Movie suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
2013 - Odd Thomas - Now on Netflix.
It's kind of mainstream but kind of indie at the same time.

Most of the faces in it are definitely not familiar aside from Anton Yelchin. However it is based off the Dean Koontz' novel which is why I say kind of mainstream.

Not the greatest movie but definitely an okay story and pretty decent acting IMO.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
2013 - Odd Thomas - Now on Netflix.
It's kind of mainstream but kind of indie at the same time.

Most of the faces in it are definitely not familiar aside from Anton Yelchin. However it is based off the Dean Koontz' novel which is why I say kind of mainstream.

Not the greatest movie but definitely an okay story and pretty decent acting IMO.

lol Saw that before it was released... I've read most of the "Odd" books and I thought they did a good job converting it to film.

Great recommendation... I hope others get the chance to enjoy it.

Unfortunately finding a film that I haven't seen might be a tall order lol

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
lol Saw that before it was released... I've read most of the "Odd" books and I thought they did a good job converting it to film.

Great recommendation... I hope others get the chance to enjoy it.

Unfortunately finding a film that I haven't seen might be a tall order lol
Figured you might've haha,
definitely hope more people watch it now that it's on Netflix.
I read the books a few years ago and completely forgot how it ended..
well I forgot until she (Sexy Stormy) came up from behind the counter with what appeared to be "green stains" at the time on her shirt, then I remembered oh damn she got shot at this part and they don't reveal it until the end.

Did you see "Paranoia" yet? I'm gonna say you did already and if so is it worth a watch, it's sitting on my netflix instant queue.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Figured you might've haha,
definitely hope more people watch it now that it's on Netflix.
I read the books a few years ago and completely forgot how it ended..
well I forgot until she (Sexy Stormy) came up from behind the counter with what appeared to be "green stains" at the time on her shirt, then I remembered oh damn she got shot at this part and they don't reveal it until the end.

Did you see "Paranoia" yet? I'm gonna say you did already and if so is it worth a watch, it's sitting on my netflix instant queue.

I have not seen Paranoia yet... I think I haven't watched it yet because I'm just not a fan of the older Harrison Ford... I think his acting skills have lessened over the last 5-10 years (although I did like him in "42"). I might check it out anyway though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I have not seen Paranoia yet... I think I haven't watched it yet because I'm just not a fan of the older Harrison Ford... I think his acting skills have lessened over the last 5-10 years (although I did like him in "42"). I might check it out anyway though.
Interesting, he's supposedly got a relatively big role in the new Star Wars movie I hope he's an okay actor there.
I heard the acting though is pretty solid and the story is there; not the greatest but it's there.

If you see it before I do post here tag me and let me know, and I will do the same.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Interesting, he's supposedly got a relatively big role in the new Star Wars movie I hope he's an okay actor there.
I heard the acting though is pretty solid and the story is there; not the greatest but it's there.

If you see it before I do post here tag me and let me know, and I will do the same.

I think that Ford will do fine in the new Star Wars because he will be playing a character he is synonymous with... he seems to do very well still when he has familiarity with the material... but playing a new character he kind of falters.

I will be watching Paranoia later tonight... I'll let you know.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
@Sharpy Sandow

It was actually a good movie.. good acting (even from Ford), no surprises really but it wasn't 100% predictable either... and getting to see Amber Heard almost the entire movie is worth a viewing alone.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
@Sharpy Sandow

It was actually a good movie.. good acting (even from Ford), no surprises really but it wasn't 100% predictable either... and getting to see Amber Heard almost the entire movie is worth a viewing alone.

Nice, I'll give it a watch sometime this week or next weekend.
When watching the trailers before it came out it looked like it had potential.

Reactions: Just Kevin

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Did you see "The Family" with Robert DeNiro @Just Kevin ?

I just peeped it, for being on Netflix it was pretty entertaining I suppose, definitely not great by any means; if I would've just paid $8-10 for a movie ticket idk I might've been more unimpressed.

Ride Along w/ Kevin Hart & Ice Cube was really good, you prlly saw that one already though. I was psyched to hear they're getting a sequel, I haven't enjoyed "black comedy" like that in awhileeee! Death At A Funeral was like the last one but even that one I wasn't SUPER into it was just pretty funny.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Did you see "The Family" with Robert DeNiro @Just Kevin ?

I just peeped it, for being on Netflix it was pretty entertaining I suppose, definitely not great by any means; if I would've just paid $8-10 for a movie ticket idk I might've been more unimpressed.

