Nathan Deal considers extending sales tax enforcement to Internet purchases

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
Report: Nathan Deal considers extending sales tax enforcement to Internet purchases
9:30 am January 13, 2012, by jgalloway
From Walter Jones and Morris News Service:
ATLANTA — Gov. Nathan Deal is considering extending the state sales tax to online purchases, he told newspaper publishers Thursday.
Eight states already tax electronic commerce, but most states have held off because Congress had signaled it would devise a national model to simplify the thousands of tax rates used by state and local governments across the country.
Deal said he wasn’t content to wait on Congress to act on immigration enforcement when he signed a tough law last year and that states may grow tired of waiting for federal leadership on e-commerce, too.
Deal said he wasn’t content to wait on Congress to act on immigration enforcement when he signed a tough law last year and that states may grow tired of waiting for federal leadership on e-commerce, too.
Brian Robinson, a spokesman for Deal, takes issue with those who say the governor is contemplating a new tax. From an e-mail this afternoon:
“It’s current law that all retail sales are supposed to pay a sales tax. He mentioned e-fairness. It’s about collecting taxes that some outlets aren’t paying when they are supposed to.â€
Robinson said companies with a physical presence in Georgia already have to pay a sales tax on online sales, and that they shouldn’t be placed at a competitive disadvantage
- By Jim Galloway, Political Insider

Someone might find it intresting.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I pay sales tax on my online purchases, so I think everyone else should have to suffer along with me.