

Sting signing with WWE for a short run and a Mania retirement would be epic news.... Sting re-siging with the train-wreck that is TNA is no big deal.

(...And no I'm not pissed about how the promo panned out in WWE.... I saw no reason not to think it was Taker from the start.)

Bullshit, "no big deal" my ass, there has been huge hype for Sting coming to the WWE and TNA banked on that buzz. Love or hate TNA, you can't deny it's a smart move to bring in Sting when he has so much hype around him coming to the E. Now, I'm not saying this will be huge for TNA or I'm happy about it, quite the opposite. I was so hyped for Sting to debut in the WWE and to finally see Sting vs. Taker and the return of Crow Sting but it's a smart move by TNA, wish Sting went to the E but oh well.

fuzzy

Reaction score
The one thing that I can't figure out is, why are they not giving the wrestlers that should have a rematch and they bring Sting back and give him the title? and what is happening wiwth the x-divison? they're trying to do a lot of things at once but are doing a bad job at it, so many if not everything they're doing is left unanswered?

Airfixx

Reaction score
Bullshit, "no big deal" my ass, there has been huge hype for Sting coming to the WWE and TNA banked on that buzz. Love or hate TNA, you can't deny it's a smart move to bring in Sting when he has so much hype around him coming to the E. Now, I'm not saying this will be huge for TNA or I'm happy about it, quite the opposite. I was so hyped for Sting to debut in the WWE and to finally see Sting vs. Taker and the return of Crow Sting but it's a smart move by TNA, wish Sting went to the E but oh well.

"Bullshit"? ...You make it sound like Sting was set to debut for WWE only for TNA to snatch him from underneath their nose.

The reality is most likely that Sting was never even close to signing with WWE and the internet simply read too much into a video that was BLATANTLY Undertaker from the start (That shed, the rain, the music; it had all been used before over the years).

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
TNA are attacking the fans with the promo...not WWE. I doubt WWE ever had interest in Sting to start with and TNA management are just coming off like assholes. They are in such bad shape that Sting returns and wins the title on the same night over a group of guys in the main event that have (depending on how you look at it) been working their asses off. All of you TNA fanboys don't realize that Vince and all of WWE want TNA to succeed for competiton. Plus Sting/Taker seems like a terrible idea to me (like the "WWE Universe" knows or gives a damn about Sting to begin with).

ahorrig

Reaction score
I have to admit, the way sting came out was perfect. The 3.3.11 was up on the screen burning before we saw green lightning. Then it changed to stings titantron. The crowd went berserk. I just wanted to say that it was done perfectly.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Now you have RVD with his way overdue rematch for the title which he never lost.
You noow have Jeff Hardy with a rematch for the title which he lost to Sting.
and Anderson having a rematch for the title for over a month now.
You have an X-division title that no one in the company cares about but the fans.

so i'm left knowing that one way or another, TNA is gonna turn into Jersey Shore V2...
speaking of JS, isn't wwe still PG? why are they bringing in that girl from jersey shore to RAW?
Niether tna or wwe need these people on their shows.

nation

Reaction score
"Bullshit"? ...You make it sound like Sting was set to debut for WWE only for TNA to snatch him from underneath their nose.

The reality is most likely that Sting was never even close to signing with WWE and the internet simply read too much into a video that was BLATANTLY Undertaker from the start (That shed, the rain, the music; it had all been used before over the years).

No, you just made it seem like it's nothing when it's not, they did steal away the buzz which is a smart move. I believe they did break the ratings record for Impact on Thursday but as always TNA will fail to follow up. The first video was clearly a play on the StarrCade 97 promo that Sting had, the WWE did tease Sting but when that Johnny Cash song played and really like the last three promos were obviously The Undertaker. The WWE has definitely been interested in Sting and Vince himself has been trying to get him for years, but I doubt as well Sting was close to signing. Really wish it happened though, sigh.

