My Xbox-360 broke. Any help?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adampro123

Reaction score
So i was playing a game on my 360 and then the video goes out and i get some red lights coming from my 360 (i think it was 3) so then i turn the system off hoping it would help. but i still got no picture. and the red lights were still on. so i got the game out (i had to get it out because it was a rental) and then the red light goes off. so then i turn my system back on and it has no red light....but still no picture. the sound still works fine though. so i thought it might just be a problem with my cord. so then i go and buy a brand new cord. i get home and try it out and it still doesn't work.its just the same problem. no picture but the sound is okay. so then i try it on another TV and that didn't help any. so it was time to call xbox support. well i did and it was awful. i sit there and told him everything that happened and he kept saying hook the 360 back up and tell me what happens.well i just gave in and did that. and he insist it is just the cord,and i tell him over and over it isn't the cord because i had just bought a brand new one and i know the new one works because it worked for another system of mine (it was one of those cords that played numerous systems) but this guys just wouldn't stop saying it was the cord...but IMO it can't be because i still have the same problem no matter what cord i use no matter what TV im on its still all soun and no picture.

and here comes the worst part about this. my warranty end dec 5th.and this guy doesn't think its my system so instead of telling me i can send my console in to get it fix he says it isn't the console and he is sending a new cord and to call back if the cord doesn't work....the cord takes a week to get here...so therefor xbox 360 support seems to be pointless at this time. they will not take the logic and they will not take my word that it isn't the cord when it obviously is.

so with basically no other option (to my knowledge) i thought i would come online and see if anyone here might have a way of helping me out in any way at all.

thanks for your time. any help is greatly appreciated.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Ouch.

Save that hdd and buy an Arcade

Sounds to me like you're screwed

The Jasper models are out now, so if you buy another 360, RROD won't be a problem apparently.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
No, jut tell him you tried a new cord and you got the 3 red ring sections again (despite what you actually will see). You need to do it fast if you warranty is up in 5 days.

:Here's a picture to describe to him what you see.
red_ring_death.jpg

Majin

Reaction score
lol pwned,one of the reasons i sold my xbox before it got to that point,ps3`s are much better

chessarmy

Its called the red rings of death. In short, you're Xbox 360 is shot.

Two solutions:

1. Send it in to Microsoft via mail to get it fixed (call 1-800-4myxbox)

2. Buy a PS3

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Majin said:
lol pwned,one of the reasons i sold my xbox before it got to that point,ps3`s are much better

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

Same person wrote this one a year after the last one:
http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-one-year-later/

Did you base your decision JUST on the hardware malfuction? I've had the red ring of death and I am still very happy with my 360.

Chessarmy said:
2. Buy a PS3
I'd save my hard drive and buy just the Xbox Console for much cheaper. Saves a lot of money.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Yeah guys buying another system isn't a solution to fixing my x box 360. i think my brother may be getting a ps3 for christmas. but the point is i already have all these games for the x box that i don't want to just throw away or forget about.

And like i have said before i have called microsoft about sending it back in but they just insist it is the cord when it isn't.and they won't take my system.

wwe369

Reaction score
sory to hear that.i still have a n64,llol

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Just tell them it has nothing to do with the cord. Seriously, just say you turn it on and it lights up like you see it in the picture I posted earlier. They'll probably try to guide you through some steps, and just say it doesn't work. Because those steps may work for a few minutes, but then it will do it again and you want to get this sent out before the warranty expires. i can almost guarantee you that they saw your warranty is expiring and they're trying to string you along for a few more days so you have to pay for it because they probably get a commission for systems with no warranty (which means that after your warranty expires, they'll probably take your system for the dumbest reasons). So act fast, just tell them over and over that everything leads to the red ring.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

If you can't get the 360 replaced. Get the $199 Arcade, its also a Jasper model. You wouldn't have to worry about RROD.

Just save your hdd.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Just tell them it has nothing to do with the cord. Seriously, just say you turn it on and it lights up like you see it in the picture I posted earlier. They'll probably try to guide you through some steps, and just say it doesn't work. Because those steps may work for a few minutes, but then it will do it again and you want to get this sent out before the warranty expires. i can almost guarantee you that they saw your warranty is expiring and they're trying to string you along for a few more days so you have to pay for it because they probably get a commission for systems with no warranty (which means that after your warranty expires, they'll probably take your system for the dumbest reasons). So act fast, just tell them over and over that everything leads to the red ring.

Thanks for the advice. they basically did exactly what you said. i told them i had 3 red lights and then there tone changed. and they tried to take me step by step through stuff. none of it worked. told me to take out my hard drive and try it and that didn't work. then they finally gave in and told me they would send this code out and it would get here withen the next coupleof days and then i need to get a box and bublewrap and take it to UPS and send it back to them and they will try to fix it.

I just hope when they get it and see that the 3 red lights aren't really on they will still test it out. maybe then they will see it isn't a cord and they somehow need to fix the system.

but if they don't i guess im stuck going to gamestop and getting one. i think i saw a used one there for 149.99 so i guess that isn't too bad. i just hate paying more money for something that x box should fix because now i have even read that they guarantee it will work for 3 years

JMay187

Reaction score
If they give your problems just them you want to speak to their manager. Most of the calls are being recorded anyway and when you say that the manager may very well pick up the call.

It happened to me when I got the RROD. They were giving me shit and I said that I wanted to speak to their manager and he was already on the line and helped me fix my problems.