New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Enjoyed the episode, as well as Josh Barnett and Mauro Ranallo on commentary.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Cavernario/Cometa did it again, what a grandiose match, just slightly below their hair classic from Aniversario. They skipped the feeling out process and went straight to bomb throwing. Killer finish too. The Caveman needs to be in the G1.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Only now managed to catch NJPW on AXS TV, fuck me, loved every second of it. It was so nice to revisit WK7 main event with Barnett and Ranallo calling the match, they're better than Ross and Striker. IMO.

Crazy good shit, it's so awesome to be a pro-graps fan in 2015, there's this, there's LUG and there's NXT which I know is good but I can't get half-assed to watch it, lel.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
As if we needed more proof that Nakamura is the greatest man alive.

Reactions: Bort

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Enuhito:
There are many people tweeting "[HASHTAG]#CancelWWEnetwork[/HASHTAG] and subscribe NJPWworld". This trend spread the WWE universe. They must think "What is NJPWWorld??" So they went to access NJPWworld.

As a result, too many traffic went to NJPWWold, so the page was down. The people in NJPWWorld must not anticipate it. It is really surprising.
:pity2:

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
From thecubsfan's blog, kind of major news:
Super Crazy, talking to +LuchaTV, talked about the recent changes in Japan with his home promotion of NOAH and CMLL’s ally NJPW. It’s been reported NJPW bought some percentage of NOAH – NJPW was looking to expand and NOAH was looking to continue to exist – and Super Crazy describes both promotions as one united company, with the politics and people in charge of NOAH very different from when he started. He said all the NOAH foreigners are being booked thru NJPW, and implied NJPW’s Jado was booking for NOAH now. Super Crazy said Jado likes him and he’s going back in March, but Crazy also talked about going to CMLL and many offers he’s gotten elsewhere (AAA, Lucha Underground, even bringing up WWE.) You can probably do CMLL and NOAH now, but Super Crazy didn’t appear to be looking for regular work elsewhere when he was a regular in NOAH.

Long term, I wonder if this means CMLL luchadors start to make appearances in NOAH as well as NJPW. Short term, this seems affect the plans for Santo Jr., who had been training in NOAH the last two summers. The plan was for the training to be repaid by Santo Jr. debuting in NOAH and it all could still happen, but it seems like a deal with a management that’s no longer in place and new people might not have the same idea. (The Santos would’ve probably known about all this when they talked around Christmas and said Santo Jr.’s debut may not be any time soon.)
So, NOAH is New Japan's WWECW now, or something like that.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
He was talking in Spanish and all he said is that NOAH changed their minds and they are working in a different way. He also said tha Jado was doing some of the booking and that they have an agreement but they are not unified or whatsoever.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
For those interested, a new episode of NJPW on AXS TV is up on watchwrestling.

It features Devitt vs Tanahashi (highlights only for this one) and Okada vs Makabe. Watching this right now, by the way.

Also, The Road To New Beginning Tokorozawa and The Road To New Beginning Korakuen Hall is available on KAT and Dailymotion.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Bort