Mr.Kennedy Future World Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

I remember a few years ago on here and the net when seemingly everyone was praising Mr Kennedy and many were billing him as a future world champion. At that time I agreed with everyone; Kennedy was doing great on Smackdown and had bags of charisma and was really over. His wrestling skills were OK, IMO, but he still had tons of time to improve.

A few years on......does anyone still think Kennedy has "it"? I myself have gone off him a bit now and just don't think he is as entertaining as he once was. He's always injured! I think the last time I got interested in him was when he was fueding with William Regal last year. He plays a much better heel than he does babyface, and he is on the wrong show. He has a chance of re-establishing himself on Smackdown with other young, fresh talent. On Raw he's just going to be trapped in mid-card hell.

Mind you, what does it matter? He's always injured anyway.

MikeRaw

Absolutely. He has the same skills he had when he left. It's really in WWE's hands now. They have to decide if they want this guy to be one of the faces of the company, or just another midcarder. He has the ability to be a maineventer if pushed right. So it just depends what they do with him when he returns.

LKP

That's basically why I can't see him as a main event star, or World champion. It's difficult to push a guy who you can't be sure will make it through the year healthy. The guy got injured within a few weeks of his debut, right after feuding with Undertaker and winning the MitB, and again after his suspension. I think he might have been on the shelf longer than he has actually wrestled for the WWE.

It's the same reason why Rey Mysterio won't make it all the way to the very top again. They guy was injured last weekend at a house show. It wasn't a severe injury, but it's no longer a shock. It's a lot easier to scrap/replan a feud for the midcard, than it is to abandon plans for the big title.

I recall something someone said a few years back: Kennedy has the reverse Midas touch - everything he touches turns to shit.

They should call him Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. SICKNOTE SICKNOTE!

MikeRaw

That's basically why I can't see him as a main event star, or World champion. It's difficult to push a guy who you can't be sure will make it through the year healthy. The guy got injured within a few weeks of his debut, right after feuding with Undertaker and winning the MitB, and again after his suspension. I think he might have been on the shelf longer than he has actually wrestled for the WWE.

It's the same reason why Rey Mysterio won't make it all the way to the very top again. They guy was injured last weekend at a house show. It wasn't a severe injury, but it's no longer a shock. It's a lot easier to scrap/replan a feud for the midcard, than it is to abandon plans for the big title.

I recall something someone said a few years back: Kennedy has the reverse Midas touch - everything he touches turns to shit.

They should call him Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. SICKNOTE SICKNOTE!

Meh, I see it the other way. I see it as WWE knowing they need to capitailse on someone, and make new stars, and they'll take every oppurtunity they get to push him, while he's healthy.

noumenon

When people mention Kennedy I immediately pair him with MVP in my head. Both of these guys got their start around the same time..kind of... and were both looked at as two possible future mega stars.
IMO Kennedy has more "it factor" than MVP does and there is no doubt in my mind that if he wasn't so injury prone he would have held a world title by now. HOWEVER...he is a big risk being so injury prone and all so WWE may be a bit cautious about pushing him to the top. At this point I think we're more likely to see MVP reach the top first.
I know that wasn't the question at all..that's just how I think of it in my head....anyone else pair these guys in their mind?

MikeRaw

^Indeed. I made a thread on it a few weeks back. The comparisions are very similar. Kinda strange...

straight_edge76

I think Kennedy could be a world champion but more of a short transitional run if at all. I believe he has all the tools needed to be a world champion or someone who is involved in high profile feuds but not in the title picture. But his injury issues are something I believe could be hindering him. I believe the WWE was going to use the "illegitamate" child angle to push Kennedy.

TheKames23

Reaction score
I think Kennedy is a great star, and could be a main eventer, if he is pushed right. He more than likely would have already won the World Title if he wouldn't have made some mistakes early in his career. But the WWE needs to decide what to do with him quick.

noumenon

One thing I always think of.... had Kennedy not had to drop the MITB to Edge...would it be Kennedy garnering this heel success of Edge on Smackdown?

LKP

^^^^ I think so big time and world champion also. Mind you i think he would have turned face along the way anyways. I always think of the "WHAT IF HE DIDN'T GET INJURED" Deal. What if Lashley had not got injured would he have left the wwe?

aufman

Reaction score
No, he will never be world champion. Jeff Hardy will dominate the world title scene and Kennedy will be lost in the mix. He is fated just like Matt to fade to obscurity. Jeff is a SUPERIOR wrestler to Matt and Kennedy. Kennedy simply does not have IT but Jeff has IT in SPADES!

mancilla 86

Reaction score
finally someone agrees with me..this guy is an peice of shit in and out of the ring..if he becomes champ im out..not watching wwe!

noumenon

Yes you would..you'de watch even more, waiting for someone to beat him. Why do you think ratings were so high during the Cena hate era?

mancilla 86

Reaction score
no i wouldnt i remember when jbl was champ i stopped watching wwe that whole year..until now i watched some of those classic matches from that year(excluding jbl matches)on youtube..trust me ppl wont watch unless they are forced to..