NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Baller

Reaction score
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

But think of it for David Stern, Minnesota can actually get more attention and may now get more fans in the area to come out and support just to see Love. The dude is a stud. Love deserved not only for his numbers, but also can help get the support from Minnesota, as well as some national attention.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Yeah I totally get why Stern would do that since they are trying to finance a new arena and bump up attendance.

I just don't like that Aldridge an Randolph go without praise for actually helping their teams win games while stat stuffing. Of course one guy could get in if Melo is moved out the conference, but I don't even know how that would work selection wise (I'd assume Stern would pick again).

Baller

Reaction score

PSYCH can you please answer a VM once in a while

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Aldridge should be on the All Star Team. The fact he is not is bullshit. Apparently nobody saw him drop 40 points on the best team in the league last week.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Did it. For some reason your last VM showed no notification so I didn't see it.

SAL

Reaction score

Punk ass selection. The numbers merit it but the actual impact behind them are meaningless when all you have is 11 wins, while Aldridge and Randolph are actually helping their teams win and making an impact. Good for Love though to get to play in LA since he is a former Bruin

Numbers are meaningless? Impact is important? Which one of these is the objective measurement, and which one is the thing you make up to justify an Odom argument?

15 REBOUNDS A GAME. "Punk ass." LOL

KLOVE

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

The man did something someone hasn't done in year getting 30 rebounds in one game. That shit was pretty much unheard of nowadays. I don't care what the record is to get 15 boards a game with 20 per to boot gets my vote. That said it does suck that Z-Bo was left out as he is having an amazing season himself but still.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Numbers mean something. Again. LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE. THE BIG BLACK GUY ON PORTLAND. HE SCORED 40 POINTS ON THE BEST TEAM IN THE NBA. SHOULD WARRANT AN ALL STAR SPOT. But since David Stern is a nazi he chose some jackoff playing for Minnesota.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

"It just shows there's a lot of politics in it, man," Aldridge said of Stern's choice. "It's not about leading your team to victories or about making your team better, it's about stats. "First of all, I have nothing against Kevin Love, he is a really good player," Aldridge said. "But I thought All-Star was about making your team better, making your record better. Keeping your team in the right direction. That's the way it has always been in the past. But now I know: It's about stats, not record."
:markout: tell em Aldridge. Hell Zach deserves to say the same thing.

@ Sal - I said I wished Odom was the selection by Stern but not that he should be. The only argument I made was for him over Pau and why he the other PFs should all be valued over Love

@ Mak
- Player A averages 18pts and 7asts while being a better defensive player at his position and leading his team to the best record in the league
- Player B averages 17pts and 11 asts while shooting 50/40/90 from the field but as the primary option and highest usage rate player on his team has led his team to the 10th place record out west.

Who deserves the nod in that comparison even though the offensive numbers and assists are skewed to favor one player?

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

LA gonna get fined for those comments but its not like it matters. He's speaking the truth and anybody with half a brain could see that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Let me say this and you guys can try to debunk it, but the actual impact versus stats argument comes down to this for me:

The way I see it you can use the MVP argument to turn them down. Just because Kobe averages 35, 5, and 5 didn't offset the fact that he was on the 7th seed in the west. Just because Love averages 20 and 15 doesn't offset the fact that he is on the worst team in the conference and only won 11 games out of almost 50.

I've even heard the argument made that Melo isn't valuable because he is a scorer mainly, but at the end of the day the actual impact of his scoring and rebounding has resulted in his teams never having a losing record or missing the playoffs. The actual impact behind Love's 20 and 15 is negligible when you look at the actual win column, not win shares, but the actual win column and seeding where he hardly makes a dent in despite this league being the one where an individually dominant player can will his team into winning games on most nights in the regular season. If you laugh at a team like the Cavs and label them as having no star and just role players and garbage, then you conversely need to do the same for the Wolves when their record being led by Love isn't that much better than them at all

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Like I said before imo being an all star to me isn't a team driven thing as this isn't like winning the MVP award which actually is about being valuable and where what your team is doing actually should totally matter. Now if it came down to two guys who had similar numbers (This is in reference to when you brought up Jamison the other day having similar numbers to some all stars) and you had to pick one then that is where I can see team impact coming into play. But when a guy is putting up historic numbers it's hard to ignore even if the team he happens to be on sucks. I'm not saying L.A or def Z-Bo don't deserve as they are all worthy of the spot just saying I can see why Love got it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

The problem with that argument is that the Grizzlies and Blazers are significantly better with Aldridge and Randolph on the court as opposed to off of it, whereas Love's net impact of being on/off the floor is fourth on his whole team.