New CM Punk shirts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
The ones on eBay are still collector's items that can be sold for a fortune years from now.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
They are basically worthless (awesome shirts though, I mean as a collector's item). If the WWE never put them up for sale they would be, but now that there are gonna be thousands of them in arenas all over the country the "collector items" are basically worthless lmfao at the people who paid $300 for the damn shirts.

Reaction score
Yah, nothing to add here. Axis laughed for me. Wrestling collectibles aren't worth dick in general. I had my US title signed by like 8 former champs. Priceless to me, but worthless to everyone not into wrestling. You'd have to own something owned by Gorgeous George, Hulk Hogan, Rock or Austin, someone who transcended wrestling. CM Punk shit is as worthless today as it was 10 days ago, poor fool who dumped for that. RULE NO. 1 OF WRESTLING, IF A PERSON IS GIVEN THE TITLE BELT AND A NEW SHIRT, CHANCES ARE THAT THEY ARE COMING BACK.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I've heard that autographs in general aren't worth all that much just because it's so easy to forge them. However, if I owned one of those replica championship belts (have contemplated buying one tbh), as a fan I would love to get signatures of as many former champions I could, just for sentimental value.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Yah, nothing to add here. Axis laughed for me. Wrestling collectibles aren't worth dick in general. I had my US title signed by like 8 former champs. Priceless to me, but worthless to everyone not into wrestling. You'd have to own something owned by Gorgeous George, Hulk Hogan, Rock or Austin, someone who transcended wrestling. CM Punk shit is as worthless today as it was 10 days ago, poor fool who dumped for that. RULE NO. 1 OF WRESTLING, IF A PERSON IS GIVEN THE TITLE BELT AND A NEW SHIRT, CHANCES ARE THAT THEY ARE COMING BACK.

I didn't say today. Say if this storyline elevates Punk where he eventually is considered one of the people who "transcended wrestling" 10 years from now, the shirt original shirts are going to be worth a pretty penny to fans who collect memorabillia.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
But now with the WWE selling the shirts they are gonna be worth about as much as your old Austin WWF shirts now that the WWE is selling them again.

Suppy and demand 101.

Airfixx

Reaction score
But now with the WWE selling the shirts they are gonna be worth about as much as your old Austin WWF shirts now that the WWE is selling them again.

Suppy and demand 101.

As long as the item is IDENTICLE then yes you are correct, but if the shirts from MITB are different in any way (which it appears they are) then the 'collectability' remains.

If Punk becomes a mega-star for WWE, the shirt commemorating the night he 'arrived' could, as M3000 says, in time be one for the collectors.

That said, fuck $500! LOL

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Yeah, well I still don't think in 10 years, if Punk becomes some megastar they will be worth close to the $300-$500 they seem to be going for on eBay lmfao. I would pay maybe 30 for one of the Chicago shirts and that's a stretch.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
You don't collect wrestling memorabillia for a hobby. Right or wrong?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I do, but within my price range. DVDs/Blu Rays, a few figues and tshirts are basically the extent of my wrestling memorabilia collection. I don't get too crazy.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Blu Rays?

...Strictly speaking, that's simply buying current merchandise rather than collecting memorabilia...

A torn legit Hogan t-shirt from MSG 1984 would equate to being memorabilia for example.

My going into a music store and buying an old Beatles CD isn't collecting memorabilia regardless of the age of the recording.

Accumulating a number of items x or y is not the same thing as item z being deemed "collectable" (in this context at least).