New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
lets get the ELP match we all wanted

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Hiromu though oh shit! Desperado Daddy is back.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Filthy/Kojima tonight on Strong was NICE :mark: I don't know if the set-up for the Lio Rush match ends up happening or not though :hogansun Man I hope that dude lies about this retirement too

Also next week we got Good Brothers vs fucking Violence Unlimited in the tournament finals

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
A solid first match on strong, Violence Unlimited advancing was the most sensible choice and I think its almost guaranteed that they will be facing the good bros. The WCWC were solid though, and have some talent. I am loving this version of Dickinson though, he is a really good fit with Brody.

Nagata just continues to prove himself to be one of the true grizzled veterans of this sports, its hard to believe that Blue Justice is in his 50s but looking more spry than some guys twenty years younger than him and I love his pairing with the Young Lion Narita. Even though it was clear that the Good Bros were winning, Narita has a lot of potential in the future might even be a talent worth being picked up by AEW, NWA or Impact on a permanent basis for a few years.

Lawlor with a strong win over Kojima! STRONG. LOL. That was a really big win for Lawlor. Lio Rush showing up at the end, I just find confusing. I know he is retiring, so I don't see the point of him even challenging for the belt - if he is just going to lose. Unless, his retirement is just a massive work.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think they taped like 4 months of strong in advance tbh bc Lio has still been featured after he was injured and retired lol

But if he unretires, I wouldn't say it's a work. Dude just changed his mind...for the second time lol.

Which I want to happen for the record but come on man stop retiring every time you get upset about something:tenay

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also, I know it's nothing like what's been going on with Impact but did you notice Kevin Kelly kept mentioning that Violence were representing ROH in the tournament, Good Bros are obviously representing Impact too so for the finals of an NJPW tournament we got and ROH and an Impact team :DEAD:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I didn't realise they filmed so far in advance...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I didn't realise they filmed so far in advance...

I'm not certain on it myself tbh bc Lio's appearances especially are what's throwing me for a loop. Bc like they would also have Nagata on during the same week as he was in AEW. So maybe they piece the shows together from different tapings lol

I've heard filthy Tom Lawlor say on F4W that they tape a lot in advance and it'd be different with crowds but he wasn't specific

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
NJPW STRONG REPORT: LAWLOR VERSUS KOJIMA FOR THE TITLE, THE FINALS ARE SET FOR TAG TEAM TURBULENCE, AND MORE

By Richard Trionfo on 2021-07-24 12:12:00
We are in Los Angeles, California and your announcers are Shigeki Kiyono, Katsayuri Shibata, and Hiroshi Tanahashi (in Japanese) or Kevin Kelly and Alex Koslov (in English).

Match Number One: Brody King and Chris Dickinson versus Jorel Nelson and Royce Isaacs in a Semifinal Match in Tag Team Turbulence

Dickinson and Isaacs start things off. They lock up and Isaacs with a double leg take down but Dickinson with a cover into an arm bar. Dickinson with a body scissors but Isaacs with a waist lock. Dickinson backs Isaacs into the corner and he gives a clean break. Dickinson goes for the leg but Isaacs blocks it and applies a wrist lock. Dickinson works on the arm.

Dickinson with a judo throw but Isaacs with a kick. Dickinson with a kick and Isaacs with a back elbow. Nelson tags in and Isaacs kicks the leg and Nelson with a drop kick to the leg. Isaacs with a dragon screw leg whip and Nelson with a double stomp for a near fall. Nelson with an elbow into the corner and then he runs into a boot. Dickinson lands on his feet on a belly-to-back suplex attempt and Dickinson is able to make the tag to King.

Nelson with a chop but it has no impact. King sends Nelson into the corner but Nelson with forearms. King with a shoulder tackle and chop followed by a slam. King with a back senton and he keeps Nelson from making the tag. King gets a near fall. King with a forearm to the back and he chops Nelson against the ropes. Nelson and King exchange forearms. Dickinson tags in and he connects with a back heel kick in the corner. Dickinson with a dragon screw leg whip to Nelson followed by a single leg crab but Neslon gets to the ropes to force a break.

