Movie suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
For those of us who love movies and have seen a lot of them it is hard sometimes to find something we've never seen...

So I wanted to start this thread so that we can all recommend films to each other.. the goal is to see if we can help each other find some hidden gems.

So please post a suggestion for a movie that you have seen and enjoyed and would like to share with all of us.. what genre the film is.. and a short synopsis.

Looking forward to seeing your suggestions!

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'll start out with a few suggestions..

1. The Tournament.. this is an action film with solid acting, plenty of shoot-em-up and explosions and blood.
Synopsis: Every seven years in an unsuspecting town, The Tournament takes place. A battle royale between 30 of the world's deadliest assassins. The last man standing receives $10,000,000 cash
b107743cfcab0b1504022900e640c3e6.jpg

2. Arena... another action film with very gory scenes and gratuitous nudity
Synopsis: David Lord finds himself forced into the savage world of a modern gladiatorial arena, where men fight to the death for the entertainment of the online masses.
bca8de197fa021b17fb2ac4476b6ad14.jpeg

3. Hounddog... A drama film about the life of a teenage girl growing up in the American south.
Synopsis: A drama set in the American South, where a precocious, troubled girl finds a safe haven in the music and movement of Elvis Presley.
7d00d437ea0ebadccc7f10b251b59e32.jpg

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I recommend the King of Comedy in every thread like this. nobody watches it.

It is a dark comedy staring De Niro directed by Scorsese

it's my favorite Scorsese movie. Really well written, funny and De Niro kills it as a delusional obsessed fan wack job.

Reactions: Pop Tatari

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

it's my favorite Scorsese movie. Really well written, funny and De Niro kills it as a delusional obsessed fan wack job.

I've seen it... great movie.. anything with DeNiro and directed by Scorcese is always top notch. Great recommendation.. I hope some more people check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score

I was disappointed by the ending.

i was hoping he'd be a turrible comic. Would have made it funnier to me

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was disappointed by the ending.

i was hoping he'd be a turrible comic. Would have made it funnier to me
He was a terrible comic lol. He had charisma and decent delivery but the content made no sense lol. I might watch this shit RIGHT MEOW I love it so much.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Midnight Run with De Niro is a great action buddy comedy film where he plays a bounty hunter who has to bring a guy back to LA within 5 days, real fun with some great dialogue.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Monsters. Great little Brit indie flick.

After a NASA deep-space probe crash lands in Mexico, extraterrestrial life forms spread throughout the US–Mexico border region, leading to the quarantine of the northern half of Mexico. US and Mexican troops battle to contain the creatures, while a wall stretching along the American border ostensibly keeps the US protected.

Nicked the synopsis of wiki out of laziness. But its a great film different to what you expect but awesome.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The Pledge with Jack Nicholson is an underrated film. Only check it out if you don't mind detective stories with a slow-burn pace, though. The ending will likely leave you with mixed feelings (you'll probably hate it at first), even though I loved it.

Natural Born Killers will make you feel like you're on an acid trip (though that's part of the point), but it's a brilliant satire and a genuine great movie, especially the entire prison sequence in the second half of the film. The alternate ending is better though imo.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo (dumb name I know)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Still looking for movie suggestions to keep me busy.... not really looking for mainstream movies.. but more indy flicks with great storytelling and acting.

Please suggest me something