NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I like how John I woureland said, Matt Barnes said he would lay his ass out if he tries some shit on Christmas (Y)

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Never seen two players more talented, yet stupid like Cousins and Reke

Killswitch

Reaction score

Blazers are in their first 6 game losing streak in the Brandon Roy era. They are all over the map, they take Boston to the final minute, and lose to New Jersey, Philly and Washington. Blazer fans were calling for McMillan's head after the playoffs last year, but now it's getting REALLY bad. Nate started his press conference tonight by saying "they aren't listening to me", so obviously it's the players fault and not his horrible offensive system.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

That streak ended last night.

I'd like to say :lmao @ the NBA for suspending Andre Miller and doing nothing to Baron Davis.

If the idiots would look at the video tape footage they would clearly see that after Craig Smith pushed down Joel Przybilla and Nicolas was going to help up Joel that Baron Davis was grabbing Nicolas Batum's jersey and pushing him around for no reason at all.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

That streak ended last night.

I'd like to say :lmao @ the NBA for suspending Andre Miller and doing nothing to Baron Davis.

If the idiots would look at the video tape footage they would clearly see that after Brian Cook pushed down Joel Przybilla and Nicolas was going to help up Joel that Baron Davis was grabbing Nicolas Batum's jersey and pushing him around for no reason at all.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

So does your mom.

Here video evidence that Baron Davis is a piece of shit.

http://www.nba.com/games/20101205/LACPOR/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000301#

1:31 and 1:38 if you look at Nicolas Batum you can see Davis grabbing his jersey and pushing him for no reason. Fuckin dumbass officials. Piece of shit David Stern. Every other NBA associate is a jackoff.

SAL

Reaction score

He's French. I'm fine with it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_792306.html

NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans Hornets owner George Shinn has agreed to sell the club to the NBA and the transaction could be completed within a couple days, according to a person familiar with the decision.

The league has lined up New Orleans-born sports attorney Jac Sperling, vice chairman of the NHL's Minnesota Wild, to be the NBA's administrator of the team and oversee its sale to a more permanent owner, the person told The Associated Press on Sunday on condition of anonymity because the move hasn't been publicly announced.

Current Hornets President Hugh Weber will continue overseeing day-to-day operations of what will be the first NBA team to be owned by the league, the person said.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank Sunday declined to comment on the sale.

Shinn has been in negotiations to sell the team to minority owner and Louisiana native Gary Chouest since last spring, but talks have been stalled for months.

Chouest, who owns 35 percent of the team, runs a business that supplies vessels to the gulf oil industry. Recently, he has become concerned about his ability to run his family business while taking over the Hornets, said the person who confirmed the NBA's planned purchase of the club.

It remained unclear on Sunday night if Chouest would keep his stake in the club if the NBA took over, or if he could be lured back to the table once the team is in the NBA's hands.

Chouest has not responded to repeated calls to his office and e-mails requesting comment on the matter since he first entered negotiations to buy Shinn's majority shares of the team.

Attendance for Hornets games has been lower than the club hoped, despite a 13-7 record. Through 10 home games, average attendance has been 13,865.

If it doesn't pick up, the Hornets could have the right to break their lease at the New Orleans Arena after this season. The lease runs through 2014, but the team is allowed to break it if average attendance falls below 14,735 during a two-year period.

The club would have to notify the state of any intent to end the lease by March 31, 2011. However, the person who spoke to The AP about the sale said the league wants the Hornets to remain in New Orleans.

First-year Hornets coach Monty Williams said before Sunday night's Hornets game at San Antonio that he talked to players about the potential sale, but insisted it wouldn't be a distraction during what has been one of the better starts in franchise history.

Williams said he did not know the details of the planned sale and added that he did not want to know.

"I've heard speculation since I've been in New Orleans," Williams said. "It's not news to me."

After the game, 109-84 loss that marked the Hornets' sixth setback in eight games, forward David West called the team's ownership situation "a mess."

"During the summer we felt it was going one way, and I guess things started changing," West said. "Who knows, it'll be an experience, I would imagine, for us, the coaching staff and all parties involved."

Hornets star guard Chris Paul said he didn't want to allow ownership matters to become a distraction.

"I'm trying to figure out how we got beat so bad right now by the Spurs," Paul said. "I control what I can control. That's how our team plays."

The Hornets have been based in the Big Easy since Shinn, the club's founder, moved them from Charlotte in 2002. However, the team played most of its home games in Oklahoma City for two seasons from 2005-07 because of Hurricane Katrina.

The 69-year-old Shinn was diagnosed last year with prostate cancer, which he said has been treated successfully. He decided after that experience that he wanted to move on from NBA ownership and instead focus on his faith and on charitable efforts to promote the fight against cancer.

How can it work with the NBA actually owning a team?

SAL

Reaction score

Bud Selig's family owns the Milwaukee Brewers, and nobody seems to care.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

To be fair it is baseball, the third most popular sport in the states. We are also talking about Milwaukee, which is unimportant (waits for Ben) :side:

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

I'd like to emphasize the stupidity of the NBA for suspending Andre Miller.

Guy plays 632 consecutive games for their organization and how do they repay him? By suspending him. And for what?

Exactly.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I didn't catch what they said during the game so wasn't quite sure what made Dre miss the game I just kept hearing them mentioning his games streak. That's pretty fucked up what was the it about?

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Excessive and unnecessary contact on Blake Griffin at some point on Sunday but the footage was never shown so I still don't know what contact they are speaking of.

Not to mention it can't be anything like the contact between Baron Davis and Nicolas Batum (two seperate times) or Rudy Fernandez and Craig Smith.