New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I am a bit behind too. With everything else that has been going on, it's been hard to keep up. I haven't watched past day 3.

It's not too terrible though. If you fast forward past the entrances, it's really only about an hour and a half of actual tournament matches per show.

Agreed.

I do usually skip entrances and such, so yeah, I should get down to G1 ASAP.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
ConKFsXUEAAL1QR.jpg:large

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
I love Okada but there is no way in hell that he is winning this right? They use G1 as a royal rumble essentially these days so I doubt he'll win it as champion. Even if he does there is one thing I can take away from this G1 and it's that MY BOY fucking Tama Tonga went over Tanahashi! Great stuff.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I love Okada but there is no way in hell that he is winning this right? They use G1 as a royal rumble essentially these days so I doubt he'll win it as champion. Even if he does there is one thing I can take away from this G1 and it's that MY BOY fucking Tama Tonga went over Tanahashi! Great stuff.
Which is why him winning is a strong possibility. This year is about New Japan having to work things differently, shake things up and such.
Granted Naito is the most likely winner still.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Damn, Ishii and Okada with that five stars, well deserved if I say so myself.