New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm kinda glad Naito isn't main eventing, he's obviously (at least) one level below Okada, Tana, and Nakamura.
True. A bit of a blessing in disguise. Naito isn't ready to main event the Tokyo dome yet

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Is the IC Title co-Main Event tier pretty much, with NEVER being Mid-Card? Has it always been this way?

I'm really just starting to get into NJPW now, watched Road to Tokyo Dome because of its convenient timezone and really loved it. Marathoning through G1 Climax 23 now in preparation for WK8.

Favorite so far is Shinsuke, I watched his match with Ibushi and was floored.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Is the IC Title co-Main Event tier pretty much, with NEVER being Mid-Card? Has it always been this way?

I'm really just starting to get into NJPW now, watched Road to Tokyo Dome because of its convenient timezone and really loved it. Marathoning through G1 Climax 23 now in preparation for WK8.

Favorite so far is Shinsuke, I watched his match with Ibushi and was floored.
It started out as a midcard belt for non jrs as far as I know. It's an upper midcard belt, for guys going into main event or to keep maineventers that aren't to challenge for the top strap busy. Shinsuke holding it has raised its prestige a lot.

Also Shinsuke <3

Road to Tokyo Dome was very good. Especially the tag main event on day six. That finishing stretch :fap:

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
What are juniors? I noticed that there were tag team and junior tag team titles, I presume that junior are just rookies? Are these Young Lions considered Juniors, or is that a completely different thing all together? What does it take to get out of the juniors?

That tag main event sold me pretty much. Haven't seen a time limit draw in forever.

We gonna have some sort of LD for WK8? Or some sort of discussion in general?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What are juniors? I noticed that there were tag team and junior tag team titles, I presume that junior are just rookies? Are these Young Lions considered Juniors, or is that a completely different thing all together? What does it take to get out of the juniors?

That tag main event sold me pretty much. Haven't seen a time limit draw in forever.

We gonna have some sort of LD for WK8? Or some sort of discussion in general?
I think juniors is like the light heavyweight/cruiserweight division.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Juniiors are light heavyweights

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Huh, I see. Kinda shitty name for it then I guess.

Favorites so far from watching the G1 Climax: Suzukii, Iishii, Nagata, Ibushi, Shinsuke and surprisingly Archer. I absolutely hate Makabe and Tenzan, least favorite of all of them. I want to like Devitt, but his matches have been pretty much been all the same since the start of the G1 Climax.

Favorite matches so far would be Iishii vs Tanahashi Day Two, Suzukii vs Nagata Day One and Shinsuke vs Ibushi Day Four.

Also surprised how they give out wins a lot. Did NOT see Tanahashi losing to Iishii or Okada losing to Goto and Devitt.

Loving everything so far, would love some match recommendations.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Huh, I see. Kinda shitty name for it then I guess.

Favorites so far from watching the G1 Climax: Suzukii, Iishii, Nagata, Ibushi, Shinsuke and surprisingly Archer. I absolutely hate Makabe and Tenzan, least favorite of all of them. I want to like Devitt, but his matches have been pretty much been all the same since the start of the G1 Climax.

Favorite matches so far would be Iishii vs Tanahashi Day Two, Suzukii vs Nagata Day One and Shinsuke vs Ibushi Day Four.

Also surprised how they give out wins a lot. Did NOT see Tanahashi losing to Iishii or Okada losing to Goto and Devitt.

Loving everything so far, would love some match recommendations.
Check out Ibushi vs. Low Ki vs. Devitt from earlier this year, awesome match.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
The co main event and opening match looks awesome

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Cannot watch live :upset: but yeah if Okada loses i riot

Stopspot

Reaction score
Well yeah, you can't since it costs $35.

Winner of just finished Okada/Naito title match
OKADA

thank God

Very good match, but not even near to epic or similar.
Thank black Jeez

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Twitter spoiled it to me :haha:

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
When I mean live I mean Stream Thats how I roll. I would try to find a stream