NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

The problem with that argument is that the Grizzlies and Blazers are significantly better with Aldridge and Randolph on the court as opposed to off of it, whereas Love's net impact of being on/off the floor is fourth on his whole team.
Well we don't really know if the Wolves are worse off with Love or not since we haven't really seen them play without him. For all we know they could be winless with him. Anyways though best solution I think a lot of us could agree on is that they add make more spots.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Do you argue with this?

The point I'm making is that Love's impact is negligible when you take into account that he isn't even the guy who completely swings the net production of his team by being in and out of games. He is not a great defender. He is not a guy who commands a double team. He is not even a guy who has helped his team win close to 20 games despite his team having talent.

As injury riddled as the Blazers are, Love has comparable talent. With Mayo out of the rotation, Love has comparable talent. Ridnour is having his best year and it is comparable to the production of Miller and Conley. Beasley as the perimeter scoring threat is surely comparable to Matthews and Gay. Even the C's are comparable since Darko is having his best year, while Marc is having a down one and the Blazers can't keep one healthy.

He just isn't getting the job done as the star big.

----
I agree with the fact that it needs to be 15 man teams

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

You make a good point which is why I said I'm not saying L.A or Z-Bo don;t deserve it because they do as they have been impressive in their own right. That said I believe Love is impressive in his own right as well and don't feel you could have gone wrong picking any of those 3 men.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Samardo Samuels is a piece of shit. Fuckin smurf deserves a Tech against him as well as being fined and maybe a one game suspension.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Who is that, lol.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

This goes with my argument earlier but on CST's Hornets Tonight, Monty Williams said that the other 13 western coaches (remember Rambis can't vote for his player) votes for the guys who didn't make the all star team were:

- Aldridge
- Randolph / Nash
- Odom / Parker / Monta / Love

In that order because they all agreed on the fact that while his stas were historic, they didn't lead or help his team to actually win games. Aldridge probably was told that behind closed doors which likely led to that response he made about not being selected.

Stern obviously just went with numbers and a business decision, but it was interesting to hear that from a coach and gain some perspective on what made Aldridge open his mouth publicly.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Who is that, lol.

Guy that broke Dante Cunningham's face earlier tonight.

This goes with my argument earlier but on CST's Hornets Tonight, Monty Williams said that the other 13 western coaches (remember Rambis can't vote for his player) votes for the guys who didn't make the all star team were:

- Aldridge
- Randolph / Nash
- Odom / Parker / Monta / Love

In that order because they all agreed on the fact that while his stas were historic, they didn't lead or help his team to actually win games. Aldridge probably was told that behind closed doors which likely led to that response he made about not being selected.

Stern obviously just went with numbers and a business decision, but it was interesting to hear that from a coach and gain some perspective on what made Aldridge open his mouth publicly.

Not shocking. Monty did work for Portland last year and saw him play 75 games or whatever it was.

Awesome that the coaches know who rightly deserves to be in the All Star Game even though the idiot known as David Stern won't acknowledge it.

SAL

Reaction score

I love the idea that Kevin Love gets punished because his team is so terrible that he can't will them to [whatever the right number of wins is to make people happy] even with his historic contributions.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

That's what I'm saying the guy is obviously doing his part and then some not his fault that his team overall sucks. Team could be winless without him for all we know. All I know is he is obviously not the reason they are losing as he is putting up as good of numbers you could ask from a guy like him.

SAL

Reaction score

He did the same thing last year in the playoffs, lowering his head and knocking himself out. I want to say it was Dwight Howard, and Quis hurt himself running right into his chest. Eerie.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

He wasn't knocked out, though. He was conscious, and they said it was a neck injury. Maybe he's faking an injury to get his team to rally, and he'll return in the 2nd half. Yeah, that's it.

SAL

Reaction score

The comeback would be much more effective if it were done from the hospital, I agree.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Sports science segment thing is always kind of cool. Made Ray's already awesome shot look even better

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Somebody take a shot at explaining to me why a guy who scores 42 points and grabs 8 rebounds against the Chicago Bulls is not in the All Star game.