New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The blocks for BOSJ 12 are out.

BLOCK A:

show_news_icon.php

show_news_icon.php

Liger
Taguchi
Komatsu
Beretta
Gedo
Barbaro Cavernario (CMLL)
Kyle O'Reilly
Chase Owens (NWA)

BLOCK B:

show_news_icon.php

show_news_icon.php

Tiger Mask
KUSHIDA
Mascara Dorada
Alex Shelley
David Finlay
Rocky Romero
Bobby Fish
Nick Jackson

Winner gets a shot at Omega

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Caveman touring with New Japan - awesome.
Caveman touring BOSJ instead of G1 - bollocks.

P.S. Fuck Owens, O'Reilly and Fish.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This is a weak BOSJ line up. But sometimes that is needed to reboot

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
NJ on AXS TV making its return for a new set of episodes, entirely focusing on BOSJ, Dominion and the G1 from 2014:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
New Japan Pro Wrestling Best Of The Super Juniors Night 1 Results:

The 2015 Best of the Super Juniors is underway, kicking off this morning with several bouts. Familiar names to American wrestling fans include Jushin Thunder Liger, Alex Shelley, Nick Jackson of the Young Bucks, Tiger Masks IV, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish and David Finlay, the son of "Fit" Finlay. The tournament continues tomorrow.

* Block A Tournament Match: Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Yohei Komatsu via pinfall

* Block B Tournament Match: Tiger Mask IV defeated Nick Jackson via pinfall

* Block B Tournament Match: Alex Shelley defeated David Finlay via pinfall

* Block A Tournament Match: Barbaro Cavernario defeated Chase Owens via pinfall

* Hirooki Goto, Togi Makabe, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata & Tomoaki Honma defeated Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI via pinfall

* Block B Tournament Matcht: Bobby Fish defeated Rocky Romero via submission

* Block A Tournament Match: Kyle O'Reilly defeated Beretta via submission

* Block B Tournament Match: KUSHIDA defeated Mascara Dorada via submission

* Block A Tournament Match: Gedo defeated Ryusuke Taguchi via pinfall

I'm pumped for this, bring it on, baybay!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
BOSJ Night 1 was a pretty darn good show.

- Jushin Thunder Liger vs Yohei Komatsu was a good match. They couldn't have kicked the tourney off in a better way... Komatsu attacked JTL before the match, then Liger gets pissed off and delivers a Brainbuster on the floor and damn near kills Komatsu. GOAT
From that point on, Komatsu was made the ultimate underdog, fighting off everything, I mean, he looked like a star. In the end, the veteran prevails by hitting a palm strike and a Brainbustaaaaah!

- Tiger Mask IV vs Nick Jackson was an okay match. There was some comedy and stuff, but the match was nothing special. Also, Nick paying tribute to Devitt by coming out to the ring on Cody's shoulders brought a smile to my face.

- Alex Shelley vs David Finlay was solid. Mr. Finlay's baby boy looked nice in his NJPW debut.

- Barbaro Cavernario vs Chase Owens was alright. While the match wasn't anything too mind-blowing, the highlights of it were Barbaro's whacky offence and that diving splash from the top rope to the floor. All I can say is that the right man's advanced.

- Goto, Makabe, Tanahashi, Shibata & Honma vs Nakamura, Ishii, Yano, Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI was a good match. Pumped to see the upcoming singles matches between all of these guys involved. Damn, Dominion can't come quick enough!

- Bobby Fish vs Rocky Romero was pretty solid.

- Kyle O'Reilly vs Baretta was so effin' good! Both guys worked their asses off and put on a killer performance.

- KUSHIDA vs Mascara Dorada was a great, highly enjoyable contest. I knew this one was going to be a treat to watch, I'm ecstatic I wasn't disappointed.

- Gedo vs Taguchi was a pretty good ME.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
BOSJ Night 1 was a pretty darn good show.

- Jushin Thunder Liger vs Yohei Komatsu was a good match. They couldn't have kicked the tourney off in a better way... Komatsu attacked JTL before the match, then Liger gets pissed off and delivers a Brainbuster on the floor and damn near kills Komatsu. GOAT
From that point on, Komatsu was made the ultimate underdog, fighting off everything, I mean, he looked like a star. In the end, the veteran prevails by hitting a palm strike and a Brainbustaaaaah!

- Tiger Mask IV vs Nick Jackson was an okay match. There was some comedy and stuff, but the match was nothing special. Also, Nick paying tribute to Devitt by coming out to the ring on Cody's shoulders brought a smile to my face.

- Alex Shelley vs David Finlay was solid. Mr. Finlay's baby boy looked nice in his NJPW debut.

- Barbaro Cavernario vs Chase Owens was alright. While the match wasn't anything too mind-blowing, the highlights of it were Barbaro's whacky offence and that diving splash from the top rope to the floor. All I can say is that the right man's advanced.

- Goto, Makabe, Tanahashi, Shibata & Honma vs Nakamura, Ishii, Yano, Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI was a good match. Pumped to see the upcoming singles matches between all of these guys involved. Damn, Dominion can't come quick enough!

- Bobby Fish vs Rocky Romero was pretty solid.

- Kyle O'Reilly vs Baretta was so effin' good! Both guys worked their asses off and put on a killer performance.

- KUSHIDA vs Mascara Dorada was a great, highly enjoyable contest. I knew this one was going to be a treat to watch, I'm ecstatic I wasn't disappointed.

- Gedo vs Taguchi was a pretty good ME.
Where did you get the link dude?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
BOSJ Night Two 23/5/2015 Kuki City Gymnasium, Saitama:

• Kyle O’Reily and Bobby Fish def. Dorada and Jay White
  • Honma/Liger/Tiger Mask IV def. Captain New Japan/David Finley/Sho Tanaka
  • Block A: Ryusuke Taguchi def. Barbaro Cavernario
  • Kazuchika Okada and Barretta def. Yujiro Takahashi and Cody Hall
Sadly Alex Shelley suffered an injury in Night one and cannot compete today against Rocky Romero. It is unclear the extent of the injury and if Alex Shelley will be able to compete in the rest of the tournament.

• Block B: Nick Jackson def. KUSHIDA
  • Goto/Makabe/Tanahashi/Shibata def. Nakamura/Ishii/Yano/YOSHI-HASHI
Interesting start to the tournament with Gedo having four points going into the third day, hopefully Alex Shelley can continue as he is a contender for his block this year and hopefully the extent of the damage won’t keep him out of action for a while.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
BOSJ Night 3 Results:

Night 3 tournament matches:

* Baretta defeated Chase Owens via pinfall

* Mascara Dorada defeated David Finlay via pinfall

* Tiger Mask IV defeated Bobby Fish via pinfall

* Kyle O'Reilly defeated Jushin Thunder Liger via submission

Current standings:

Block A

* Kyle O'Reilly (2-0)

* Gedo (2-0)

* Jushin Thunder Liger (1-1)

* Ryusuke Taguchi (1-1)

* Bárbaro Cavernario (1-1)

* Baretta (1-1)

* Yohei Komatsu (0-2)

* Chase Owens (0-2)

Block B

* Tiger Mask IV (3-0)

* Bobby Fish (2-1)

* Máscara Dorada (2-1)

* KUSHIDA (2-1)

* Nick Jackson (2-1)

* Rocky Romero (1-1)

* David Finlay (1-1)

* Alex Shelley (1-6)- Eliminated from tournament, gets automatic losses for missed matches.