New PPV Theme **CONFIRMED**

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
-- WWE has changed the Armageddon pay-per-view on 12/13 in San Antonio, Texas to a TLC-themed event. Ticketmaster.com has the show listed as the following:

WWE World Wrestling Entertainment
- TLC: Tables, Latter & Chairs

Presumably, they mean "Tables, Ladders & Chairs."

Meh

xtremebadass

God forbid CM Punk is in another TLC I will throw up, Jeff won't be in there to save him.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
forbid punk can actually wrestle and doesnt need to rely on spots or jumps to make him look good. theres nothing wrong with a tlc being an actual decent wrestling match with only one or two spots in the match.

Klide

WWE is just throwing up TLC's arent they. Gimmick matches are good and all but once u repeat and repeat and repeat it gets stale and all. BTW whats up with all these Gimmick PPV's also

Nation

Do they not want profit? A gimmick PPV will not make anywhere near as much money as an established PPV. Vince is probably a crack head. Way to hurt your buisness.

noumenon

^Are you kidding me... you don't think people would rather order Armageddon just because its been around for a while rather than see the almost guaranteed spot fest of a TLC themed PPV? Most casual wrestling fans and kids who goad their parents into ordering them PPV's don't give a shit about the prestige of a PPV's name...they want to see cool matches.

This Guy

I get it from a ppv buy rate stand point, but this is getting just stupid. TNA used to be the gimmick match kings. And it was bad. People stopped caring and in the end didn't help, and made the match less special. I mean to me a cage match in TNA is not a big deal when they have a PPV where every match is one. There needs to be more balance. The things that make these gimmick matches special is there rarity. If they are limited to this ppv, for example TLC matches only on TLC PPV then it won't be too bad, but if we still get them on other PPV's as well, its going to get pretty unimportant.

xtremebadass

I am fine with Lockdown, TNA invented the gimmick match PPV. Lockdown was new, it was a fresh idea which is probably why it still doesn't bother me until today. Even with King of the Mountain at Slammiversary, atleast it means something. It celebrates TNA's anniversary with their uber match. The match itself has history by being on the card at the anniversary show.

However, WWE has no reasoning behind these themed PPV's. They are just there. There is no need for rivalries because it's too predictable. If they have a good rivalry going, you'll just be like..."Oh, that's going to end in HIAC @ HIAC." There is no suspense or curiousity to their rivalries on top of their rivalries being stale and boring already. This is getting pretty lame.

noumenon

^Actually I think WCW beat them to the punch...War Games...triple cage match anyone?

I'm still failing to see what is so bad about this. People complain about the match quality and how dull things are in WWE lately...so why not liven it up with a PPV consisting of entirely brutal matches. Did anyone complain that Hardcore got old when every match in ECW was that way? No.
The last TLC match was in August at Summerslam...this is going to be in December, four months later. That seems like plenty of time between gimmick matches to me.

Hometown Kid

A good idea I think would be to scrap Armageddon/TLC entirely and move Survivor Series to December since they've killed that concept, also movin Night of Champions to November as a "Big 4" PPV to be more special if booked right. (Not holding my breath there.)

As far as TLC staying goes...it seems like they're trying to go back to the simpler "In Your House" name days. Not good if they're going back to that time period's style.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Didn't they already get done with Edge Vs. Jeff Hardy in a TLC 3 months ago? And Jeff Hardy Vs. CM Punk like, 2 weeks ago?

I guess WWE is going to have a TLC match every 3 months then. And here I thought WWE at LEAST gave us 7 months before we were supposed to forget everything that happened in the past.

Reaction score
This sucks. I live in San Anto and had planned on going to Armageddon but now that's in the air. I think having like two gimmicky PPVs are enough, but after breaking point I think it's just stupid. You can keep the names of No Mercy and Armageddon, just let it be known that there will be TLC and HIAC mainevents, just like No Way Out is the EC ppv. No sense to make it so obvious by naming it after the match.

noumenon

I seriously think most of your problems with this lie more in the name than in the actual concept for the PPV...lol