New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Supposedly NJPW is trying to make the Jr 4 way a new tradition.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I knew the fatal four-way for the Gaijin Jr. titles was coming. Sydal/Ricochet vs reDRagon would've been refreshing, but this way, we're getting a copy-paste of WK 9. Oh, well.

At least the fatal-four-way Jr. Tag matches are always entertaining to watch, so it's still pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I feel like I should add this: I've heard that Michael Elgin has said, after his win in Survival of the Fittest, that he wants his championship shot in Japan. And obviously, seeing as ROH and NJPW have a big working relationship, does this mean we might be seeing Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin at Wrestle Kingdom 10? Ngl, I'd be hyped for this match. I've been a #BigMike fan for a long while now, never understood the sudden hatred for him in 2014. So, would any of you lads wanna see this match? I don't know if they'll even get the chance to do it, considering that the WK shows are always stacked with matches and New Japan wants as much talent on it as possible, so there's a possibility that they won't get the time needed for them to tell a great story in the ring, or even have the match as a whole.

Elgin/Ishii for the NEVER Openweight Championship is a match I'd like to see as an alternative, if the rumors above won't be able to happen. I really enjoyed their match at the G1 finals show, and I'd love to see a rematch. Even if it's just to see his beard.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
At least the fatal-four-way Jr. Tag matches are always entertaining to watch, so it's still pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I feel like I should add this: I've heard that Michael Elgin has said, after his win in Survival of the Fittest, that he wants his championship shot in Japan. And obviously, seeing as ROH and NJPW have a big working relationship, does this mean we might be seeing Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin at Wrestle Kingdom 10? Ngl, I'd be hyped for this match. I've been a #BigMike fan for a long while now, never understood the sudden hatred for him in 2014. So, would any of you lads wanna see this match? I don't know if they'll even get the chance to do it, considering that the WK shows are always stacked with matches and New Japan wants as much talent on it as possible, so there's a possibility that they won't get the time needed for them to tell a great story in the ring, or even have the match as a whole.

Elgin/Ishii for the NEVER Openweight Championship is a match I'd like to see as an alternative, if the rumors above won't be able to happen. I really enjoyed their match at the G1 finals show, and I'd love to see a rematch. Even if it's just to see his beard.
Either at WK or the ROH Japan shows in February

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

When I first watched the fatal four way, yeah, it was cool. But, when you start seeing the same match involving the same teams over and over again, it's starting to become less and less cool each time. But, that's just me.

I'd have nothing against seeing Lethal defeat Elgin at The Dome. Elgin seems like another man when performing in Japan, he seemed rejuvenated during the G1, so whether they decide to do it at The Dome or in February, it's fine with me.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
ROH Title between two non-Japanese guys in Tokyo Dome, with no build, with the champion being unknown to the fans... People still find Gedo BOTY?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
ROH Title between two non-Japanese guys in Tokyo Dome, with no build, with the champion being unknown to the fans... People still find Gedo BOTY?

If we're joking, then yes. :smirk2:

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's more a way of showing the working relationship between the two, and it'll get more eyes from American fans on WK10. That's really not a bad motive for Gedo to book this match for this show, especially since the match is pretty much certain to be good as well.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Elgin in the NEVER division, please.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
True, they did have some good/great matches. But, it's lazy and repetitive booking.
Yeah, I totally agree. I guess the idea behind it was more: ''Yeah, they work together amazingly so lets just have them have 90 matches together.''

Still, I love a nice HOSS battle

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree. I guess the idea behind it was more: ''Yeah, they work together amazingly so lets just have them have 90 matches together.''

Still, I love a nice HOSS battle

Ishii/Makabe and Ishii/Honma matches are always pure violence, I love 'em. But, mixing things up and adding some more people wouldn't hurt.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Elgin vs Pitbull, Kong or Honma is something I'd pay to see.