• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
show_match_icon.php

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Karl Anderson
Ibushi/Tanahashi vs. Okada/Sakuraba
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tomoaki f'n Honma
HASHI/Yano vs. Fale/Styles
Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL
*Jr. Tag League Finals*

Power Struggle has a great card. Good to see Nakamura back in singles action. Nakamura vs. Anderson, Goto vs. EVIL and Ishii vs. Honma are gonna be a MOTNC. Especially Honma vs. Ishii.

Another example of why the NEVER division is one of the best acts on the show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
show_match_icon.php

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Karl Anderson
Ibushi/Tanahashi vs. Okada/Sakuraba
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tomoaki f'n Honma
HASHI/Yano vs. Fale/Styles
Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL
*Jr. Tag League Finals*

Power Struggle has a great card. Good to see Nakamura back in singles action. Nakamura vs. Anderson, Goto vs. EVIL and Ishii vs. Honma are gonna be a MOTNC. Especially Honma vs. Ishii.

Another example of why the NEVER division is one of the best acts on the show.

I'd assume EVIL is Watanabe?

I honestly thought they were saving Honma vs Ishii for WK where Honma would actually WIN the title and then go on to have a good run with it, but I guess it's not happening that way. :downer:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Yeah, EVIL = Watanabe but on the website they have him as EVIL. Guess they're making a name change?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They should just change the name of the junior tag league to the Gaijin tag league. Not a single team containing a Japanese wrestler made it through round one.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- New Japan Pro Wrestling's Kota Ibushi is sidelined indefinitely with a cervical disc herniation. NJPW announced at a press conference that he still plans on renewing his contract with the company.

Source

Bummer! Have a speedy recovery, Kota!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I've heard rumblings of Nakamura defending his IWGP IC title at The Dome against Go Shiozaki.

My guess is after Nakamura defeats Karl Anderson at Power Struggle, someone will come up to face him after the match, presumably AJ Styles or Go Shiozaki.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Any stand out days from the G1?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Any stand out days from the G1?

If you have time, then watch the entire thing.

Now, just to name a few... Day 14, Day 16, Day 17 (was a one-match show, AJ/Tana was excellent), Day 18 and the finals.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Prince Bálor's NJPW Journey
Destination: POWER STRUGGLE - Osaka
Date: 7/11/15

power-struggle-2015.jpg

- The Vets (Liger, TM IV, Taguchi & Dorada) vs Young Lions was a solid show opener, which the vets won. **½
Post-match, Liger officially challenged Tiger Mask for the NWA Junior Heavyweight Championship.

- Doc, Tonga & Hall vs Makabe, Juice & Captan New Japan was decent, but nothing to write home about. **

- Goto vs The King of Darkness EVIL was solid. **½
First off, I love Watanabe's new look, theme and entrance! He worked methodically here and controlled the majority of the match, with Goto bumping well for him. Naito eventually ran in strolled in for the DQ, and the mission of this angle [to introduce the new character and get the angle over] was accomplished.

- TimeSplitters & reDRagon vs The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega & Chase Owens was an entertaining spotfest. ***
The team of TimeSplitters and reDRagon picked up the win when KUSHIDA tapped Owens out to the Hoverboard Lock!

- Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs RPG Vice was pretty darn good and I enjoyed the hell out of it! ***½
Ricochet and Sydal scored the win via double Shooting Star Press on RPG Vice.
Post-match, reDRagon and The Bucks arrived and (most likely) set up a fatal four-way at The Dome. [BARF]
It should just be Ricochet/Sydal vs reDRagon at WK10, but my guess is it'll be the same match from WK9, with the difference being TimeSplitters are out of the picture and replaced by Ricochet/Sydal and Trent replacing Koslov. The booking of Gaijin tag division strikes again! I mean, no matter the talent involved, lazy and repetitive booking will cool off any fresh stuff. I'm complaining right now, but I'll definitely watch the Jr. tag match at The Dome, have fun and then forget I was ever complaining... Or not. lol

- AJ Styles & Bad Luck Fale vs YTR & YOSHI-HASHI was a good match to get AJ back on track. ***
On paper, it screams "SKIP THIS!", but it's actually well-worth a watch, IMO.

- Ishii vs Honma was great and MOTN. ****¼
Despite this not being as excellent as their matches from The New Beginning in Sendai and G1 25, this match still ruled and you should watch it!
The tagline for this match should be: HEADBUTTS. There was a ton of 'em, by both men. They just violated each other and I really enjoyed it.
Ishii retained the title via Brainbustaaaah!

- Tanahashi & Shibata vs Okada & Sakuraba was good. ***
Everyone involved had their working boots on and ultimately, they delivered a good match.
Ace of the Universe worked a bit more edgy and cocky here, and if that's how he plans on working The Dome, then we're in for a treat.
Ain't we ever when these two collide? I'm hyped for the WK10 main event, that post-match segment was red hot!

- Nakamura vs The Machine Gun was a very, very good ME. ***¾
For whatever reason, I just couldn't buy Karl Anderson as the valiant threat to defeat Nakamura, despite him being good at what he does, especially when it comes to the fun homestretch. Also, the fact that Boma Ye has become the Attitude Adjustment 2.0 is annoying to me. Nakamura having to hit it at least 3 times before finally putting away his opponent does add a different kind of drama, but I just feel like once he nails you with that Boma Ye, you should stay down.

Post-match, Nakamura vs AJ Styles was set up for WK10! Hell yeah!

OVERALL THOUGHTS: Power Struggle was a great show with nothing bad on it. The show was a pleasure to watch.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
CTXtPJDUcAACIbG.jpg

4-Way tag match for the Jr. Heavy tag titles

CTWVj3EVAAAByyr.jpg

Omega vs. KUSHIDA...:mad1:

CTWVj3bVEAQmcHg.jpg

Styles vs. Nakamura for the IC title.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
CTXtPJDUcAACIbG.jpg

4-Way tag match for the Jr. Heavy tag titles

CTWVj3EVAAAByyr.jpg

Omega vs. KUSHIDA...:mad1:

CTWVj3bVEAQmcHg.jpg

Styles vs. Nakamura for the IC title.

I knew the fatal four-way for the Gaijin Jr. titles was coming. Sydal/Ricochet vs reDRagon would've been refreshing, but this way, we're getting a copy-paste of WK 9. Oh, well.

KUSHIDA wins. Because why not.

Hyped for Styles/Naka.