New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm quite looking forward to the finals. Not sure how I want it to turn out or what, but I like seeing one guy in the finals who hasn't been there before and someone who hasn't in a while.

I still don't get into Elgin. I don't have anything against him but he really doesn't do anything for me. Not sure why.
This G1 really reminds me of the 1995 King of the Ring. That tournament had the likes of Jeff Jarrett, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Lex Luger, Yokozuna, Razor Ramon and King Kong Bundy yet we have Savio Vega and Mabel in the finals.

I'm very much, disappointed with the turn out, this year. I have nothing against either guy but Omega and Goto are not really G1 Finalists, imo. Maybe the match will prove me otherwise.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This G1 really reminds me of the 1995 King of the Ring. That tournament had the likes of Jeff Jarrett, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Lex Luger, Yokozuna, Razor Ramon and King Kong Bundy yet we have Savio Vega and Mabel in the finals.

I'm very much, disappointed with the turn out, this year. I have nothing against either guy but Omega and Goto are not really G1 Finalists, imo. Maybe the match will prove me otherwise.

I think they're both capable of putting on a G1 finals caliber match. Hopefully they will do so and it'll change your mind.

You definitely don't come across as being close minded to the possibility :)

You watching it live or later?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think they're both capable of putting on a G1 finals caliber match. Hopefully they will do so and it'll change your mind.

You definitely don't come across as being close minded to the possibility :)

You watching it live or later?
I can't handle anymore wrestling, let alone six, 8-man tags. Leggo Omega (then lose it to Shibata)!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I can't handle anymore wrestling, let alone six, 8-man tags. Leggo Omega (then lose it to Shibata)!!!

I'm very burnt out on tag matches so I definitely understand that. There is an overabundance of wrestling out there now.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly, I really enjoyed the finals. It really was the only high part of the card for me. Yeah it was a lot of near falls but we knew that going in.

I won't be the first to comment on the outcome because I know I'll spoil it for someone and I don't wanna do that. But I was entertained. I wouldn't rate it 5*... maybe *** 3/4.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
If Shibata gets shipped off to NOAH I will get a job so I can buy a plane ticket to Japan and murder Gedo and whoever else is responsible.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadster

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Suzuki is not coming back
CpzeE2UWIAEkUBH.jpg

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Honestly, I really enjoyed the finals. It really was the only high part of the card for me. Yeah it was a lot of near falls but we knew that going in.

I won't be the first to comment on the outcome because I know I'll spoil it for someone and I don't wanna do that. But I was entertained. I wouldn't rate it 5*... maybe *** 3/4.
I think that's underrating it. The match had great action, an intense crowd and was one of the very few matches where I was duped into thinking a near fall was really it. This might be the first match since Undertaker v. Lesnar that really did have me on the edge of my seat. However, I could really do without that many nearfalls, and maybe controlling the intensity. It seemed that when the crowd reached the peak of their excitement, they just kept up the heat, instead of playing the heat and allowing for more build. Other than that, I'm completely convinced that Omega can handle the heat of a Dome Main Event, but I highly doubt that he will make it to WK 11.

**** 3/4

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think that's underrating it. The match had great action, an intense crowd and was one of the very few matches where I was duped into thinking a near fall was really it. This might be the first match since Undertaker v. Lesnar that really did have me on the edge of my seat. However, I could really do without that many nearfalls, and maybe controlling the intensity. It seemed that when the crowd reached the peak of their excitement, they just kept up the heat, instead of playing the heat and allowing for more build. Other than that, I'm completely convinced that Omega can handle the heat of a Dome Main Event, but I highly doubt that he will make it to WK 11.

**** 3/4

Actually I thought I had rated it 4 3/4. It should read, "I wouldn't rate it 5*... maybe **** 3/4." "I wouldn't rate it 5, maybe 3 3/4" actually doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: Roadster

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Can't wait to see The Big Boys (Big Mike and Big Guy) win the G1 Tag League.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I was able to watch Omega Vs. Naito earlier this morning and my gawd was that a good match. Lovely thing about New Japan is that the commentary isn't necessary for my understanding of a match when I do watch because the wrestlers themselves tell the story. Kenny Omega is a great wrestler(but we already knew that) and Naito may be one of my new faves. I rate it a 8/10 because I don't know what ***3/4 means.