SummerSlam Natalya vs Becky. Why?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Wait...hang on a second...

July 23rd...
When the fatal fourway elimination match was announced on last weeks Raw, I was fully anticipating another Alexa Bliss title challenge. The Goddess has been
heavily featured on TV this year with her moments of bliss segments and friendship with Nikki Cross. Alexa bliss vs Becky Lynch felt destined for Summerslam.

July 28th...
Bliss cant wrestle for shit.

I...wait...what?

I think they don't want to have Alexa jobbing again and want to keep Becky champion so they went with Natalya.
Alexa should be jobbing out for the entire division considering
how the WWE basically used nearly every woman she faced to
put her over & make her look WAY better than she truly is.

Don't get me wrong...Alexa can remember her lines & act...but
she is an AWFUL wrestler who brings the entire division down
when she has a title.

Crash

Reaction score
Alexa should be jobbing out for the entire division considering
how the WWE basically used nearly every woman she faced to
put her over & make her look WAY better than she truly is.

Don't get me wrong...Alexa can remember her lines & act...but
she is an AWFUL wrestler who brings the entire division down
when she has a title.

Well I'm just saying it's probably their reasoning behind it, they want to protect Alexa because she just lost to Bayley.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm just saying it's probably their reasoning behind it, they want to protect Alexa because she just lost to Bayley.
Yeah...you're probably right.

Look I'm not trying to start a fight...and I know you aren't a homophobe by
the way but you first say Becky vs. Alexa felt destined for SummerSlam...
but then you say Alexa is shit.

I just don't understand the logic...

Did you want Becky vs. Alexa or not? And if you didn't then why start the
thread to begin with complaining about Nattie getting the match?

And I mean its not hard to guess why Nattie did get the match...its because
CANADA! & the RAW women's roster is thinner than a stick figure at the moment.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Yeah...you're probably right.

Look I'm not trying to start a fight...and I know you aren't a homophobe by
the way but you first say Becky vs. Alexa felt destined for SummerSlam...
but then you say Alexa is shit.

I just understand the logic...

Did you want Becky vs. Alexa or not? And if you didn't then why start the
thread to begin with complaining about Nattie getting the match?

And I mean its not hard to guess why Nattie did get the match...its because
CANADA! & the RAW women's roster is thinner than a stick figure at the
moment.
I thought Alexa was going to face Becky. I can still think shes shit at wrestling. There is no contradiction....

I thought Alexa vs Becky as going to be booked. Unexpectedly it was Natalya who got booked.

I don't where I have ever expressed that I wanted to see Alexa vs Becky.

This thread is not about complaining. I haven't complained once in this thread. Apart from say Alexa is shit at wrestling.

You've clearly not read the thread properly

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I thought Alexa was going to face Becky. I can still think shes shit at wrestling. There is no contradiction....

I thought Alexa vs Becky as going to be booked. Unexpectedly it was Natalya who got booked.

I don't where I have ever expressed that I wanted to see Alexa vs Becky.

This thread is not about complaining. I haven't complained once in this thread. Apart from say Alexa is shit at wrestling.

You've clearly not read the thread properly
Right...

Forget I said anything.

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
Bliss cant wrestle for shit. So they probably wanted a safe pair hands cuz Becky has not had a good singles match in a long time
Actually she can she's just not the ring general you expect her to be, Unlike Natayla she understands Ring psychology and Storytelling despite her flawed limited workrate.

Natayla has nothing but workrate to rely on and bores people to tears, People don't pay to see a charisma vacuum.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Actually she can she's just not the ring general you expect her to be, Unlike Natayla she understands Ring psychology and Storytelling despite her flawed limited workrate.

Natayla has nothing but workrate to rely on and bores people to tears, People don't pay to see a charisma vacuum.
No I don't expect her to be a ring general at all. Just look at her. She looks like she has never been in a fight in her life. She is Polly pocket. Since when does Natalya not understand ring psychology lol? Alexa is a one trick pony with her wrestling. A million of other wrestlers are better at it then her. I've never heard any crowd react positively to an Alexa bliss match since she got drafted to raw. Alexa has never had an above average singles match

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I feel that match got booked mostly because its in Canada. Alexa Bliss still has her story with whats her face being her friend (forgot her name)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
People don't pay to see a charisma vacuum.
Yeah...tell that to Vince & Roman.