Dickinson stomps on the leg and then he tags in King. King kicks Nelson and follows with a forearm. Dickinson tags back in and they hit a double back elbow and Dickinson gets a near fall. Dickinson with a front face lock and a chop. King tags in and King gets Nelson up. Dickinson with a drop kick and then he knocks Isaacs off the apron. King with a Boston crab and Dickinson adds an elbow drop to the back. Isaacs with punches to King to force him to release the hold but the referee sends Isaacs back to his corner.

King with a chop and he puts Nelson on the turnbuckles. King with another chop but Nelson with forearms. King sets for a superplex but Nelson blocks it and he punches King in the ribs and head butts King back to the mat. Nelson with a clothesline off the turnbuckles. Dickinson and Isaacs tag in and Isaacs with punches but Dickinson punches back. Isaacs maintains control and hits a flying clothesline. Isaacs with a dead lift jackhammer for a near fall.

Nelson goes up top and hits a clothesline while Isaacs holds Dickinson up and Isaacs gets a near fall. King sends Nelson to the floor and then he kicks Isaacs. King sends Dickinson onto Isaacs but Dickinson can only get a near fall. King tags in and they alternate waist locks. Nelson with a forearm from the apron Nelson tags in and Isaacs with a Dragon suplex but Dickinson knocks Nelson off the turnbuckles.

Isaacs goes over the top rope to the floor when Dickinson drops down. King with a side slam followed by a clothesline for the three count.

Winners: Brody King and Chris Dickinson (Advance to Finals to face winner of Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson versus Ren Narita and Yuji Nagata)

After the match, Dickinson and King are in the back. King says that was close. The wrecking crew ran into the West Coast Wrecking Ball. Dickinson says that Royce Isaacs is a training partner of his and he is a legit athlete. So is his partner. We only deal with the best. This is the most competitive atmosphere in the business. We are ready for the finals. There is honor in violence and we are Violence Unlimited.

Match Number Two: Ren Narita and Yuji Nagata versus Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson in a Semifinal Match in Tag Team Turbulence

Anderson and Narita start things off and they lock up. Narita with waist lock and Anderson with a side head lock and take down. Narita with ahead scissors and Anderson escapes. They lock up and Anderson with a wrist lock. Narita backs Anderson into the ropes and gives a clean break. They lock up and Narita with a wrist lock. Narita with a forearm to the arm and he continues to work the wrist lock. Nagata tags in and he works on the arm some more. Nagata kicks Gallows off the apron and then Nagata returns to the wrist lock. Narita tags in and he goes up top and hits a double sledge to the arm. Narita and Nagata with a double shoulder tackle. Narita with kicks and a hammer lock take down.

Anderson backs Narita into his corner and Gallows tags in and he kicks Narita. Narita with kicks to the leg but Gallows with a kick to Narita and an uppercut to Nagata. Gallows with a head butt to Narita and he throws a series of cover up uppercuts and then he hits another uppercut before standing on Narita’s chest. Anderson tags in and he punches Narita in the ribs.

Anderson kicks Narita and he mocks Nagata. Anderson with punches in the corner and an uppercut. Gallows tags in and he punches Narita. Gallows with a short arm clothesline for a near fall. Gallows with a leg drop to Narita and he knocks Nagata off the apron. Gallows kicks Narita in the corner and then hits a round kick to the temple. Gallows with a running uppercut to Narita in the corner. Anderson tags in and he gives Narita a snap mare and applies a reverse chin lock. Narita gets to the ropes to force a break. Gallows tags in and he kicks Narita in the head and hits an elbow drop for a near fall. Gallows with elbows to Narita’s clavicle and then he applies a reverse chin lock. Narita gets to his feet and he connects with elbows but Gallows with a forearm to the back followed by a slam. Gallows misses an elbow drop and Narita tries to make the tag and he does. Naagata kicks Anderson off the apron and then he kicks Gallows. Nagata with a drop kick to the knee and then Natgata kicks Anderson off the apron. Nagata with forearms and Gallows with a kick. Anderson tags in and he goes for a Gun Stun but Nagata escapes and kicks Anderson. Nagata gives Gallows an exploder.

Narita tags in and he hits a hip into the corner while Nagata connects with a kick in the corner. Narita with a spinning heel kick for a near fall. Anderson with an eye rake and then he hits a boot in the corner. Gallows with a splash into the corner and then they hit a belly-to-back suplex and neck breaker combination for a near fall. Anderson with a TKO for a near fall. Gallows gets Narita up for Magic Killer and the three count.