Airfixx

Reaction score
No, you just made it seem like it's nothing when it's not, they did steal away the buzz which is a smart move.

The buzz in the grand scheme of things was insignificant though.... It's not even like all the net-fans bought into it.

I believe they did break the ratings record for Impact on Thursday

With, what an extra .1 or .05? ... The whle thing was spoiled 2 weeks prior on-line (thanks to it all being pre-taped) so why wouldn't a few extra wrestling fans tune injust to see how it panned out?

The first video was clearly a play on the StarrCade 97 promo that Sting had

Tell me why is it "clearly" a play on a Sting promo when, as I've already pointed out, ALL of that imagery had already been used for Taker at one point or another over the years?

the WWE did tease Sting

You've only got your perception of this to count on... You can't KNOW this as a fact.

Reaction score
You guys are putting too much stock into this. The bottom line was it was another typical TNA move to try and thumb their noses at the WWE but the only ones who cared are the TNA office and the TNA fanboys. What's a big coup about re-signing a guy that's been with the company for 7 years already? There are no substantial reports to confirm nor deny a Sting-WWE relationship and I doubt this affects the ratings in the long run and even in the short term. There's a major difference between seeing Sting in the WWF for the first time ever, and seeing him where he's been for the past 7 years, a program that is largely ignored by the average mainsteam wrestling fan.

fuzzy

Reaction score
IMO, niether undertaker or sting is gonna be the hyped match makers they were back in the 90's, i like the taker vs triple h seems ok but still a bit flat to be hyped as mujch as it was prior to with the return promos. Same for TNA, sting returns and what do they do? nothing to really clearify a real champion? But i give credit to wwe, they brought back taker and HHH with only one return promo.

nation

Reaction score
The buzz in the grand scheme of things was insignificant though.... It's not even like all the net-fans bought into it.

The hype for Sting coming to the E was HUGE, again I'm not saying and I can guarantee this won't do big things for TNA but for the short term deal, it's a smart move.

With, what an extra .1 or .05? ... The whle thing was spoiled 2 weeks prior on-line (thanks to it all being pre-taped) so why wouldn't a few extra wrestling fans tune injust to see how it panned out?

I don't recall, I just remember reading they made a record on Thursday's. Well, yeah this is a good case of where being taped might be a good thing as everyone became aware that Sting was on the show, I tuned in myself to see it after avoiding Impact for awhile. Of course, live is still the way to go and certainly out on the road.

Tell me why is it "clearly" a play on a Sting promo when, as I've already pointed out, ALL of that imagery had already been used for Taker at one point or another over the years?

The imagery during the first few promos was far more representative of Sting, almost always for Taker promos you will see graveyards, fire, tombstones, caskets, lightning, etc. Rain and thunder are much more the type of themes for Sting and really come on, take a look at the StarrCade 97 promo and then watch the first promo aired for Taker's return........[/QUOTE]

You've only got your perception of this to count on... You can't KNOW this as a fact.

Look at the hype Sting had for coming to the WWE and look at the similarity for the first few promos and the StarrCade 97 promo, they teased Sting. Considering how much hype it brought, it was a pretty smart thing but kind of a backlash now considering how many people were Sting coming and now that he is with the other company. They should have definitely used more imagery that is typical of the Undertaker IMO, to prevent so many people from thinking it was Sting.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
They should have definitely used more imagery that is typical of the Undertaker IMO, to prevent so many people from thinking it was Sting.

Even if you were confused by the imagery, the song should've gave it away as well. "There ain't no grave that can hold my body down." How can you relate that to Sting and not Undertaker?

nation

Reaction score
Even if you were confused by the imagery, the song should've gave it away as well. "There ain't no grave that can hold my body down." How can you relate that to Sting and not Undertaker?

Notice how I mentioned specifically the first few promos? No, well no shit it gave it away, hence why I said the first two or three promos showed imagery better represented as Sting.