Musicals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Might be a strange thread to see on a wrestling forum but we have a few movie aficionados here so I think it could work. In recent years there has been a mini revival of the musical film and there have been a number of very successful ones including Les Miserables this year. They have had their ups and downs over the decades so I wanted to find out what everyones favourite musicals are, note that I am talking about musical films and not the actual onstage musicals.

For me my top three in no particular order are;
220px-Grease_ver2.jpg

Grease
This is just a classic film, it is based on a stage musical and it is about two teenage lovers at a 1950's high school. I have seen this movie so many times as my parents had this on VHS when I was a kid. Really fun movie to watch and there are so many catchy songs and I will admit that I pretty much know all the words to them. Fun fact when I was a kid I used to do the Greased Lightning dance around my living room.

220px-JCSuperstarFilmCover.jpg

Jesus Christ Superstar
This is another film adaption of a stage musical and it is based on the work by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, you can't get a better pairing than that for a musical. This movie focusses on the conflict between Judas and Jesus in the week leading up to the crucifixion of Christ. First of all the start of this film just says it all when you see all the actors and crew arriving on a bus to the filming location, it just screams 1970's. The performances here are stunning especially from Carl Anderson as Judas, it is a different take on the bible story but it makes for a hell of a film. The songs are brilliant, as you would expect from Webber/Rice and the performances of those songs as so well done. Again I know those songs off by heart after watching this so many times.

220px-Bedknobs_and_Broomsticks_poster.jpg

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Probably my favourite film to watch as a child, would watch this almost every weekend. Good childrens musical and Angela Lansbury is excellent in the role of Miss Price. This movie is set during the 1940 London Blitz and three children are evacuated from the city to the country and stay with Miss Price who they later find out is an apprentice witch. She uses her witchcraft to assist in the war effort and to do this she finds Professor Emelius Browne who was her mentor but turned out to be a conman. It is a fantastical story but it still works as a kids film and the songs in there are again really good. Portobello Road and Substitutiary Locomotion are standouts. Not the most well known film but to me it is a classic.

What are your favourites?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was never really too big on musicals, but I've grown to like them a lot more over the years, and Les Mis was definitely in my top 5 movies for 2013. My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, and Singin' in the Rain are some classics that I really enjoy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Forgot to mention The Sound of Music, definitely one of the best of all time. Would be in my top five as well, Julie Andrews was perfect in that performance and had such a great voice. Some silly songs in there but it worked for the time.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Slightly different musical but Cannibal! The Musical was pretty friggin' awesome.

Also, the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Repo: The Genetic Opera

It has Anthony Stewart Head(From Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame), Bill Mosely(From House of 1000 Corpses/Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 fame), Nivek Ogre(lead singer of Skinny Puppy & Ohgr), Alexa Vega(of Spy Kids fame), Paul Sorvino(Of Goodfellas), Sarah Brightman(an unbelievably amazing opera singer), and Paris Hilton(who plays a spoiled rich bitch addicted to plastic surgery).

Fans of industrial music will find a soft spot for this movie really quickly, with songs performed by members of Bauhaus, and ofcourse Ogre himself. A fun & brutal musical by the minds that brought you Saw 2 & 3.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Does the South Park movie count? If so, that was definitely my favorite musical. :DB:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Grease, Rock of Ages, Hairspray, I don't mind any of them really. I'm not a fanatic about it, but hey, to each their own.