Winners: Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (Advance to face Chris Dickinson and Brody King)

After the match, Anderson and Gallows are in the back. Anderson asks King and Dickinson if they know who they are getting in the ring with? The Machine Gun and the Big LG. We came here to win the tournament. Gallows says Violence Unlimited is a poor name. We will bring the violence. It will be a Magic Killer and a 1-2-3.

We go to the cleaning and disinfection break.

Match Number Three: Tom Lawlor (with JR Kratos) versus Satoshi Kojima for the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship

They lock up and Kojima with a rollup for a near fall. They lock up and Lawlor with a wrist lock into a drop toe hold. Kojima gets to the ropes to force a break. Kojima with a front chancery and Lawlor escapes. They lock up and Kojima with a side head lock and shoulder tackle. Lawlor with a kick to the midsection followed by forearms. Lawlor with a seated splash onto the leg. Lawlor with a forearm to the back and an arm bar into a Fujiwara arm bar. Lawlor with a modified Rings of Saturn but Kojima escapes.

Kojima with punches but Lawlor with forearms and a chop. Lawlor with a head and arm choke on Kojima followed by knees and a slam. Lawlor misses an elbow drop and Kojima misses a slingshot elbow drop. Lawlor chops Kojima on the floor and then connects with forearms and kicks to the leg. Lawlor wraps Kojima’s arm around the ring post and then he gets back into the ring. Kojima gets back in before the twenty count.

Lawlor with a figure four leg lock. Lawlor with forearms and chops in the corner. Lawlor decides to chop Kojima a taste of his own medicine. Lawlor with a forearm and then Kojima shows Lawlor how it is done. Kojima with an Irish whip and forearm into the corner. Kojima goes up top but Lawlor stops him and Lawlor with knees to the midsection. Lawlor with a rear naked choke while Kojima is on the apron but Koima with elbows. Lawlor goes to the apron and he connects with a forearm. Kojima with a kick and a DDT on the apron.

They return to the ring and Kojima with a DDT. Kojima goes up top and hits an elbow drop for a near fall. Lawlor with a chop and forearms followed by jabs and a forearm that sends Kojima to the mat. Lawlor with another forearm and chop. Lawlor with a forearm and Kojima blocks a boot. Kojima with Mongolian chops and Emerald Frosion for a near fall. Kojima with an Anaconda Vice. Lawlor gets to the ropes and Kojima releases the hold.

Kojima with forearms but he misses a discus lariat but he does not miss with a cutter. Kojima sets for a lariat but Lawlor moves and Lawlor with a rear naked choke. Kojima with a snap mare to escape. Lawlor with a uranage slam for a near fall. Lawlor with a guillotine. Lawlor goes for a suplex but Kojima blocks it and Kojima with a suplex for a near fall. Kratos trips Kojima and Lawlor with a knee to the head and he applies the rear naked choke and Kojima passes out.

Winner: Tom Lawlor (retains Championship)

After the match, Lawlor and Kratos are in the back. Lawlor says the belt looks beautiful. First it was the tournament, then the Dirty Daddy. Karl Fredericks, his day may come, but it ain’t now. Now, a legend. Satoshi Kojima has fallen at the hands of the strongest in New Japan. What is next for Tom Lawlor? Is Bob Sapp coming out of retirement? Are we going to get Ant Man or an Octopus.

Lio Rush walks in and he says he heard something about a moth and look no further than the Man of the Hour. I know your resume and I know what is around your shoulder. You know who I am. We were in the same tournament. Rush says he was not impressed. Since I set foot in New Japan, I haven’t gotten a fair shake in the tournaments. If you are a real fighting champion, why not put your title up. Rush tells Lawlor he likes his jean shorts.

Kratos and Lawlor talk and Rush tell them they know where they can find him.

