New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Ryusuke Taguchi will be replacing an injured David Finlay in the New Japan Cup. He will be matched up against Hiroyoshi Tenzan. Finlay is out indefinitely with a left shoulder injury. The writer Rev. Claire Elizabeth seems excited at this match-up as she says Taguchi is "good for a couple great matches when he sets his butt schtick aside and knuckles down," and against Hiroyoshi "there's real possibility for some magic to be made." The number of matches I've watched Taguchi it's comic relief.

THE 69TH JR CHAMP WILL BECOME THE 69TH HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP AND IT WILL BE DOUBLE NICE!

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I just realized...

There is a chance that in the second round we see Toru Yano vs.Colt Cabana

Is a 5 star comedy match possible?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I just realized...There is a chance that in the second round we see Toru Yano vs.Colt Cabana. Is a 5 star comedy match possible?
If I still watched NJPW I would absolutely hate that match, and give it a 0 out of 5

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Will Ospreay has said signing with the WWE has never interested him. Looks like he'll be staying in NJPW for the long haul.

I saw an interview with him and Cultaholic and other than him seemingly become hard over the thought of super kicking Jack The Jobber, he sorta said he has so much to do outside of the WWE bubble and mentioned that he was disappointed that Travis Banks, a friend of his, that he signed with NXT UK when he felt he could have been a major star anywhere but WWE and that he had more to accomplish outside of there. Plus he said he would rather be in a position where if he goes to WWE he can pull an AJ Styles and go right to the main roster. It is not because NXT sucks, he recognizes how good it is, but he feels as if "learning to wrestle all over again" and "going back to wrestling school" is unappealing to him.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah rarely do I listen to the Commentary that's not NJPW, but I picked the right night to switch to the ROH team and I love Rocky even more and might give him the ROH based team more listens going forward. Rocky not wanting to get his ass kicked by Archer, he doesn't have a deathwish, then he's a tough guy when Jado came around he wants to kick his ass for us do it Rocky. Either beat that man or beat down Police on a OZ Academy or Sendai Girls Show please.

All the Multi-Man Tags I thought were solid to great, my favorite with Los Ingobernables de Japon vs Ibushi/Ishii/Taguchi/Narita. Between Taguchi's antics that always get me especially turn coating at a moments notice to save his ass, or even Taguchi directing traffic as he tries to get Ishii to play along he's so great. We'll never forget though when he wants to get down to business the man get it done! We even had Ibushi and Naito teasing us further of the feud to come with them involving the IWGP IC Title, and EVIL/Ishii battling it out was the cherry on top, when Narita wasn't nearly giving us a heart attack with a possible win of a lifetime.

Juice Robinson vs Chase Owens. Man this Match could of been really good, but the countless interference during the Match really bring it down for me. Juice continues to make me think he's the Surfer Sting of this era. Kids, Men, and Women love him and he has that same love from the Crowd as does Juice does. Also he's all energy all the time, just waiting to see when will be his Great American Bash moment come for him down the road blue chipper I feel.

Be still my heart and stop time Shibata came out dressed like a Gangster wished I knew what he said on Commentary especially in the finals of the NJ CUP Finals.

Kazuckika Okada vs SANADA. The slow place will frustrate NJPW at times during the Match, but it was built nicely and it came off strong for the Main Event. It would of been great to see SANADA get the win, and I think the fans wanted it, but Okada vs White was of course was the smartest choice to make going into that MSG Show.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah...so I know I am really late tot he party on this, but my god Wrestle Kingdom 13 was amazing. I give it a 9/10 for sure, and Kenny's entrance was just way too cool.