SummerSlam Natalya vs Becky. Why?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Most of us where scratching our heads when Natalya tapped Alexa Bliss on last weeks Raw to become number one contender for Becky Lynch's Raw Womens Championship at arguably the second biggest night in wrestling, Summerslam.

When the fatal fourway elimination match was announced on last weeks Raw, I was fully anticipating another Alexa Bliss title challenge. The Goddess has been heavily featured on TV this year with her moments of bliss segments and 'freindship' with Nikki Cross. Alexa bliss vs Becky Lynch felt destined for Summerslam. Unexpectedly Natalya won the match despite rarely appearing on TV in recent months.

What can I say about Natalya that has already been said? A highly skilled womens wrestler who is undoubtedly a Locker room leader that deserves all the respect that she gets. But when it comes to character, promos and storytelling...she sucks. We've all seen the cringeworthy acting and stupid gimmicks. Sure Natalya has had her moments but for every good moment I can think of a bagillion fart jokes. Just like Dolph Ziggler, she does not benefit from longevity.

So, Why Natalya?

Well Natalya vs Becky has the potential to be a very well crafted technical masterclass. Natalya could assure a high quality matchup for Becky, who desperately needs one after her mediocre fued with Lacey Evans. Undoubtedly Natalya vs Becky is a better quality matchup then Becky vs Bliss...am I right, @The Sheik ?

Summerslam is also in Toronto this year. It's no secret that Natalya is apart of the Hart Family Dynasty. So in theory she should have the home advantage and crowd support. Good storyline element to the match. However I dont know. I'm not an expert on US and Canadian Crowds. Would the Toronto fans cheer for Natalya over Becky? Also why would you want to have Becky get booed? I know both competitors are babyface so there are lot of questions in how the crowd are going to react. That's if they react at all.

Then we have the story of the match. We know Natalya and Becky have history. Natalya was somewhat of a mentor to Becky that eventually betrayed her. Years later Becky is the alpha champion. There is a very interesting contrast between the character of Becky in 2016 to now. So this fued does highlight the character proggression quite well.

And then we have Natalyas allegiances with Ronda Rousey. Maybe this will play a part in the promos building up to that match. Natalya blarting out how Ronda is better then her. Maybe this fued has been set up to bring back Ronda. Maybe?

Whatever the thinking behind wwe booking this lackluster match for one of the biggest shows of the year, we know that the booking of The Man has been poor. This match and fued may deliver the goods but it would be nice for Becky to beat someone with actual credibility.

Crash

Reaction score
I just think they have no real interesting opponent for Becky and that's a shame. They obviously don't want to make a rematch from the past PPVs so they are going with Natalya because of her legacy and reputation, and yes also because she is Canadian and SummerSlam is in Toronto, but I don't know why that matters. I don't think it's that bad tho could have been worst, both have good chemistry and should have a good match but nothing really worthy of a big show.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I just think they have no real interesting opponent for Becky and that's a shame. They obviously don't want to make a rematch from the past PPVs so they are going with Natalya because of her legacy and reputation, and yes also because she is Canadian and SummerSlam is in Toronto, but I don't know why that matters. I don't think it's that bad tho could have been worst, both have good chemistry and should have a good match but nothing really worthy of a big show.
It could of been Bliss. But I guess it's a creative direction they didn't want to go down. Becky vs Bliss sounds awful especially with the Nikki Cross bullshit.

I think this match will be a very sound match that could be fucked depending on the crowd and position on the card. We know Natalya ain't winning so the drama for the submissions and close falls will not be heightened. Its basically going to be Kofi vs Owen's, Dolph and Joe.

The build to the match will hopefully have some good story to it. But then again Paul Heyman writing women has been proven to be off the ball many times in the past. That guy cannot write women.

Didn't Natalya saying something stupid to Becky on Raw? Like how shes bad at sex. So it looks like they are going down that road instead of exploring the history between the two and connections to Ronda. Could be bollocks

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Canada. That is why.
In my post I explored the many reasons for why they booked the match. The show being in Canada was one of those reasons. So your not bringing anything to the table.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Alexa bliss vs Becky Lynch felt destined for Summerslam.
Only for Alexa Bliss fanboys...

And why would Alexa move straight from a program with Bayley
into a feud with Becky? There are other women on the roster...
women can can actually wrestle & aren't afraid to take a hit or two.

Where the fuck is Ruby Riott?!

So, Why Natalya?
1). Because Canada!
2). Because Nattie is one of the few women on the RAW brand who can actually wrestle...& after
Lacey Evans...that would actually be a refreshing change...
3). Because Vince might have Becky win in like 30 seconds or less because he likes fucking with Canada...
&
4). An extra reason for a POSSIBLE Ronda Rousey "run in" that costs Becky the title & begins a build to a
Becky vs. Ronda 1 ON 1 match for the Wrestlemania 36.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I honestly havent been impressed with Natalya in the ring either.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I honestly havent been impressed with Natalya in the ring either.
She has had some very good matches over the years. She mostly wrestles shit like Alexa and so on.

This Raw added alot to the story. They talked about there history and how much Becky has risen above Natalya. They also address Natalyas ties with Ronda Rousey.

I like this fued because it has a good story. Most people are too short sighted to see.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr-o6rsot-F3-XS1rmv1vdo3-250.gif

:nowkiss:

• Haha
Reactions: Crash

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
It should damn well be Alexa I mean what the hell were they thinking going with Natayla over her, You have a well established Heel for Becky at a Big 4 ppv but you choose someone who no one cares about instead it's baffling.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It should damn well be Alexa I mean what the hell were they thinking going with Natayla over her, You have a well established Heel for Becky at a Big 4 ppv but you choose someone who no one cares about instead it's baffling.
Bliss cant wrestle for shit. So they probably wanted a safe pair hands cuz Becky has not had a good singles match in a long time

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It should damn well be Alexa I mean what the hell were they thinking going with Natayla over her
Because they wanted Becky to work with a woman who can actually wrestle...
especially considering she just feuded with Lacey Evans...also Canada!...also
Ruby Riott is injured & Sasha is sitting at home diddling herself.

Bliss cant wrestle for shit. So they probably wanted a safe pair hands cuz Becky has not had a good singles match in a long time
Bingo!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

:chicken:

Also...this image...

mz408016t4422.jpg

Crash

Reaction score
I think they don't want to have Alexa jobbing again and want to keep Becky champion so they went with Natalya.

Reactions: Red Rain