Especially Roman...

The Ultimate Charisma Vacuum.

Actually she can she's just not the ring general you expect her to be
No...she actually can't. What she does can barely be considered wrestling
as she avoids as much contact as humanly possible, has a limited move set
& is ALWAYS carried by her opponents.

Her & Carmella (& Nia Jax) were "Performance Center Projects" & it really
shows when you have women like Becky, Ruby, Asuka & Kairi on the roster.

The other women have to wrestle down to their level & make them look
better & no one has ever looked better wrestling Alexa Bliss.

Now I also understand that my favorite wrestler (& ultimate Bae) Charlotte
was a "Performance Center Project" BUT the key being Charlotte literally
had wrestling hard coded into her DNA & she is simply a freak of nature as
far as her athletic ability & overall adaptive skills.

The truth is half the WWE women's roster are still "Divas" & they are holding
the other truly skilled & experienced women back...especially when the WWE
puts someone like Alexa over nearly EVERYONE in an attempt to make her
look way better & stronger than she truly is.

If you're happy to watch Alexa, Carmella, Nia & the other "Divas" stumble
around the ring looking awkward, botching moves & hurting other people...
then that's choice...good luck to you.

Me personally...I will no longer watch it...as much as I enjoy many of the
other women currently working for the WWE.

Oh...and before you mention it...AEW is guilty of this to as Brandi Rhodes
has no right to be in the ring...especially defeated seasoned veterans like
Allie/Cherry Bomb.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
At least we can all agree that the storyline for natalya vs Becky is way better then Alexa vs Becky.

Alexa has been involved in by far the worse story in 2019. She has a habit of getting involved in terrible storylines.

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
At least we can all agree that the storyline for natalya vs Becky is way better then Alexa vs Becky.

Alexa has been involved in by far the worse story in 2019. She has a habit of getting involved in terrible storylines.
No I don't expect her to be a ring general at all. Just look at her. She looks like she has never been in a fight in her life. She is Polly pocket. Since when does Natalya not understand ring psychology lol? Alexa is a one trick pony with her wrestling. A million of other wrestlers are better at it then her. I've never heard any crowd react positively to an Alexa bliss match since she got drafted to raw. Alexa has never had an above average singles match
I think your still judging workrate without taking Psychology and Storytelling into consideration as being the deciding factor when you say Bliss is incapable of these aspects in the ring.

Alexa carried Nia Jax solely on Storytelling and psychology since Nia adds nothing but intimidating size to a match yet the workrate wasn't good because Alexa isn't a great worker but has other means to make up for it.

Her matches with Sasha in 2017 were not on the same level as Charlotte, Bayley or even Ronda but then you can't just say oh Alexa dragged Sasha down because she's the weaker worker of the two when Bliss more than made up for it with Storytelling and underrated In Ring psychology to play her part, The fact she's working an actual Heel style with limited moves and underhanded tactics while depriving the audience of awe inspiring moves that only Faces should really be doing is also a testament to her competence to her role.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think your still judging workrate without taking Psychology and Storytelling into consideration as being the deciding factor when you say Bliss is incapable of these aspects in the ring.

Alexa carried Nia Jax solely on Storytelling and psychology since Nia adds nothing but intimidating size to a match yet the workrate wasn't good because Alexa isn't a great worker but has other means to make up for it.

Her matches with Sasha in 2017 were not on the same level as Charlotte, Bayley or even Ronda but then you can't just say oh Alexa dragged Sasha down because she's the weaker worker of the two when Bliss more than made up for it with Storytelling and underrated In Ring psychology to play her part, The fact she's working an actual Heel style with limited moves and underhanded tactics while depriving the audience of awe inspiring moves that only Faces should really be doing is also a testament to her competence to her role.
Theres 10000× more ring psychology in natalya vs Becky then Becky vs Alexa we literally have fit finlay is involved in this fued lol. Sharpshooter vs the disharmher. Who is the better technician the master or the apprentice?