We go to credits.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Here's the updated lineup for NJPW Strong this friday:
  • Tag Team Turbulence finals: The Good Brothers vs. Brody King & Chris Dickinson
  • Karl Fredericks, Fred Rosser & Adrian Quest vs. Jorel Nelson, Royce Isaacs & Misterioso
  • Kevin Knight vs. Bateman

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
"I still think that EVIL's heart is not all the way black. But then again his name is EVIL." Kevin Kelly bruh :lol

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
7/30 NEW JAPAN RESULTS FROM TOKYO, JAPAN

By James Kurokawa on 2021-07-30 15:16:00
From Korakuen Hall, Tokyo, Japan:

1 - Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask and Satoshi Kojima vs. Yuya Uemura, Yota Tsuji and Togi Makabe

Kojima flattened Uemura with a lariat and got the pinfall win.

Solid opening match. Uemura and Tsuji are in the final days as "young lions" and were able to get a bunch of offense in on the veterans. Tiger Mask raised Uemura's hand and applauded his performance.

2 - SHO, YOH and Kazuchika Okada vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Master Wato and Hiroyoshi Tenzan

This is a preview match for Super Jr. Tag League.

Taguchi pinned YOH with a Five Star Clutch Gaesino.

Wow! Taguchi defeated Roppongi 3K who has won Super Jr. Tag League three times. This should build up the drama in the upcoming tournament.

YOH was upset at the referee but he knew he lost. He apologized to SHO after the match. Taguchi did some comedy dancing in the ring after the match to celebrate their win.

3 - Hiroshi Tanahashi and Toru Yano vs. Chase Owens and Gedo

Owens sprayed Yano and Tanahashi in the eyes with hand sanitizer. Owens got the ring mic and locked Yano in an STF and put the mic in his face and told him to "quit".

Gedo attempted a Gedo Clutch on Tanahashi who reversed it into a Dragon Screw. Tanahashi trapped Gedo in a Texas Cloverhold and Gedo tapped out.

Owens and Yano had words after the match. They will meet for the KOPW Trophy at the next Wrestle Grand Slam on Sept. 5. I expect a lot of comedy shenanigans and special stipulations in that match.

4 - Robbie Eagles, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto vs. DOUKI, Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi

Before the match, Taichi tried to intimidate YOSHI-HASHI with the IWGP Tag Team Belt. On Sunday, August 1, CHAOS will defend their NEVER Openweight 6-man Tag Titles against Suzuki-Gun.

This match was out of control early on. Tomohiro Ishii battling Minoru Suzuki is great to watch. Suzuki-Gun targeted Ishii's right knee and kept him in their corner. YOSHI-HASHI and ZSJ tagged in. YOSHI-HASHI's right shoulder has been taped up for months, but that was a target for ZSJ to attack. Pace picks up.

Eagles hits a 450 splash on the leg of DOUKI. Eagles locks in the Ron Miller Special. DOUKI taps out.

Both teams continued to fight after the match. Officials and young lions came to separate both teams. Suzuki tried to go after Ishii with a chair and hit a young lion instead.

5 - Elimination Match: BUSHI, SANADA, Tetsuya Naito and Shingo Takagi vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Taiji Ishimori, El Phantasmo and EVIL, with Dick Togo

This match was difficult to follow as wrestlers were climbing in and out of the ring, wrestlers were not standing on the apron, attacks were occurring everywhere, and the camera could not pick up all the action.

Takagi eliminates Takahashi over the top rope.

EVIL eliminates Takagi over the top.

SANADA eliminates Ishimori over the top.

ELP eliminates SANADA over the top.

Naito eliminates ELP over the top.

EVIL eliminates Naito over the top.

EVIL was about to finish off BUSHI, when Takagi attacked Togo outside the ring. Takagi lifted Togo was about to hit Made in Japan on the floor. EVIL screamed at the referee to stop Takagi. BUSHI came from behind EVIL and tossed him over the top rope. Los Ingobernales de Japon win the match.

EVIL was irrate after the match. Shingo Takagi took the mic and told EVIL that he will get his revenge at Wrestle Grand Slam on Sept. 5.

Action on New Japan World continues tomorrow.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
TAG TEAM TURBULENCE FINALS: NEW JAPAN STRONG PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT
By Mike Johnson on 2021-07-30 08:49:00
Scheduled for tonight's edition of New Japan Strong on the New Japan app:

*Tag Team Turbulence Final: Violence Unlimited (Brody King & Chris Dickinson) vs Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)

*Karl Fredericks & Fred Rosser & Adrian Quest vs Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs & Misterioso.

*Kevin Knight vs Bateman