New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
^same. I'll always go for the Japanese commentary version first. But I have no problem tuning into the JR version afterwards. I could be completely wrong about him not being able to keep up after all.

Trailer is good too

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
That seems like the general consensus, watching it in the original version, then re-watching with Ross' commentary.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think it's a great move to add JR. If they want to get to the American market, I guess English commentary is a must and there is no one better than JR. I'm torn on which version to watch, honestly. I'm a big JR mark but Japanese commentators are awesome even when you have no idea what they're saying.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Stop, since this is related, is GFW gonna be just an NWA type association thing or are they eventually going to be an actual fed?
I have zero idea.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Stop, since this is related, is GFW gonna be just an NWA type association thing or are they eventually going to be an actual fed?
NWA is a governing body of promotions, GFW is a promotion in its self. So no they aren't gonna be like the NWA.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
NWA is a governing body of promotions, GFW is a promotion in its self. So no they aren't gonna be like the NWA.
Well, that's the exact doubt I had. I heard somewhere (maybe posts here, can't recall) that GFW was just going to be sort of a conglomeration of promotions ala New Japan and AAA and not hold any shows of their own, thus being NWA-like. Thanks.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Well, that's the exact doubt I had. I heard somewhere (maybe posts here, can't recall) that GFW was just going to be sort of a conglomeration of promotions ala New Japan and AAA and not hold any shows of their own, thus being NWA-like. Thanks.
No problem.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Except GFW isn't a promotion at all.
At the moment they are a production company at best