NBA 2K Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

shutupchico

Reaction score
Re: NBA 2K11 Thread

it was one day, i've had a lot of success with this current team. my offense has improved 10 fold. my d hasn't, but it would be fine if i wasn't going up against all 99's. i'm not upset, i would just prefer to stay at pg, and i'm pretty sure the other 2 would say the same if they had to make a choice. a lot of times i don't pass it to you because i worry about your shot selection. that's a pet peeve of mine, when i see u taking contested shots, or passing up wide open ones to drive into china, it makes me wanna throw my controller. don't get me wrong, i also wanna throw my controller when i'm getting beat on d. and like u said, it was one night, why would we make a change? what we could start doing is run crew games in 2's. i'll play with ga or mak, and u play with ga or mak. a lot of crews do that. we don't have to do that either, but i think i should stay at pg.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

What happened with the KD game? I drop 12 straight and you open up the qtr missing 3 straight and give me one look that whole quarter?

I'm not taking your PG role from you except on one end. I don't want to handle the ball, make the play, or decide who gets it. That is what I'm saying. I just want a small 2 gm shot to defend em when Melo's cursor isn't stuck on the SF/SG and being forced to turn turn to them whenever you lock on 3 point defensive stance with L2. Not trying to cause trouble at all.

To be honest the only reason I passed up some shots is that I only run half the wheel route and get the ball instead of doing the cutback, but that is probably my fault for confusing you since their is a jab and misdirect when using shot stick off the ball.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Like I said it's chico's position and if he wants to stay at the PG spot then cool. Which speaking of positions I personally like playing at PF better but if need be I'm cool with playing SF sometimes. Also not for the whole running in 2's deal we've won with us all playing together. We don't need to do this whole pointing the finger at one thing saying this why we lost deal. Like chico said PSYCH you were taking some contested shots and that can throw things out of wack. I know you want to be the main scorer but we have to go for the best shot possible every play.

As far as taking layups in the paint when people are in there half the time its either me trying to put it back up with a dunk or get to the line. But I will try to take it out to reset or do what I did a few times yesterday and get out of there then just slash back in with more space to dunk or draw a foul.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Fair enough..

Still say that you two were guilty of bad shots as well in the OKC game where you both fired up about 10 shots between you and ignored the hot hand for a whole 4th quarter and got us down in a big hole unnecessarily.

Whatever though since I admit to taking some bad shots, but lets be real here I take far less shots now in favor of you guys shooting more. I'll try to shoot more open ones, but in turn don't give me all the percentage busters against the clock or expect me to automatically hit when down 8-10 with a minute or so left which is where 5 or 6 of my shots on this second team are coming. I had a much better rhythm on team 1 as to when I was going to get the ball

shutupchico

Reaction score

i don't know what you're talking about dropping 12 straight and me missing 3 straight. when u take good shots, i look to get u the ball, when u start taking bad shots and shooting us out of games i'l admit i may overlook u, and start looking for my own and maks offense more. i'm just tired of passing it to u when you're wide open and u end up making the shot ten times tougher on yourself by either running behind the 3 point line, or driving. when u take higher percentage shots like u were doing with durant i look to u more. you're shooting 36% right now, with a 3 efficiency, so u shouldn't be complaining about touches too much. i'm at 10 efficiency(48% shooting) so that's part of the reason i'm looking for my offense more, it's been working.. i remember u being hot with durant and i kept feeding u till u did something crazy then i went back to distributing normally. i think that's one key thing though. whichever one of us has it going, we need to keep getting that person shots till they miss. that's why i kept shooting when i was making shots, not to hog, but cuz i wasn't missing. i eventually felt guilty and passed with the hot hand and things went down after that. i don't think i take bad shots at all. bad d at times yea, bad gambles yea, stop trying at times yea, bad shots no.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Last OKC game. I scored 10 straight to end the third and my only 4th quarter shot to make it 12. You and Mak took the next couple of shots in the 7pt game and we then went down double digits. Didn't get a touch or look at all the rest of the quarter besides taking it out of bounds.

There was nothing crazy at the time besides you trying that scoop layup twice back to back in that game during the 4th (3-13 game for reference) and not ever giving me the ball once again. I posted up with KD and went to work as long as I had space. I finished 5-10 in that game.

Ride the hot hand. If it is you, shoot the damn ball and say fuck passing at the moment. If it is Mak give him the ball so he can shoot the damn ball and dunk on fools. If it is me give me the ball and space to shoot the damn ball instead of trying to set a pick when I'm posting up or standing behind me and the guy I'm posting up while bringing your defender over. In case it is GA get on the phone and purchase some good insurance because you know the world is ending :p

shutupchico

Reaction score

i laughed there at the ga line. i don't set many picks for u because i remember u said u don't like them. me personally, i like the picks, they free me up, and free the picker up usually.

shutupchico

Reaction score

i really don't remember this 10 straight thing without getting touches after. do u mak? if that happened my bad, but there must have been some jr smith offense from u in there to sotp getting the ball

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Oh yeah I'm not saying I didn't take some bad shots cause I did and it was my fault. Probably should have got the ball to you more when you were hot the same time though we can't get caught up in who is getting touches and try to be the hero by ourselves. Times we've won is when we played as a team and making sure the guy who was set up for the best possible shot got the ball.

PSYCH pointed it out during the game a few times that we also need to chill as I think I've come to the conclusion that we are a half court team rather than a run and gun team which is cool we just need to roll with that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

i laughed there at the ga line. i don't set many picks for u because i remember u said u don't like them. me personally, i like the picks, they free me up, and free the picker up usually.
Honestly in some games that's where most of yours and mine offense comes from is me freeing you up with the picks and you either got a wide open shot or I'm wide open for a dunk. We won like 3 straight games together like that if I recall right so I don't see picks being a bad thing at all.

i really don't remember this 10 straight thing without getting touches after. do u mak? if that happened my bad, but there must have been some jr smith offense from u in there to sotp getting the ball
I don't think it was some 10 straight but there was a stretch there where he didn't get any shots.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Yeah when we try to be the SSOL or Showtime team we look more like Cleveland without LeBron. In the half court we are crisp but in the open court we all get out of whack as a unit sometimes we throw it away, sometimes we end up running next to one another, I take a bad 3 because I'm stuck in the corner after I come to a stop, or someone gets one of you guys with a bull shit off the ball charge.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I like picks at the top of the floor, but on the baseline/elbow when I have a guy sealed that is an easy double for teams running a 1-3-1 (we really need to work on busting that particular D).

On the top of the floor, sure since I can use iso motion but in the post, I like to be able to have room for the drop step/shake/up n under options to get teams in trouble. A pick takes away a spin direction and the defender of the guy setting the pick if it is the computer also limits the action zone.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Yeah we just are a bad run and gun team unless we do it when needed. Maybe one day we can be a good run n gun team but meantime half court offense is what we are.

On another note me and chico just did a crew game and dominated for a easy win. Seems like anytime it's just me and chico he doesn't get put up against 99 pg's then at night is when they all come out :lol:

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score

r we playing tonight

And fuck off. You guys know you laugh every time I hit a jump shot or go on a hot streak. I know I do. And Turiaf is good for at least 1 fall down/shove down charge a game.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Does anyone ever have the problem with their player on the break that he stops in the corner and has no dribble? Melo tends to get stuck in that fucking corner with no dribble on the break for same damn reason.