NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

If Brooks played like he did last year then yes very happy about that trade. Both of these guys have been letdowns this year though but yeah Brooks fits in perfectly I really like that deal.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Didn't Jeff Green get them Ray Allen and Big Baby years ago?

SAL

Reaction score

The Celtics are 3-0 against Miami this year, and healthy Perk was available for 0 of those games. I know that's just the regular season, but that's something. The Celtics got themselves a super-sub at the 3/4, and a guy who can play big minutes if/when KG or Pierce gets hurt. The defense takes a hit, but some combination of Shaq, JO, Semih, and Krstic can be a serviceable center.

What I don't like about it is that it's inconsistent with everything else Boston has done. All the vets come off the cap in 2 years, save for Pierce. They were playing for right now. So why trade Perkins, the better fit on this team, just because you're worried about him not signing an extension? Maybe they know something we don't about his knees, but he had been fairly effective since coming back. I have to stew on this one a little longer and see how this roster plays together.

SAL

Reaction score

Didn't Jeff Green get them Ray Allen and Big Baby years ago?

Yes. The #5 in 2007, Delonte, and something else for Allen and the #30-something. Funny enough, Delonte came back to Boston too.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Seems like every team is just shook about players leaving them and them not getting nothing in return. Even in the case of Perk too which is sad.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

OKC was going to offer their cap space to Perk anyway according to ESPN, so they bit the bullet now like the Nuggets with Melo and New York.

Baller

Reaction score

The Celtics are 3-0 against Miami this year, and healthy Perk was available for 0 of those games. I know that's just the regular season, but that's something. The Celtics got themselves a super-sub at the 3/4, and a guy who can play big minutes if/when KG or Pierce gets hurt. The defense takes a hit, but some combination of Shaq, JO, Semih, and Krstic can be a serviceable center.

What I don't like about it is that it's inconsistent with everything else Boston has done. All the vets come off the cap in 2 years, save for Pierce. They were playing for right now. So why trade Perkins, the better fit on this team, just because you're worried about him not signing an extension? Maybe they know something we don't about his knees, but he had been fairly effective since coming back. I have to stew on this one a little longer and see how this roster plays together.

It just doesn't make much sense at all. Obviously they feel Delonte can handle nate's duties which is fine. but why trade Perk, he has never lost a playoff series when the starting 5 was all healthy. You need to hope your centers stay healthy because Shaq and JO havent been healthy at all. Jeff Green and kristic have little playoff experience and won't help them win right now.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

OKC got a pretty damn good front court now.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Yes. The #5 in 2007, Delonte, and something else for Allen and the #30-something. Funny enough, Delonte came back to Boston too.

Thanks. All you need is Wally to come back. Do you think Boston extends Green since he as free agent after this year?

Deron said he was happy to be a Net now after talking to Prok because they actually want him and are willing to spend big to build around him.

Baller

Reaction score

If Perk stays healthy come playoff time, I could see OKC making a run this year for Western conference finals.

SAL

Reaction score

It wouldn't have made sense for Boston to sign Perkins to a too-big contract, I completely get that.

Green's in his 4th year. Does OKC's right to make a qualifying offer transfer to Boston? If so, then Green's locked up for next year, and things make a little more sense in the context of Boston's 2-year window with its veterans.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

If Perk stays healthy come playoff time, I could see OKC making a run this year for Western conference finals.
I wouldn't want LA to play them fuckers. Kobe really limits Westbrook and Artest really limits Durant, but Perk really limits Gasol and Ibaka really limits Odom.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Actually, I'm very happy Perk's out of the East. Thanks!

OKC is filled with defensive bigs who can's score for shit (Perkins, Ibaka, Mohammed, Collison, etc)

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

It wouldn't have made sense for Boston to sign Perkins to a too-big contract, I completely get that.

Green's in his 4th year. Does OKC's right to make a qualifying offer transfer to Boston? If so, then Green's locked up for next year, and things make a little more sense in the context of Boston's 2-year window with its veterans.
Yeah you get his bird rights in the deal because he was a first round pick on a rookie contract, which is why teams are going after Mayo so hard