NBA Lockout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This lockout has been going on for months now and there is no end in sight. The squabble is about splitting the revenue between the players and the owners. Each side wants more than 50% of the billions of offer. The previous deal was 57% for the players and 43% for the teams but last season 22 of the 30 teams lost money so obviously this deal isn't working.

I can't believe that the players are holding out for more money when most of them are earning millions a season even when they are a bench player. Surely it is more important for the teams to survive?

I would say that a 50/50 deal should be fair because honestly the players can take a pay cut and it is more important that the teams they play for survive.

So far two weeks have been cut from the season and it looks like more will disappear.

What are your thoughts on the lockout and what split of revenue do you think would be fair?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't believe that these two sides can't agree on a deal. All they are doing is turning the fans against the players and the teams.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As a non fan I can only hope that it last until we get a Replacements type of thing going on in real life that would entertain the hell out of me.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Honestly... I'm to the point that I could careless if they come to a deal. This is beyond ridiculous. They are on hold because the players want a 52-48 split and will not drop even a little below 52 while the owners are good for a 50-50 split.

This is pathetic if you ask me. There is no honor in this damn sport. It's damn greed by both sides. 2 freakin percent is going to be the downfall of the nba. We got games cancelled all through November cause neither side wants to give up their precious 2 percent. Get the **** over yourselves and make the damn deal. Just lookin like a bunch of whiny penises about this deal. It's to the point I don't even wanna watch it cause the greed here is unbelievable.

I mean look at the nfl. Yeah they lost training camp and the preseason... but you still get a FULL SEASON! The season is what is important. The preseason is really just to let the rookies test the waters. The nba ... pathetic. I hope they don't make a deal and the entire season is cancelled. Yeah that'll hurt a lot of guys that don't deserve it like the stadium workers... but this is just complete sadness on the nba and it shedding such an ugly light on things.

Completely pathetic.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I for one could care less either way Just makes way for other sports. It'll be unique to see what ESPN does with it's time.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
TV schedules are gonna be messed up. Lives are definitely gonna be screwed up. Lives beyond the players and owners. Its like all they are thinking about is themselves and how many millions they can make. What about the custodians that clean up at the arenas? What about all those other people that rely on those jobs through the season to put food on the table.

fuck the nba.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Put something in their instead fill the stands with something else time for Vince to start the XBA Basketball as played by the rival drug dealers.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The XBA would fail quicker than the XFL... although I kinda liked the XFL. Well I liked the Outlaws. But other than that... it needed more WWE guys. hmmm...

come on Vince... make the XBA. :D

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
NBA lockout is dragging on longer than I thought.

Some Superstars are doing exhibition games in Australia, tempted to go watch. I like watching basketball.

I might... But I do miss the NBA Season, ONEHD is looking like a freakin' drama channel right now.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think where the XFL would be if the NFL had gone on strike that year. I mean sure they had several screw ups but that's because they were on TV right out of the gate that was just dumb. How many former XFL guys went to the NFL

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
They went and they were pretty daggone good too. XFL had some talented people playing. XBA could do the same too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Seems like another two weeks are gone and there is no chance of a full season anymore. Players say they went down from 57-43 to 52-48 and won't move anymore. Surely a 50-50 split is the fairest deal to ensure that their clubs survive. Again this is turning fans against the players and teams and I can't believe that they have let it drag on this long. Like Slim said this costs a lot of others money, all the people that work at the stadiums will have less work and all because players and owners are fighting over billions of dollars.

This is only going to help the sports it competes against.