New Job

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Recently I made the conscious decision to leave the IT world behind. In toledo, all of the good jobs are basically in the automotive industry. Well, I have been hired into the manufacturing/production of Chrysler.

Holy cow dude, it's quite a process to get hired in

Apply
Background Check
Education Verification
Drug Test
Assessment
Physical
Orientation
Start Date

I now work within the biggest Unionized group in the world, and Its one of the most pleasant experiences of my life. There is literally no way you can get fired unless the AUTO industry fails (which it has)

My education/assessment has me starting out as a Tier 1 worker which is normally reserved for the long term members. They pay me 30 dollars an hour, 5 days a week, 50 hrs total. It's not salary which sucks.

Can anyone think of a better/more profitable industry to get into? I was convinced it was IT until you basically get maxed around 20 an hr without additional education/certs?

Has anyone worked for or know someone thats worked in a union?

Is anyone interested in moving to Toledo or Detroit to join the automotive field?

Any questions on the assembly of a vehicle?

Ask away, it's neat

Reactions: Vice

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Over here every line of work is unionized. If you ain't part of the union you're off the proverbial wagon trail.

I could see the communication business being good to work in. Or working in some form of governmental institution over here. My mom works in the national railway and traffic commission here in Sweden and she has gotten a lot out of that, not to mention being able to advance in rank to the point where she is now one of 3 bosses for their customer support.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Everywhere in Sweden is unionized? That's phenomenal. I guess since this is my first experience in a Union, I'm just blown away at how much respect you're given. You actually feel like you're being taken care of.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I fucking work at Jack in the Box.Getting paid 9 bucks a fuckin' hour. Hell yeah, top gun my brother. Best job ever. Who needs job security? Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Everywhere in Sweden is unionized? That's phenomenal. I guess since this is my first experience in a Union, I'm just blown away at how much respect you're given. You actually feel like you're being taken care of.
I'm actually shocked at how much of America that isn't unionized. I figured you guys would be on top of that.

Being part of the union is a big weight off of your shoulders. I for example don't have to negotiate my pay raises unless I want to, the union will take care of the part that I am not guaranteed to get. As well as all the other benefits.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I worked in a union while I worked as a cashier while I was working at Universal Studios in Hollywood.
One night I was working with a cute chick, left the booth to leak and came back.
The next day I was called in, but my union rep was present. It was a legal deal where I could have been canned.

Long story short, union reps are designed to inform of you of the pros and cons of leaning in direction A or B given a particular legal scenario.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Good luck @Danielson .. I'm working on getting a new job myself, nothing quite like Chrysler but something to keep me occupied until my real jobs which is seasonal comes back into play.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hell yeah, good luck Sharp

Stop, this union thing is a brand new thing to me. Weekly meetings, open suggestions, etc. etc. You feel heard.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Hell yeah, good luck Sharp

Stop, this union thing is a brand new thing to me. Weekly meetings, open suggestions, etc. etc. You feel heard.
My union club elects a board every year that handles the meetings and such because of the way my work is structured (I'm the only guy in my state, so we'd have to travel a lot for all of us to show up for meetings), or we do them over the web. But yeah if I have a query of sorts I can send it to them and they will talk with the bosses.