That's way better then Alexa being a chicken shit heel and running away. We have seen it a million times before. Alexa vs Becky was terrible on raw because theres so little intrigue for fans to care about. No one wants to see the match and the lack of wrestling and psychology is the reason. Alexa is a one trick pony when it comes to wrestling. If that isn't true and she has loads of psychology then please explain why? Instead of just saying she has.

The nia jax fued was fucking terrible. The psychology of that match was insulting. Should of just been a squash match and many people agree on that sentiment. One of the worse matches I've seen at mania ever.

I would say sasha was dragged down because everybody is dragged down by bloss because bliss has never had an above average match in her life. I've asked this question so many times. Is there an above average Alexa bliss match? Her best match was with Mickie and that was damn average.

The story with Alexa and sasha was probably the worse storyline of that year. So I dont think anyone is going to buy into her great storytelling. She hasn't been in one good story since being on raw. This nikki cross story is probably one of the worse written stories I've seen in a long time.

No one is wanting to see people beat up Alexa. No one is booing Alexa. It's just silence during her matches. So shes clearly isn't doing her job properly. You can still put on good wrestling while working the crowd. It's sad that you have to have poor wrestler work the crowd.

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
Theres 10000× more ring psychology in natalya vs Becky then Becky vs Alexa we literally have fit finlay is involved in this fued lol. Sharpshooter vs the disharmher. Who is the better technician the master or the apprentice?

That's way better then Alexa being a chicken shit heel and running away. We have seen it a million times before. Alexa vs Becky was terrible on raw because theres so little intrigue for fans to care about. No one wants to see the match and the lack of wrestling and psychology is the reason. Alexa is a one trick pony when it comes to wrestling. If that isn't true and she has loads of psychology then please explain why? Instead of just saying she has.

The nia jax fued was fucking terrible. The psychology of that match was insulting. Should of just been a squash match and many people agree on that sentiment. One of the worse matches I've seen at mania ever.

I would say sasha was dragged down because everybody is dragged down by bloss because bliss has never had an above average match in her life. I've asked this question so many times. Is there an above average Alexa bliss match? Her best match was with Mickie and that was damn average.

The story with Alexa and sasha was probably the worse storyline of that year. So I dont think anyone is going to buy into her great storytelling. She hasn't been in one good story since being on raw. This nikki cross story is probably one of the worse written stories I've seen in a long time.

No one is wanting to see people beat up Alexa. No one is booing Alexa. It's just silence during her matches. So shes clearly isn't doing her job properly. You can still put on good wrestling while working the crowd. It's sad that you have to have poor wrestler work the crowd.
All of her matches I thought were above average as it is with Mickie and also Sasha particularly Summerslam but that's just me since your not going to change your mind on her competence in the ring, I didn't say her matches were good against Nia Jax in a traditional wrestling perspective but rather she added layers of storytelling/Psychology to give it meaning to get people invested rather than a flat filler feud with matches that don't have any real depth to it.

Alexa may not be a sound worker but she has the means to make up for it with In Ring logic(Sticking to her Heel formula and how she does it) for those more open minded to accept it.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So its a "Submission Match" now?

Well...I'm guessing the crowd will pop when
Nattie goes for & locks in the Sharpshooter...
BUT I have to be honest & state that the only
way anyone will care about this match is if
Ronda shows up.

Actually...what are the rules for a Submission Match?

*Checks*

"A submission match is typically a match in which pinfalls,

count-outs and disqualifications are not legal and the match
could only end by making an opponent tap out to a submission
\hold. A very famous variation of this match is an "I quit" match
in which a wrestler has to beat their opponent and force them

to say "I quit"."

So...technically Ronda could show up, help beat Becky down & even help
Nattie get the win by putting Becky in the Dis-Arm-Her while she's in Nattie's
Sharpshooter.

I mean no one would be able to get out of that...you wouldn't be able to move.

And no one would come out to help Becky because she has basically been
shit talking the entire division for months...on camera & on Twitter.

She has ostracized herself from every other woman on the roster...

Of course Seth Rollins could come out...but knowing his booking at the moment
Ronda would just take him down quicker than Alexa Bliss getting on her knees to
earn another title run.

Everyone remember I posted this here...

I have a feeling I'll be coming back to it.