Ride Along w/ Kevin Hart & Ice Cube was really good, you prlly saw that one already though. I was psyched to hear they're getting a sequel, I haven't enjoyed "black comedy" like that in awhileeee! Death At A Funeral was like the last one but even that one I wasn't SUPER into it was just pretty funny.

The Family had some elements that were good.... DeNiro and Pfeiffer have good chemistry and the kids were good... something was just missing.. can't really explain it.

Ride Along was definitely funny.. I loved Ice Cube and Kevin Hart together... I've been impressed with Hart recently.. both Ride Along and About Last Night were really good films in totally different genres and funny in completely different ways... he has a lot of range in comedic acting... looking forward to seeing him more.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Family had some elements that were good.... DeNiro and Pfeiffer have good chemistry and the kids were good... something was just missing.. can't really explain it.

Ride Along was definitely funny.. I loved Ice Cube and Kevin Hart together... I've been impressed with Hart recently.. both Ride Along and About Last Night were really good films in totally different genres and funny in completely different ways... he has a lot of range in comedic acting... looking forward to seeing him more.

I wanna see him pop up more in TV shows, he was in a few episodes of Modern Family and he was pretty funny and looked comfortable in that type of setting.

Back to movies note: Have you seen 'Goon'? that Hockey movie with Sean William Scott and Jay Baruchel? For being low budget I found a good bit of entertainment in it.

Other titles I've seen that I can reccommend:
Honestly these are all off of my Netflix Recently watched list over the past year and a half...
Safety Not Guarenteed
21 & Over
Mud
The Croods
Metallica Through The Never
Instructions Not Included
Dead Man Down
Guilt Trip
End of Watch
Flight

From the sounds of your style I'm going to say you've seen a majority of those listed but if not those are just a few titles of movies I've found a decent amount of entertainment in for it being "free-to-watch" whether it be part of your streaming subscription with Netflix or if you stream it off a website.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Honestly these are all off of my Netflix Recently watched list over the past year and a half...

Safety Not Guaranteed - Aubrey Plaza is one of my favorite actresses at the moment... I really enjoyed this movie.
21 & Over - I actually have not seen this yet.. it's not really my type of film but I might give it a try. Is it sort of like Project X?
Mud - I have not seen this yet either... I like McConaughey so I might watch it.
The Croods - I love my animated films... I have seen everything animated lol
Metallica Through The Never - Not my genre of music... metal actually gives me a migraine lol
Instructions Not Included - I know nothing about it... might look it up.
Dead Man Down - This is the WWE produced one with Colin Farrell, right? It was okay.
Guilt Trip - Love Seth Rogen, I watched it as soon as I was able to lol
End of Watch - This has actually been on my watch list for over a year and I keep pushing it to the side and watching other stuff lol
Flight - Denzel..... nuff' said! lol

Thank you for all the recommendations... I will definitely watch a few of those.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Safety Not Guaranteed - Aubrey Plaza is one of my favorite actresses at the moment... I really enjoyed this movie.
21 & Over - I actually have not seen this yet.. it's not really my type of film but I might give it a try. Is it sort of like Project X?
Mud - I have not seen this yet either... I like McConaughey so I might watch it.
The Croods - I love my animated films... I have seen everything animated lol
Metallica Through The Never - Not my genre of music... metal actually gives me a migraine lol
Instructions Not Included - I know nothing about it... might look it up.
Dead Man Down - This is the WWE produced one with Colin Farrell, right? It was okay.
Guilt Trip - Love Seth Rogen, I watched it as soon as I was able to lol
End of Watch - This has actually been on my watch list for over a year and I keep pushing it to the side and watching other stuff lol
Flight - Denzel..... nuff' said! lol

Thank you for all the recommendations... I will definitely watch a few of those.

21 & Over is kind of like Project X, I didn't think I'd like it to be honest but it was actually watchable and had some entertainment value for sure.
Mud is a pretty serious movie, definitely watchable.
Instructions Not Included is pretty funny and decently quirky; I can say I didn't think much of it when reading the description but after watching the whole movie it definitely had value in the entertainment category.

OH man I totally reccommend End of Watch, I really enjoyed it, some things I may have done differently with it but still has a lot of upside as far as those kind of movies go.

Place Beyond the Pines I just watched with Bradley Cooper, Ray Liotta and Ryan Gosling.. wish I would've seen it earlier, probably one of Bradley Cooper's better acting jobs (which honestly doesn't say much in retrospect; not a Bradley Cooper fan aside from Hangover).
^ it's not on Netflix but I redboxed it.

Delivery Man also not on netflix but I redboxed it was pretty funny too; Vince Vaughn and Chris Pratt (one of my newer favorite actors) star in it; it's a pretty decent story to it for it being a comedy.