NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

His salary is ridiculous but that has more to do with Chicago.

...Okay? You found a picture of Dwight wearing a Lakers hat. Want a fucking cookie? If the Nuggets got all of that shit for 'Melo, the Lakers would have to pay out of their ass for Dwight, especially since he's better than 'Melo & outstanding bigs are much harder to come across than scoring SFs.
The Lakers aren't the Knicks. Check how they got Kareem, Scott, Kobe, Shaq, and Pau. They were lucky to have the Jazz's pick for Magic, but the rest of the guys they wanted and got at a price they wanted.

If it isn't LA, the Bulls will be the ones beating on the door for him.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

The beautiful thing is, if Orlando doesn't trade Dwight to LA, he can't go there at all. I'd rather have him leave in free agency with no compensation whatsoever than trade him to LA for a worthless C.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Just because the recent precedent is bailing on the team that made you rich doesn't mean everybody has to/wants to.
He just called out this group of players as well for not showing up, like he did the last group that was traded. Dwight is going to get tired of carrying them when they can't defend, rebound, or even score that well without him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

The beautiful thing is, if Orlando doesn't trade Dwight to LA, he can't go there at all. I'd rather have him leave in free agency with no compensation whatsoever than trade him to LA for a worthless C.
In short, you would be okay with Shaq 2.0 where they got nothing for him. I think they would take Bynum before looking like fools again after 1996. Maybe it would hurt to much to watch another great Magic C reach his peak with LA and win titles, but I doubt they wouldn't want something in return for him after the Shaq debacle.

SAL

Reaction score

This is a solid point. If Orlando can't win a title with Howard, the same team won't win shit with Bynum, and in a weird way they might be better off getting nothing and blowing it all up.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

If he walks for nothing let it be to BK

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Bynum would do absolutely nothing for this team. If Dwight does indeed leave, I'd rather completely start over. Dump the 1-4 offense (and probably SVG) and if Otis doesn't do anything to improve the team by then, him too.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Bynum is not the picture of health, but he has anchored the best defensive and rebounding team in the playoffs the last two postseasons statistically on one leg. He can't be an iron man like Dwight, but he would be about as good of a sub as you can get on that end of the floor with an offensive game to boot. I admit it is in small stretches, but without Pau in the lineup and as the primary postup big he scores and does so efficently.

I doubt he would work in the 1-4 O though since he is used to hitting cutters instead of shooters for most of his career

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Sal, do you think Jeff Green will be the James Posey replacement that the Celtics hope he will be?

SAL

Reaction score

i dunno

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

I'm wondering if Gerald Wallace is gonna be the Brandon Roy replacement after he hangs it up in the next couple years because if so I think they jumped on him too early. I'm not real sure how this roster is gonna do right now. Should be interesting to watch.

I also wonder if Wallace comes off the bench how he will take it because the last Wallace Portland had didn't like coming off the bench at all.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Gearld starts at PF and Aldridge at C.

Roy, Rudy, and Camby all come off the bench

SAL

Reaction score

Gearld starts at PF and Aldridge at C.

Roy, Rudy, and Camby all come off the bench

They could mess around with Batum at the 2, go Andre/Batum/Gerald/LA/Camby and wreak havoc on defense.

SAL

Reaction score

I've criticized Melo plenty, but here's a different tack. Everyone criticized LeBron, Bosh, and Wade (mostly LeBron) for coming together. But they all took less money (I know, not a lot less) to do it. Carmelo Anthony, on the other hand, had the option of going to NY in free agency next year and possibly giving up some money (if the new CBA lowered max contracts, or did rollbacks, or whatever). Instead, he forced the trade through so he could sign the max contract, get the most money, and hurt NY's chances of adding another superstar. Why hasn't this been talked about?