NBA 2017/2018 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Idk how many basketball fans we got lingering this place but I felt the need to start this thread because I fucking love basketball, and like to discuss it. I'm a Rockets fan through and through. James Harden brings me indescribable joy, and we've added CP3, one of my other favorite players, so the season's looking promising. Anyways there's lots to discuss. Will Russ, Melo and Paul George lift the Thunder to a Western Conference Finals? Will Lonzo Ball live up to the hype in his rookie campaign? Can Giannis swoop in to win MVP? Please someone talk about the NBA with me..

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Lol. Not really watching but trying to keep up with news and highlights. Still, as I'm not American I don't follow much.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Lol. Not really watching but trying to keep up with news and highlights. Still, as I'm not American I don't follow much.
Well I can tell you this season is looking like it will be even more exciting than last year's historic season. I feel like there's more competition and a lot of the young guys like Giannis, Towns and Embiid are looking poised to reach the upper echelon of NBA stars.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Well I can tell you this season is looking like it will be even more exciting than last year's historic season. I feel like there's more competition and a lot of the young guys like Giannis, Towns and Embiid are looking poised to reach the upper echelon of NBA stars.
I used to like NBA a lot when I got into it. It ws 2008-09 season. It was great. I think it was Celtics-Lakers final that year. As years went on there was still competition but that "super team/trio" thing ruined it. Sure, good for fans of that team. It's exciting to see stars together but it kinda sucks as competition goes away. I still respect players' decision thought, most of the people hate GSW but players want success so they accept to lower their wage.

I really want Minnesota and Philadelphia to achieve something. With youngsters they look better.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I used to like NBA a lot when I got into it. It ws 2008-09 season. It was great. I think it was Celtics-Lakers final that year. As years went on there was still competition but that "super team/trio" thing ruined it. Sure, good for fans of that team. It's exciting to see stars together but it kinda sucks as competition goes away. I still respect players' decision thought, most of the people hate GSW but players want success so they accept to lower their wage.

I really want Minnesota and Philadelphia to achieve something. With youngsters they look better.

Yeah I'm a Sixers fan and I'm happy to see my team with young talent, but they are 0-3 right and it's due to them being youngsters and gelling as a team. It doesn't help Embiid might not play at times back to back, so when he's out the will of the whole team seems to be completely gone.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah I'm a Sixers fan and I'm happy to see my team with young talent, but they are 0-3 right and it's due to them being youngsters and gelling as a team. It doesn't help Embiid might not play at times back to back, so when he's out the will of the whole team seems to be completely gone.
Embiid's health is one of the most devastating things about the NBA. He's just so spectacular but going on four years in and we've still never seen him at full health with no time limitations. And I feel like until he does start to at least attempt to play all 82 games, no big free agents are going to be intersted in joining Philly. The 76ers are definitely in a tough spot because Embiid could be a transcendent player but they can't afford to wait around forever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Only care about the playoffs....Now I don't really since you know there's only two teams in this league.

Rest are just there.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Only care about the playoffs....Now I don't really since you know there's only two teams in this league.

Rest are just there.
I assume the two teams you reference are the Warriors and Cavs and while I will agree there is a very very very slim chance of the Dubs getting knocked off, I feel like the East is really up for grabs. The Celtics even without Gordon Hayward could find a way to beat the Cavs, the Wizards are really slept on, and Giannis leading this Bucks team right now is really dangerous. And with the age and history of most of the Cavs' centerpieces, they could be derailed by injuries.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Embiid's health is one of the most devastating things about the NBA. He's just so spectacular but going on four years in and we've still never seen him at full health with no time limitations. And I feel like until he does start to at least attempt to play all 82 games, no big free agents are going to be intersted in joining Philly. The 76ers are definitely in a tough spot because Embiid could be a transcendent player but they can't afford to wait around forever.

Yup it's now or never for him, if he stay healthy and I mean no big injuries sore muscles are going to happen especially when you haven't played a full Season in the NBA then we have the best Center coming for our franchise since before Mutombo maybe Moses Malone in the 80's. We need a win badly vs the Pistons just to get all those nerves off of us and we can start rolling.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Yup it's now or never for him, if he stay healthy and I mean no big injuries sore muscles are going to happen especially when you haven't played a full Season in the NBA then we have the best Center coming for our franchise since before Mutombo maybe Moses Malone in the 80's. We need a win badly vs the Pistons just to get all those nerves off of us and we can start rolling.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Schröder got injured terribly. Hope not something serious. I really like his style.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Schröder got injured terribly. Hope not something serious. I really like his style.
Been a hell of a season for injuries thus far, I especially hate seeing the athletic balls to the wall type of players like Schroeder go down.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Been a hell of a season for injuries thus far, I especially hate seeing the athletic balls to the wall type of players like Schroeder go down.
Fast legs, wrong steps. I hate it as well.

Also I hate seeing Lakers struggle. I kinda root for them as I really liked Kobe. Shame how they are doomed. Kobe injuries, wrong trade moves/signings...

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Serve the Lakers right trading for Brooke Lopez. And running 3 point plays for him like he Reggie Miller. Also signing Andrew Bogus :lmao

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah I can't pity the Lakers, they've had it really good for a really long time. I'd rather see the Timberwolves and Hornets prosper honestly.