Need Help Asap!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Ok my computer is completley FUCKED....heres how

I cannot use anything on my PC besides my internet browser..and the only way I can get that up is by going to My Computer and typing a website in the address bar....other than that I can click at anyhting on my desktop or any other program on the computer and it does not come up...one thing I can get up is my iTunes by going to my music and clicking a music file...but yeah besides that I cant get anything....also every so often I will turn my computer on and it will give me a countdown from 1 minute and it will tell me that something has an error and the computer will automatcially shut down..and I have no way to stop it...ALSO On my internet every site i go to that needs a flash player to view..I CANT VIEW IT..and when i "download" the new edition of flash nothing happens and I still cant view shit...If anyone has ANY fucking type of knowledge about how I can fix it or even a tip how to get other programs working please let me know....I was really relying on my computer this summer and now i dont even have that!! Plus i need some of these fucking programs and cant get shit...so someone please help!!!thanks

PeepShow

Do you have any virus protection? If you can still use the internet in some capacity, my guess is you more than likely might have a virus, so DL this.

http://www.kaspersky.com/

Scan and see if it helps. IDK if it will. Hope it helps. :/

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
yeah i just downloaded it and then clicked Run after it finished downloading and well...nothing....this is fucking BULLSHIT

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

See if this helps. I'm assuming you're using a modern windows machine.

1. About it shutting down after one minute because of an error. You probably have your system set to do that. To change it do the following: Go to start, control panel, open up sytem, click on the advanced tab, click on the settings tab for startup and recovery and uncheck Automatically restart under system failure. Since you're already in system properties go to the system restore tab and turn off sytem restore. This will prevent any nasties that were backed up from the most recent restore point from reappearing.

2. Get a hold of a good free AV and Spyware Scanner like Ad-Aware and AVG.

3. Reboot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking by holding down F8 to bring up the boot options menu and selecting the appropriate choice. See if you can open anything from there like notepad or another program.

4. Once in safe mode, attempt to install the Anti-spyware and antivirus program and have it do a complete scan which may take a while.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Thanks dude i may try some of that in a few...I tried the control panel thing and it didnt really work tho...but i posted this on a few big tech forums so im waiting for a responce on them..even though i honestly trust you guys more than i do them..thanks

btman

Reaction score
The way I get into safe mode is to reboot... After it shuts off and right when it starts up.. Keep hitting F8 until a screen pops up.

Then it will give you the option into going into safe mode. Click it with Networking.... And then DL Kaspersky.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I would say Viacom did it...but I did that at the other place...like I said over there

unplugg everything...for I say...a min..then plug it all back up

monkeystyle

Reaction score
See if this helps. I'm assuming you're using a modern windows machine.

1. About it shutting down after one minute because of an error. You probably have your system set to do that. To change it do the following: Go to start, control panel, open up sytem, click on the advanced tab, click on the settings tab for startup and recovery and uncheck Automatically restart under system failure. Since you're already in system properties go to the system restore tab and turn off sytem restore. This will prevent any nasties that were backed up from the most recent restore point from reappearing.

2. Get a hold of a good free AV and Spyware Scanner like Ad-Aware and AVG.

3. Reboot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking by holding down F8 to bring up the boot options menu and selecting the appropriate choice. See if you can open anything from there like notepad or another program.

4. Once in safe mode, attempt to install the Anti-spyware and antivirus program and have it do a complete scan which may take a while.

This should work, if not repair shop for you.

I would say Viacom did it...but I did that at the other place...like I said over there

unplugg everything...for I say...a min..then plug it all back up

Power cycling will not solve this problem. Unfortunately.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Ok....well after weeks of trying I finally figured something out...I right click the program....click run as...uncheck the box that says "Protect my computer and data from any unauthorized program activity" and the program comes up!!!! Im stoked!!

btman

Reaction score
Just wanted to say the official version of Kaspersky 2009 is out v .454

www.kaspersky.com

It's amazing! I downloaded it and so if you still have any issues... This new version has a vulnerability scanner and lots of stuff lol.