New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Ricochet showed up at today's New Japan card and challenged the winner of Sunday's Kenny Omega vs. Kushida match for the IWGP jr. title. Ricochet hasn't been in New Japan since he signed with Lucha Underground.

Doesn't look good for LU.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Doesn't look good for LU.

Here's to hoping it doesn't affect LUG much.

Puma's totally losing the title to MM at Ultima Lucha, so him going away for a while [to Japan] could be the way they decide to sell the destruction caused by Muertes.
Puma can always come back, but damn, LUG first needs to stay in the biz.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Dominion was a strong card. But Sakuraba vs Shibata became almost impossible to top for the rest. Okada vs AJ and Goto vs Nakamura came the closest with those insane finishing stretches and the build throughout the matches.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Dominion was a strong card. But Sakuraba vs Shibata became almost impossible to top for the rest. Okada vs AJ and Goto vs Nakamura came the closest with those insane finishing stretches and the build throughout the matches.
Really? Damn, I haven't caught that match yet. Missed the first hour or so. Looking forward to it. Was the bucks/roppongi/redragon match worth watching?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Really? Damn, I haven't caught that match yet. Missed the first hour or so. Looking forward to it. Was the bucks/roppongi/redragon match worth watching?
If you have seen one, you have seen them all. Absolutely nothing new

Stopspot

Reaction score
Sounds about right. So, given this show what do you expect from the G1 stop? Winner, anyone booked particularly strong, new feuds?
Nakamura wins, hands down. No one else is as logical right now. Nakamura vs Okada at the dome. Tana will be booked strong as will Styles and Naito/Ibushi but not as strong as Tana and Nakamura, Goto will have solid booking but I don't see him making the finals since he is Mr IC right now.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Sakuraba/Shibata was a fabulous, grueling semi-shoot genre war and everyone should watch it. I think I might prefer it over Saku's IC title match. Okada/Styles was excellent too, they handled the Bullet Club angle so well and they let Okada and AJ finally work that classic they had in them. Two superb matches. Yano/Tana and Goto/Shinsuke were really good. Makabe/Ishii sucked because of Makabe. Ingobernable Naito is money.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Stopspot

Reaction score
Ingobernable Naito is money.
Kinda wish Naito would cut the mullet. He looks like a lesbian trucker with that cap right now. But the character is on point now.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Dominion was a great show overall. NJPW has been truly great this year!
The show had four outstanding matches and two of 'em were definitely MOTY material.

- The 10 man tag match was an alright show opener.

- The Young Bucks vs Roppongi Vice vs reDRagon was pretty good.
But, the junior tag division coud use some fresh teams.
For instance, they could pair up Tanaka and Komatsu and there you have it, they'd be awesome with these guys. Hell, Jay White and little Finlay, too.

- Naito & Honma vs Takahashi & Fale. This was a decent match, but with a good/better storytelling.
I'm loving it that Naito's been on the road to Heel City and the fact that his turn will prolly be triggered on such a lovable babyface like Honma.

- That Shibata vs Sakuraba match! MOTY material, for sure.
18994%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20smiling%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20thumbs_up.gif

- KUSHIDA vs Kenny Omega was a great match with a great story.
I'm happy KUSHIDA won his second IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship!
And I'm beyond pumped for KUSHIDA vs Ricochet
proxy.php

- Makabe vs Ishii was kinda meh. It's still beyond me why the title was taken off of Ishii in the first place.

- Anderson & Gallows vs The Kingdom was the worst thing on the show for me.
But, there's an upside to it, Bullet Club's regained the titles.

- Tanahashi vs Yano was good. I hope this was the culmination of their feud.

- Goto vs Nakamura was a stellar match. Here's to hoping Nakamura goes on to win G1.

- Okada vs AJ Styles was excellent! MOTYC
Okada's the new champ, baybay! LET IT RAIN!
Also, Red Shoes ejecting Bullet Club was great!
tumblr_inline_nr34cftiNS1qkwso3_500.gif

But yeah, I enjoyed the match from the opening bell to the very end!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Dominion was a great show overall. NJPW has been truly great this year!
The show had four outstanding matches and two of 'em were definitely MOTY material.

- The 10 man tag match was an alright show opener.

- The Young Bucks vs Roppongi Vice vs reDRagon was pretty good.
But, the junior tag division coud use some fresh teams.
For instance, they could pair up Tanaka and Komatsu and there you have it, they'd be awesome with these guys. Hell, Jay White and little Finlay, too.

- Naito & Honma vs Takahashi & Fale. This was a decent match, but with a good/better storytelling.
I'm loving it that Naito's been on the road to Heel City and the fact that his turn will prolly be triggered on such a lovable babyface like Honma.

- That Shibata vs Sakuraba match! MOTY material, for sure.
18994%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20smiling%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20thumbs_up.gif

- KUSHIDA vs Kenny Omega was a great match with a great story.
I'm happy KUSHIDA won his second IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship!
And I'm beyond pumped for KUSHIDA vs Ricochet
proxy.php

- Makabe vs Ishii was kinda meh. It's still beyond me why the title was taken off of Ishii in the first place.

- Anderson & Gallows vs The Kingdom was the worst thing on the show for me.
But, there's an upside to it, Bullet Club's regained the titles.

- Tanahashi vs Yano was good. I hope this was the culmination of their feud.

- Goto vs Nakamura was a stellar match. Here's to hoping Nakamura goes on to win G1.

- Okada vs AJ Styles was excellent! MOTYC
Okada's the new champ, baybay! LET IT RAIN!
Also, Red Shoes ejecting Bullet Club was great!
tumblr_inline_nr34cftiNS1qkwso3_500.gif

But yeah, I enjoyed the match from the opening bell to the very end!

I can't really add anything, you said it all. This was a great super card. Yeah I am a bit biased with Okada winning, but who cares. You are 100% right that the match is match of the year candidate. In fact, if I were voting today, it would get my vote. With all the excellent matches this year, that is saying a lot.

And yeah, I loved it with Red Shoes ejected the Bullet Club. Although the best part of that was giving AJ the Suck It crotch chop.

Anyway, this super card is 10/10. Absolutely wonderful.

IT'S RAINING!!!!!! Woooooo!

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I can't really add anything, you said it all. This was a great super card. Yeah I am a bit biased with Okada winning, but who cares. You are 100% right that the match is match of the year candidate. In fact, if I were voting today, it would get my vote. With all the excellent matches this year, that is saying a lot.

And yeah, I loved it with Red Shoes ejected the Bullet Club. Although the best part of that was giving AJ the Suck It crotch chop.

I was like...
tumblr_m9u3nmfmVK1qmmpea.gif

I mean, that whole segment of Red Shoes ejecting the Bullet Club was great. I was marking out.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I was like...
tumblr_m9u3nmfmVK1qmmpea.gif

I mean, that whole segment of Red Shoes ejecting the Bullet Club was great. I was marking out.

It was great watching Okada go up against Styles. I actually felt like I used to when I used to watch Flair go for a belt. Okada's win ranks up there with the 1992 Royal Rumble for me.

Red Shoes is the best, a classic ref who knows he's a character too. I really like when he takes a fighting stance and circles his fists like he's saying "I'll fight ya." The unequivocal best referee in wrestling.