New Sets For RAW & ECW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Source - PWInsider

-- There is talking going around backstage WWE about making new sets for RAW and ECW to go along with the official High Definition launch at the end of the month. WWE ran their first broadcast using the upgraded HD production truck at this past Monday’s RAW. They are also ready to being broadcasting in 5.1 surround sound when needed. Until then they will continue to broadcast their audio in stereo.

Enigma22

Reaction score
it will be a nice change i think... what about smackdown?

Vandy316

Reaction score
thats exactly what i was wondering, they've had that same setup the whole time theyve been around except the first few years and Raw got a new one when they jumped to USA and ECW just got a new one last year

MJ807

Reaction score
The SD! one is bad ass though and thats why I think they haven't changed it ECW it just regular and needs a change the same as Raw.

This Guy

Smackdown has been the same for quite some time, it could use a tweek but I wouldn't change it too much. ECW's is bland and boring. They need something more flashy :) As for Raw they have actually had the same set since early 2002. And truthfully with the exception of some minor tweeks over the years the set really hasn't changed that much at all since they moved out of the manhatten center style set up to the big arena shows. Raw needs a change.

MrKennedyMark

Reaction score
A new look would be good. Needs some spicing up. SmackDown needs a new set as well, I just hope they don't neglect SD in that area.

This Guy

yeah i read on the law web site all three shows are getting new sets.

xImpulsive

Reaction score
Details On WWE HD, No More TitanTron/SD! Fist, More

Mike Grossman, WWE's Senior Vice President for Television Operations, will be watching every moment of WWE’s week-long debut in high-definition with anticipation �" and some nervousness. Those new HD cameras cost a pretty penny, and if, say, WWE Champion Randy Orton grabs one to clock Jeff Hardy with a high-def cranium shot, Grossman might just grit his teeth a little as the high-tech device gets swung.

“That could be a problem,†Grossman replied with a cautious chuckle. “Let’s hope not.â€

WWE’s switch to HD required a complete renovation of WWE's production equipment, from the cameras and microphones at ringside to the production truck parked out back. It also necessitated re-creating WWE's production processes from the standard-definition age.

"We went from doing the show the same way for a number of years, in the same truck, to having to reinvent everything," said Duncan Leslie, WWE Vice-President, Technical Events Operations. "All the infrastructure had to change. It's sort of like going from black & white to color."

Such a radical transformation meant not only new HD video cameras, but more powerful and colorful lighting elements. The result? A view of WWE that, until now, you could only get live in the arena, in a front-row seat �" a view that has technical crews extremely aware of the tiniest elements.

"There's nowhere to hide," Leslie explained. "Every T-shirt in the audience can be read. Every bead of sweat, every scratch on the canvas is seen. What you see through the HD lens, you'd see with your eyes live."

The crowning jewels of the high-definition renovation are two new state-of-the-art production trucks. WWE worked with NEP Supershooters of Pittsburgh, Pa., to design and build the trucks that replaced the standard-definition vehicle, and will lease a custom truck designed for HD transmission.

Leslie said the new trucks feature miles of cable and more than 100,000 buttons, as well as a massive monitor wall to display the numerous camera feeds. "We're a sporting event, we're a concert†he said. “What we make these trucks do is totally unique [in the industry]."

"Reset" for the set and more

Say goodbye to the iconic Raw TitanTron, as well as the SmackDown fist and mirrors. They’ve seen their last television tapings.

To take full advantage of the high-definition platform, a radically redesigned entrance set will be shared by all three of WWE's signature shows. Exact details regarding the set will remain top-secret until Raw’s is unveiled Monday night. However, a shoot in Florida last November brought all the Superstars together to record the new show openings in HD. Additionally, new intros and graphics for Raw, SmackDown, ECW and pay-per-view events are rumored to feature some 3-D elements.

"There will be several video elements that will be pretty slick,†Grossman asserted. "It will be a whole new show. It's going to be spectacular."

After the show, then...

Another reason to make the leap to WWE HD, notes Duncan Leslie, is post-broadcast potential.

"What we do today, we also use tomorrow," he explained. "We want to be able to repurpose these events that we produce and tape. Going forward, it's going to be an HD world, so we should have HD content that we can make DVDs out of, and use this material for the future."

According to Mike Grossman, WWE has yet to decide whether to distribute its high-definition pay-per-view events on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray format discs. Either way, the shift to HD programming will open the eyes of our fans worldwide.

“The move to high-definition programming is another step in WWE’s ongoing mission to provide our fans with the most engaging, exciting product possible," Grossman said. “This upgrade will be the first of many technological advances for our brand in 2008.â€

Source: Wrestlezone

chessarmy

damn, I'm more interested in how the HD and the sets will look rather than the actual show lol.

Evil Austin

Damn. There goes the fist. Mae young's baby rofl that story line was really #$^&#$ up and was strange. but oh well, i wounder what the smackdown will look like now.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I'm going to miss the giant fist, it was awesome lol. I'm very excited to see this new set, if I read that correctly though I think that the set will be the same for all 3 shows now so I'll be curious to see what it looks like.

chessarmy

^ meh, I think the Giant fist was getting boring..I'm sure the new sets will look better than the old ones though