NBA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ALUX

Jobber
Reaction score
I'll still watch it. Even though it won't be as exciting.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen with my Lakers in the off-season. Will D-12 resign, do they get Phil?

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd watch Spurs/Pacers.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Even though I like Pacers better. I want Heat to win because I want Spurs to beat them. But I still think Heat will repeat. Hopefully not, though.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Dolph's is right. People should appreciate what a great team Miami Heat is. Especially since it won't last too long. Heat won't be winning titles next season or 2 seasons from now in their condition. Unless Pat Riley makes serious adjustments. If the bulls are healthy with a healthy Derrick Rose, the Pacers get a more capable point guard and trade George Hill. With D-Wade hurt like this and Chris Bosh not able to play like he's supposed to the Heat won't be the favorites to win it for the next 2 years.

But yeah, people should appreciate what a great team Heat is before they're gone. Although Spurs should be appreciated more than the Heat. Since they're more experienced, near retirement, and are in a small market so they don't get as much attention as Miami or LA would. Spurs can beat the Heat, despite the Heat having Lebron and being younger and more talented.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
How might you go about doing that if you were Melo? Knicks are stuck with both he and Amare. No team would trade for them at this point

Just saw this post. You can't force a trade. Kobe tried really hard to get traded after Shaq left and it didn't happen. In the end, whatever happens happens. But if I was Melo I'd tell the Knicks franchise to trade me. Whether they do it is up to them. I'd also talk to other teams and what not.

Lastly, I'd take a pay cut. Melo gets enough money for his sneaker line that he can do that. Do what Lebron did when he went to Miami to form the big three. Maybe go to Thunder and team up with Durant and EastBrook. Thunder would probably need to get rid of Ibaka and/or Martin. Melo would have to take a paycut, but he'd win championships. Unlike Miami Heat, the Thunder's stars are only 24 while Melo is 28. So it would be several years of dominance for the Thunder. Melo could also go to a team with no stars like Grizzlies or Pacers. He'd shine there.

ALUX

Jobber
Reaction score
I just don't see Melo asking to be traded. His dream was to play for NY and now he was to deliver. The problem lies with Amare, those two cannot co-exist. The Knicks tried to trade him last summer but couldn't find someone to take over his huge contract. If they can somehow find a way to trade him that would free up the Knicks to surround Melo with complimentary players.

About Melo joining OKC, that’s never going to happen. Yes LeBron took a paycut to play with Wade and Bosh (I don't believe their the Big 3) but he's still making over 100 million dollars. No way OKC can afford even if they get rid of Ibaka. Can you imagine Wesbtrook, Durant and Melo on the same team, no way. No way Melo gives us being the number 1 option.

ALUX

Jobber
Reaction score
Dolph's is right. People should appreciate what a great team Miami Heat is. Especially since it won't last too long. Heat won't be winning titles next season or 2 seasons from now in their condition. Unless Pat Riley makes serious adjustments. If the bulls are healthy with a healthy Derrick Rose, the Pacers get a more capable point guard and trade George Hill. With D-Wade hurt like this and Chris Bosh not able to play like he's supposed to the Heat won't be the favorites to win it for the next 2 years.

But yeah, people should appreciate what a great team Heat is before they're gone. Although Spurs should be appreciated more than the Heat. Since they're more experienced, near retirement, and are in a small market so they don't get as much attention as Miami or LA would. Spurs can beat the Heat, despite the Heat having Lebron and being younger and more talented.

I never believed in the Heat being the Big 3 with LeBron, Wayde and Bosh. Bosh is barely an All-Star and Wayde is nowhere near the player he was when he won Finals MVP. LeBron makes them the Big 3.

If Wayde play like we’re used to and Bosh does his thing, the Heat have at least two more years to win a Championship.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Melo is not going to leave NY. Let's just stop that conversation now. Amare will probably get dealt(If anyone wants him) Melo wanted badly to go to NY and asked for the trade from denver to NY. He is coming off one of his best seasons(if not his best) as a pro. He's not going anywhere.... How is this even a conversation?

ALUX

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm getting old...everybody I watched when I was growing up is retired (except Kobe and Tim Duncan)