Negative Feedback for Wade Barrett

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
The Cena retirement/fire angle could have given Barrett the edge needed, even temporarily

This was done with Triple H in 1999 when they first put their trust in him... it was rocky at first, but worked out.

Cena could've gotten some rest, come back and whatever. Instead Miz became champ and we got WM27

In hindsight, Barrett should have won the title carried it to Mania and lost it to Cena (Rock would still rock bottom him, though)

Hindsight be damned, I think most of us were calling for WB to get the belt and carry it to Mania. No offense to Miz, but he clearly got the reign that should have gone to Barrett

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Barrett got shafted in 2011.

Punk took over Nexus and all his heat was flamed out

His billing would have been higher and had he he moved to SD! could have feuded w/Christian and given him a better rub

The Orton feuded would have been miles hotter cause Barrett's heat would still be decent

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The only possible reason I have for Wade not getting the belt is because his matches with Orton stunk up the place. He had everything else but couldn't put on a main event caliber match. Miz wasn't great but he was the better choice from that perspective.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I suppose Vince fell in love w/the idea of Miz promoting the mania match w/motor mouth Miz

I'm not dogging Miz

Time will tell whether Cena/Barrett or Cena/Miz end up being having the greater legacy

Mania makes legacies. The best legacies are built on polar opposites creating magic in the ring

I'll withhold my opinion, until substantial evidence presents itself

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Barrett is equally good on the mic as Miz, both of them are probably the best in the WWE atm maybe behind Jericho.

Barrett in his nexus days was a poor worker, no doubt about that. I've been a fan of his since NXT, but even I can admit that. Even though he was a poor worker - he should have had the belt, the angle needed that and Barrett needed that.