• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NBA 2017/2018 Discussion

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Well on the bright side of things for the 76ers, if Embiid doesn't pan out how they hoped, Ben Simmons is looking very promising here to open the season. His size and skills are perfect for him to develop into something close to LeBron if he keeps his focus on improving every season, particularly his shooting touch and defensive effort.

Kairi HoHo

Prince of Joshi
Feb 23, 2015
New Castle, Delaware
Yeah they are playing well, it was a tragic loss the other day vs the Rockets. I don't know how you don't call Offensive Foul on Harden for stumbling like a newborn Deer knocking Embiid away from Gordon. It's funny that when he did that he was looking at the hoop before Gordon was completely done letting go of the ball in his hand. What hurts is they had like a 6 or 7 point lead and couldn't hold it.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Yeah they are playing well, it was a tragic loss the other day vs the Rockets. I don't know how you don't call Offensive Foul on Harden for stumbling like a newborn Deer knocking Embiid away from Gordon. It's funny that when he did that he was looking at the hoop before Gordon was completely done letting go of the ball in his hand. What hurts is they had like a 6 or 7 point lead and couldn't hold it.
Don't blame James lol, the refs never call that on the last possession. He just taking advantage of the whistle and Splash Gordon was on point. But then again I'm an avid Rockets fan.

Kairi HoHo

Prince of Joshi
Feb 23, 2015
New Castle, Delaware
Don't blame James lol, the refs never call that on the last possession. He just taking advantage of the whistle and Splash Gordon was on point. But then again I'm an avid Rockets fan.
True that's the problem with Refs though too inconsistent at times during games. They were really tight with their calling early on and if any call needed to made it should of been that one. Still even if Embiid got more in the face or Gordon he might of still made it.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
So the Orlando Magic are somehow on top of the East right now. The Grizzlies are leading the West. The Cavs are at 3-3 on the season. Eric Bledsoe tweeted he wants to leave Phoenix. The Suns fired their coach shortly afterwards. Nikola Vucevic and Aaron Gordon have both gone off for 40 +. DeMarcus Cousins just put up a 40 point 20 rebound performace against his former team the Kings and then dropped a triple double tonight. There waa a nice little scuffle in the Wizards/Warriors game yesterday. Giannis is probably the MVP so far this season. I guess I can't complain about the NBA being predictable.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Eric Bledsoe was traded to the Bucks for Greg Monroe, so Milawukee is going to really be one of the more entertaining teams in the league this season I think. Giannis is already doing fantastic shit. It would be pretty surprising if they don't make it to the second round of the playoffs at least.

On another note, Kristaps is going nuts to start the season. Can't believe they were letting Melo take his touches last year.

Cwalker

Feb 25, 2012
Kyrie playing with a chip on his shoulder. How many of us thought the Cs would be this good, especially after losing Hayward 5 minutes into the season