New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Me and @Indy
YRnFt0n.jpg

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Opening day of BOSJ 2016 was better than the final from last year. Real good showing.

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
That entire show was just amazing, no bad matches at all, and the main event was just incredible.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hiroshi Tanahashi will be taking time off over the next four weeks in order to heal up ahead of his ladder match against Kenny Omega.

During night one of the Best of the Super Juniors, Bullet Club attacked Tanahashi with a ladder, effectively writing him off of the rest of his BOSJ appearances. Tanahashi will still compete in the ladder match against Kenny Omega at Dominion on June 19.

The plan earlier this year was for Tanahashi to scale back for a while in the ring, often just tagging with Michael Elgin. However, with the defection of AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and Shinsuke Nakamura, as well as Kota Ibushi not returning to NJPW, Tanahashi was needed in the ring.

Source

Stopspot

Reaction score
Pretty pathetic reaction from Ricochet and Ospreay to shit on people who didn't like the match tho. Unprofessional.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I like how Osperay did a Vader bomb.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I like how Osperay did a Vader bomb.
I thought he came off as such a brat.
"Vader didn't like my match. I'm gonna mock him!"
You can see Trent hanging his head in disappointment in the background, which makes it comedy gold.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can watch this Osperay and Ricochet match everyone is bugging out about?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Found it! The crowd is eating it up so not sure why the fuss. Surely if the crowd is into it then that's all that matters?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Found it! The crowd is eating it up so not sure why the fuss. Surely if the crowd is into it then that's all that matters?
It's a matter of perspective. Some, like Ospreay, tend to think of this super flippy style as the evolution of wrestling. Whilst old timers like Vader, preferred the style of his generation. This happens all the time and the only reason this blew up as it did is because a lot of the high flyers like Ospreay and the young bucks, have super thin skin and absolutely hate to be critized, and will publicy out whoever doesn't like it on twitter for sympathy.

Wrestling is an art form that fits so many different styles, so everything fits in it. Ricochet himself said on this match that it was something special, but even he wouldn't be able to watch a show consisting only of this match.

I can definitely see why people dislike, but also like it. I myself prefer more ground based juniors like O'Reilly and Kushida, but that's me.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
It's a matter of perspective. Some, like Ospreay, tend to think of this super flippy style as the evolution of wrestling. Whilst old timers like Vader, preferred the style of his generation. This happens all the time and the only reason this blew up as it did is because a lot of the high flyers like Ospreay and the young bucks, have super thin skin and absolutely hate to be critized, and will publicy out whoever doesn't like it on twitter for sympathy.

Wrestling is an art form that fits so many different styles, so everything fits in it. Ricochet himself said on this match that it was something special, but even he wouldn't be able to watch a show consisting only of this match.

I can definitely see why people dislike, but also like it. I myself prefer more ground based juniors like O'Reilly and Kushida, but that's me.
I can see why a full card of this sort of match would be a bore to watch. But as a match and to get a crowd going like that then for me it'ss a good thing. Diversity is what makes wrestling great we don't always need the brutes kicking ten bells of beef out of each other. I presume that's why this cruiserweight tourney for the WWE though as it brings in a style that the WWE doesn't have in vast amounts and the people they have that do are very grounded. A match like that could reignite a PPV that has collapsed on itself or has had a great match before and just switches the style up to get the crowd pumped again. The more difference in styles the better as there is something for everyone.