NCAA College Football 2011 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well folks, we're right about ready for the Bowl season to begin, so with that being said, lets get the discussion started as to what we expect from the games.

To start, I still am unsure whether Alabama really deserves to be in the BCS National Championship game, but they are so I can't do much about it. Anyone think they've got a shot at taking down LSU?

Reaction score
First, this BCS National Championship game proves that not every game matters, because now, LSU vs Bama part 1 has no meaning whatsoever. (Not that games actually matter anyway, but since it's what they like to tell themselves) Moving on, two days ago the best bowl of bowl season was played an won by Wisconsin-Whitewater, their third consecutive Stagg Bowl win. Granted their National Championship is actually sanctioned by the NCAA, and comes after a playoff where you actually earn your way into the National Championship game. It's such a novel concept, I wonder if any other sport would adopt something as radical and controversial as a "playoff"

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
BCS is about putting the "Best" two teams of the NCAA in the championship game. LSU vs. BAMA is the Legit best option because LSU kills OKST, Stanford or anyone else in the game. BAMA at least will make it a game.

BTW, is anyone watching the Military Bowl between Toledo and Air Force? Man this game is insane! Air Force scores from 32 yds out on a 4 and 2 play and then goes for two on a fake PAT! Toledo stops the two point attempt and goes on to win the game!

Reaction score
BCS is about putting the "Best" two teams of the NCAA in the championship game. LSU vs. BAMA is the Legit best option because LSU kills OKST, Stanford or anyone else in the game. BAMA at least will make it a game.

prove it.... oh wait, you can't.

And if you use some idiotic statement like OkSt lost to ISU and Stanford lost to Oregon, you'll prove you're as dumb as the SEC players.

Fun fact: Out of the ~160 scholarship players on LSU and Bama, only 44 would academically qualify in the Big Ten or Pac 12. I mean, I know the south only cares about football, and knowledge is for people without guns etc, etc, but seriously? SEC Schools can't even get their kids to graduate. It's an absolute mockery of "student-athletes"

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
prove it.... oh wait, you can't.

And if you use some idiotic statement like OkSt lost to ISU and Stanford lost to Oregon, you'll prove you're as dumb as the SEC players.

Fun fact: Out of the ~160 scholarship players on LSU and Bama, only 44 would academically qualify in the Big Ten or Pac 12. I mean, I know the south only cares about football, and knowledge is for people without guns etc, etc, but seriously? SEC Schools can't even get their kids to graduate. It's an absolute mockery of "student-athletes"

Nice insult on the South there. Guess thats what people do when they get mad because life doesn't go their way, get mad and throw out random shit that has nothing to do with the subject, lol. Want a titty to suck on, lol?

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Yeah! Big Blue represented winning the Sugar Bowl!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I won big on West Virginia last night. I knew they'd win the game but I didn't think they'd win by such a large margin. I'll say this, it was a great game if you were betting on them, not so much if you were down on Clemson.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I won big on West Virginia last night. I knew they'd win the game but I didn't think they'd win by such a large margin. I'll say this, it was a great game if you were betting on them, not so much if you were down on Clemson.

That was an excellent performance by West Virginia to say the least. There were several records broken last night.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That was an excellent performance by West Virginia to say the least. There were several records broken last night.

They really dominated on both sides, and scoring so many unanswered points in the second quarter just killed Clemson's momentum. A lot of games have you guessing which was the real better team, this one was never really in doubt. What do you think about the Cotton Bowl on Friday?

Reaction score
Did Swamps really just insinuate that the academic performance of academic institutions didn't matter? I mean really? Is this real life? After looking at the graduation rates, and GPA of student athletes, in the BCS conferences, I'm ashamed to be a college football fan. It's honestly pathetic, beyond pathetic even. These kids are getting a free education, while kids that actually want to do something with their lives, struggle to pay off debt for the rest of their lives. It's to the point where I almost don't think athletes should be on scholarship. The Big Ten is the best academic conference, and their student atheletes in the four major sports still only had a 3.2 GPA, the Pac 12 was second with a 3.0, Big XII was next at 2.9, ACC at 2.9, Big East at 2.5, and the SEC at 2.3.

The lowest academic performance below Division I FBS was SWAC at 2.9. This is a problem, and if you don't believe so, you're dumber than I thought.

BCS Bowl games have looked decent on paper this year, I attended the Wisconsin/Oregon Rose Bowl and it was a fantastic atmosphere, and the Ducks played well. I can't wait for this Pac12/B1G merger thingy to take place, I'd love to have Oregon, USC, ASU, OSU, Washington play in Camp Randall. Can't wait.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Did Swamps really just insinuate that the academic performance of academic institutions didn't matter? I mean really? Is this real life? After looking at the graduation rates, and GPA of student athletes, in the BCS conferences, I'm ashamed to be a college football fan. It's honestly pathetic, beyond pathetic even. These kids are getting a free education, while kids that actually want to do something with their lives, struggle to pay off debt for the rest of their lives. It's to the point where I almost don't think athletes should be on scholarship. The Big Ten is the best academic conference, and their student atheletes in the four major sports still only had a 3.2 GPA, the Pac 12 was second with a 3.0, Big XII was next at 2.9, ACC at 2.9, Big East at 2.5, and the SEC at 2.3.

The lowest academic performance below Division I FBS was SWAC at 2.9. This is a problem, and if you don't believe so, you're dumber than I thought.

BCS Bowl games have looked decent on paper this year, I attended the Wisconsin/Oregon Rose Bowl and it was a fantastic atmosphere, and the Ducks played well. I can't wait for this Pac12/B1G merger thingy to take place, I'd love to have Oregon, USC, ASU, OSU, Washington play in Camp Randall. Can't wait.

Um no I.didn't. Re-read my post. By the way, this thread is about Collge Football and not academics so, if you want to talk academics start another thread and we shall discuss it there.

Reaction score
College

Just wanna make sure that's in there, since you know, your academics determines your eligibility

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I know its college football. I'm not fucking stupid.